Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
MGH1989

Reports: Matt Rhule finalizing deal to be Carolina Panthers HC

This is going to be very interesting.  Tepper going outside the normal thinking in the NFL and going to either shake up the league or fall flat on his face. 

• Beer 1

When does he announce Eric Washington has been retained

Like I said before, I want a HC who has HC experience, defensive and offensive coaching experience. I've found those coaches to be the best in the NFL

Rhule has coached offensively, defensively and special teams. The most well rounded coach out of all options. Idc about his head coaching record cause Temple and Baylor improved each year.

What's next if Rhule needs to hire the good coordinators. I have no problem with Wade as our DC. We need to stick with the 3-4

Keep Cam and draft oline

• Pie 4

So much for the assumptions. College coach who has never been an OC. Hes coached all 3 aspects of the game at some point 

Panthers hired ex-Baylor coach Matt Rhule as head coach.

Rhule was initially set to interview with the Giants on Tuesday but apparently kept off the plane after Panthers owner David Tepper spent Monday in Waco with the Baylor coach and his family. While it will undoubtedly take a full reload to put the Panthers back on the map, Carolina's vacancy had to be more intriguing than the Giants' gig given Rhule's proven track record of building organizations from the ground up — most recently Baylor University's. A quick agreement from both sides also entails the 44-year-old has CEO duties, especially since Tepper has reportedly agreed to help Rhule build a sports science/recovery program similar to the one he created at Baylor. Current Lions QBs coach Sean Ryan was Rhule's choice for OC last year, so expect the former to jump ship in the coming days.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst

I'm hoping for the best while also shaking my head and going "Wait, what?! :fear:

I don't really know what to think, but I'm going to set my expectations low.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 5

If Phil Snow is indeed coming with him as DC, expect the Panthers to stay with the 3-4 scheme because that was Baylor's base... Also, they did run a lot of 3-3-5 packages as well

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst

This.  I think this dude was tailor-made for college.  His poo isn't gonna fly in the pros.

Not my first choice but I like a guy with a chip on his shoulder. As a former walk on he will have that and has turned around 2 college programs in his Head Coach stints.

2 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

If Phil Snow is indeed coming with him as DC, expect the Panthers to stay with the 3-4 scheme because that was Baylor's base... Also, they did run a lot of 3-3-5 packages as well

Yeah, We use the 3-3 Stack, but that aint working in the NFL, too much space and speed.