Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

54 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I find it hard to believe this is because of the "rebuild".  He could easily force his way to a contender if he wanted.  If the team was really looking to rebuild they would probably help make that trade happen.

It’s clearly not because of the rebuild. The rebuilding gives him a chance to step away with his health and he took it. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Has a bright future ahead of him and is in good health despite multiple severe concussions.

Can't say that I blame him one bit for not wanting to start over with a rebuild.

All class. Hall of Honor inductee the moment he is eligible.

You should post a "Thank you Luke" thread.

Big congratulations to Wagner. You can now call yourself the best LB in the league. Because that title was Luke’s all day long until he relinquished it. GOAT

• Beer 1

I’m happy for him and he’ll continue to make impacts on people off the field with whatever he decides to do next. 

6 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Luke left $21 million on the table.   wow

I’m sure he’ll get a large portion of that out of respect. 

Now, instead of running backs frantically trying to avoid Luke, it will be the trout that are trying to avoid Luke.  And I am OK with that.  Go get married, pop out some kids, and catch all the fish.  Cheers to Luke.

I do think that panthers fans should keep the tradition of chanting “luuuuuuuuuuke” whenever any white player makes a play. 

• Beer 1

I've been watching the NFL for 50 years.  I've seen great players and fan favorites fade into the sunset.  I'd much rather see them go out like this, on their own two-feet, with their faculties in tact, rather than hang on too long and leave shells of themselves, both on the field and personally.

I can't fault any professional athlete for making this decision.  I think we will see more of it, especially in the NFL. 

Watching Luke play was a privilege. I'd have to think long and hard about who was the best MLB that I ever saw play the game, but Luke is certainly on the short list for that title.

• Pie 1

If you could somehow duplicate his singleminded drive, dedication, and focus in another athlete, they could be allpro with just half the talent.  Any player coming into the league who wants a map to greatness , should look at Luke as the beacon to follow.

3 hours ago, jtm said:

I’m sure he’ll get a large portion of that out of respect. 

I don't think so. 

He gotten a large amount of money due to the restructures over the last couple of years. The 21M remaining is base salary that is paid out if he plays. Since he isn't, I doubt seriously that he sees that money.

That's not a slight on Luke, it's just a result of his retirement.