Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Verge

I kind of honestly wanted to make a thread title longer than that other dudes thread titles about Big Ben and Cam but we can still talk about the Panthers I think. How do you think Matt Rhule will use Christian McCaffrey in the same way as Norv Turner?

It does beg the question given how he ran offense in college, he preferred having a bigger back that could run you over out of the spread scheme or out of their power formations. Do you think we see similar usage, or are we going to run McCaffrey more and lower his numbers within the passing game?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

It does beg the question given how he ran offense in college, he preferred having a bigger back that could run you over out of the spread scheme or out of their power formations. Do you think we see similar usage, or are we going to run McCaffrey more and lower his numbers within the passing game?

How could be possibly run him any more?? I'd like to see him run less, if anything. He is gonna have 9 seasons of usage by the time his rookie deal is done.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Wow I logged in and thought something weird happened to my phone. Back to back paragraphed thread titles. 

the question is presented in the title interestingly. I’d say he will use him the same in the fact that CMC is an elite RB with solid reliable hands, so he will use him frequently. 

honestly I hope that Rhule can continue to build the offense for speed and give the QB a line to work with so the passing can get spread out a little and not rely on check downs so much. I’d be ok with smaller numbers for McCaffrey if it means the defenses are forced to stay honest and and we find a way to keep them on their heels. 

• Pie 1

I kind of honestly wanted to make a thread title longer than that other dudes thread titles about Big Ben and Cam but we can still talk about the Panthers I think. 

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.png.826289c736706a91f53b2e27d769a6cf.png

10\10 thread title.

Would recommend this thread title to a friend.

9/10, would def buy again but only if the thread title is a little longer

• Flames 1

Posted (edited)

It really wont be Rhule, but whoever he chooses as OC.  Hopefully they use him to his strengths and not try to fit him into a role that doesnt suit him

Edited by jfra78

Now that CMC pulled off the 1000/1000 season to show what he's capable of, I certainly hope they dial back his workload and find a running mate. 

I feel like you gave up too soon. You can go longer!

i dont think we can peg a preference down because he used what he had and got the most out of them..

so i really dont think he will have an issue using CMC

• Pie 1

Given McCaffrey can play between the tackles and outside and I expect him to be more jacked this year, why would you not keep him and use him regularly? He isn't declining due to overuse and has done something only two folks have ever done in the history of the league. Football coaches find a place for guys like him.

10 hours ago, Verge said:

Cmc is a unique HB as he is worth every penny he will ever get. I definitely see him used similarly, always there for a check down and occasionally staying in to block. I do see his depth of targets going up as I think we run more 2 HB sets with him acting as a Wr almost and a slight decrease in his run load.