Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Joe Brady Press Conference Today at 2pm

He starts every sentence with the word “look”... and it drives me insane.  Other than that, we’re cool.

• Pie 1
  • Milkshake 1

4 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

He starts every sentence with the word “look”... and it drives me insane.  Other than that, we’re cool.

Ha! At least he doesn’t end every thought with “at the end of the day”.

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Ha! At least he doesn’t end every thought with “at the end of the day”.

Or "It is what it is." :poison:

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Panfan35 said:

Right we ran the same plays the entire time Ron was here note the Super Bowl what did von Miller say “they are running the same plays we’ve seen they didn’t change anything “ I believe that’s the exact quote. Such a breath of fresh air I am getting excited again. 

It wasn’t just Von, several of the Broncos D were basically making fun of us for going into a super bowl and not changing anything game plan wise.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Or "It is what it is." :poison:

we don't know what he is...we haven't seen him after a loss.  So in theory we could be like....

Look, it is what it is.  We missed some opportunities. It was a bad day to have bad day.  But the positive part is these things are correctable and we will correct them. 

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, DubE_4MR said:

"Everyone knows Christian McCaffrey" ....Couldn't hold that excitement in boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol 

He didn't sound to excited about Cam.lol

Both Rhule and Brady both said the same thing they are excited to talk to Cam Newton. The writing is on the wall.

People better start getting trade ideas together. Cam will be gone in March healthy or not.

New Era new beginnings.

• Poo 3

19 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I like what I heard 

I bet you liked what you saw too. 

• The D 3

5 minutes ago, Shaqil915 said:

It wasn’t just Von, several of the Broncos D were basically making fun of us for going into a super bowl and not changing anything game plan wise.

We had gone 15-1 and dominated the postseason.  I mean, sometimes you gotta be what got you to the dance. 

There just should of been an in game adjustment to how bad Miller was abusing the RT

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Panthers OC Joe Brady says he may be an ‘'offensive coordinator now but I still work like I'm a graduate assistant.'' Not into labeling his style of offense or system.

A very satisfactory press conference, I thought.

He took questions from the start, with no prepared speech to start.  He answered them all with humility, intelligence, proper homage to those who got him here, and also the proper deflections to questions about staff and players that he can't answer yet.

Realizing the need for constant evolution in play calling, and his apparent love for the art of that play calling, was the highlight for me.

The team is far from formed, but hearing what he and Rhule had to say about how they planned to form it -- very encouraging.

This "process" will take awhile, and we have be patient with its formation.  I'm confident they know what they're doing.

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

We had gone 15-1 and dominated the postseason.  I mean, sometimes you gotta be what got you to the dance. 

There just should of been an in game adjustment to how bad Miller was abusing the RT

Yes this doesnt bother me too much. We could have done a Baltimore and changed up everything, but then people would scream, why would you stop doing what made you successful... Theres something to be said for saying "this is what we do best, and you cant stop us". I mean thats exactly what Tennessee is doing right now. I suppose there's a happy medium. Perhaps we failed to add a few wrinkles. And yes, blocking Von Miller. But that was an in-game issue.

Edited by emhoward

8 minutes ago, Real1zOnly said:

He didn't sound to excited about Cam.lol

Both Rhule and Brady both said the same thing they are excited to talk to Cam Newton. The writing is on the wall.

People better start getting trade ideas together. Cam will be gone in March healthy or not.

New Era new beginnings.

I think they both understand it's possible but not certain that he will be back. They're just letting the front office handle it.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not a terribly long presser (just under 20 minutes)

A lot of "I don't know yet" or "I haven't had time to get into that yet" answers, which is probably true.

The one clear concept that came out was that everything they do is gonna be dynamic. It's not just gonna be the same thing over and over again. They plan to learn, shift and evolve.

Sounds like we might have finally put away the checkers and pulled out the chess pieces.

Seems like I've heard that saying we are going to EVOLVE!

Not from the presser but something to add on him.

WFNZ had one of the people who covers LSU football on this morning.  And he really mentioned how Brady studied NFL film every Wednesday while coaching at LSU.  

• Milkshake 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Couple of issues here...

Yeah, it's a valid choice to stick with what works. It's also smart to have a backup plan just in case it doesn't. The lack of adjustments makes it pretty clear we didn't.

Plus it's not like they didn't have warning signs. The Atlanta game should have made clear there were exploitable flaws. Ron wrote it off as a fluke.

But heck, even if you don't have a backup plan, do something. Dan Henning basically came up with an entire new gameplan at the half of Super Bowl 38, and it worked.

All of which leads to the core problem...

Rivera and his staff just weren't that smart. In a classroom full of NFL coaches, Ron would have been one of the lesser students.

That's why when faced with a choice of how to handle things, he all too often picked the wrong option.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1