Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Prime

What's the quickest path to being contenders again?

34 minutes ago, Prime said:

Right. It's easy to say become a longterm contender. What's the first move to do that?

Build an oline. The teams left this year and past ten years deep playoff teams have the best olines in the league.

Even without an elite QBs, without elite playmakers, without secondaries...these teams always make it for that reason.

Dline comes second.

2 minutes ago, carolina-chuck-59 said:

You ain’t getting a 1st for Bradberry. Why do panthers fans always overrate Panthers players

So what does he fetch than? Individually he plays well against the best recievers in the league. And he's still young 

1 minute ago, Prime said:

So what does he fetch than? Individually he plays well against the best recievers in the league. And he's still young 

Honestly I’m a really big Bradberry fan but the best we are getting for him is a late 2nd for a team that is a contender and needs work at CB.  Better off keeping him in a division with big physical WRs

15 minutes ago, TheGoldenRhule said:

You really aren't going to take the rest of the off season well.

3 off seasons of shittiness in row? No. A bunch of wannabe college coaches coming in with this shitty roster and the top people are leaving? 

Tepper is out of his league. 

IMO they will start with the offense and look to get it to the 25-30 points per game with runs and short passes that keeps the clock running and shortens the game. I see a new Benjamin type wr this draft and a couple OL.  The defense takes priority in years 2 and 3 as well as over the top passing.  The 49ers had 4 dreadful years before turning it around this year and set for the future.  Hopefully we can do it in 3.  

49ers have been drafting 1st round dlineman for years. I’m pretty sure their entire dline is comprised of all 1st rounders

Edited by TheRumGone

I think there's a significant chance we take Ceedee lamb or jerry jeudy to pair with DJ. Given that Joe Brady is coming in 

Go all in with the offense and hope Cam comes close to 100% next year. Build the o-line, get one more dynamic WR, and try to field a serviceable defense.

47 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Trade down and trade players to stockpile draft picks. 

Rebuild both lines with those picks.

Suck next season (inevitable anyway) and grab the next long term QB.

Start winning again in 2021-2022

I wouldn’t trade down. We still need elite talent. I’m not trading the young guys we have because it’s pennies on the dollar. There are 7 elite players in this draft (Okudah, Jeudy, Thomas, Tua, Burrow, Young and Brown) so you use #7 wisely and don’t go to the next tier just to take a 40-50% chance on a day 2 pick (unless someone gives us a Marty type overvalued trade up).

I wouldn’t resign old expensive guys and I’d likely try to trade Short and Poe or outright release them. If we play our cars right we could get a substantial number of comp picks for 2021. Irvin, McCoy, Butler, Addison, Cockrell, Williams (if healthier), Boston, Hogan, Van Roten and maybe even Bradberry could net 1-2 3rds, a couple 4ths/5ths and a few 6ths/7ths if we don’t sign any big free agents and just fill in the roster with cuts or trades or FAs after the comp deadline (like Boston). That could be some nice trade up material or just a lot of ammo to get more hits.

I wouldn’t worry about winning at all in 2020 or maybe 2021. I’m just stockpiling talent.

I hate to say it but I would talk to Cam about a trade and deal him. We need a franchise QB and he can be that, if healthy, but this team is not a contender right now. That’s gets me a total of $75M in additional cap savings across 2020 and 2021. I’d definitely lighten the load on CMC and either trade him for picks (if Brady comes back or a team like Buffalo, Baltimore or KC want to take a huge step up, I could see getting a 1st and 2nd). I wouldn’t think about NFC teams although man a couple teams would be ridiculously better with him.

It’s a 2-3 year turn around so a guy like Burns and Moore would be must haves as they will still have rookie contract time (cheaper 5th year) and they have a lot of years left. CMC is border line because he will be expensive and have a lot of mileage at the turning point.

It’s a lot to digest and probably hinges on Cam. If Cam is gone, time to tank and stockpile.

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

Go all in with the offense and hope Cam comes close to 100% next year. Build the o-line, get one more dynamic WR, and try to field a serviceable defense.

All in won’t help. As I’ve mentioned before, our 2015 scoring offense would get us to 8-8 or 9-7 if we continue to give up 30 ppg like we have since the middle of 2018. We would have had a +30 differential with the 2015 offense this year. That’s the 9-7 Rams and that’s the best offensive year we’ve ever had. All in on offense gets us to maybe 7-9 or 8-8, basically Tampa Bay and that’s if the picks do well. We have so many FAs and expensive guys coming off season ending injuries on the D that getting to serviceable is a big mountain to climb and no we don’t have Luke.

I just don’t want to keep limping. This year and next have a handful of potential QB studs and some later intriguing guys. If we limp along and decide $35M for Cam isn’t worth it, we could be the Browns searching for years.

Just now, Cookie Lyon said:

There's no easy way out. There's no shortcut home.

I guess we should just give in then (it can't be wrong).

• Pie 1