Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Ahhh yess.... Good Ole Mike McCoy... I remember when he was QB coach here once and used old tires to have the QBs throw through them lol

• Pie 1

Worth remembering Jake Delhomme had a lot of respect for Mike McCoy. He might put in a good word for him.

McCoy was also a receivers coach with us but not a great one. If I recall correctly, after a couple of years of him at that job they asked Richard Williamson back.

Baylor has settled their choice...

So Matt Rhule leaves Baylor for the Panthers, one LSU guy joins him and the other takes his old job.

That likely means Rhule's former staff will be out of work.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wonder who the third coach is? 

Hmmm??? 

Edited by carpanfan96

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

Wonder who the three coaches are? 

Hmmm??? 

I understood her to be referring to Rhule, Brady and Phil Snow.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Worth remembering Jake Delhomme had a lot of respect for Mike McCoy. He might put in a good word for him.

McCoy was also a receivers coach with us but not a great one. If I recall correctly, after a couple of years of him at that job they asked Richard Williamson back.

The McCoy /Willamson shuffle was fallout from.Musgrave quitting. Williamson was made OC the rest of 2000 and  then 2001. Then went back to WRs when Fox arrived.

With Holcomb getting the job here, the other Al gets a job elsewhere.

FYI: I haven't been able to find verification of it, but someone said that Rhule had promised not to officially hire any Baylor guys until their head coaching hire was settled. This would have been just in case one of his assistants got the job and the others wanted to stay and help.

The position is now filled, and it wasn't an internal hire, so Rhule may now start pulling guys like Phil Snow.

Edited by Mr. Scot

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: I haven't been able to find verification of it, but someone said that Rhule had promised not to officially hire any Baylor guys until their head coaching hire was settled. This would have been just in case one of his assistants got the job and the others wanted to stay and help.

The position is now filled, and it wasn't an internal hire, so Rhule may now start pulling guys like Phil Snow.

Honestly, could he be any worse than Eric Washington?  I mean come on.

• Pie 1