Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

saX man

Tua at #3 (Trade Up)

55 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Super Bowl in 5 years??

Yes please.

18 hours ago, Varking said:

Juedy might be the only first rounder. The WR class is so deep this year I doubt any others go round one. 

Not even I see some are not fans of CeeDee but once the process is over he’ll be top 15 he’s close to a Julio clone. He’s going to be the first WR taken. 

18 hours ago, saX man said:

This is an insane WR class

Oh yes Tee Higgins may sneak into the first round as the 3-4 WR taken this year there’s some talent at wideout. And more then 3 going on the first round this draft.

17 hours ago, jbland said:

No! We are not a qb away from a Super Bowl. We are D and O lines away. 

Exactly but I’d say our defensive line isn’t that far off with the return of KK and McCoy, the addition of D Brown and a solid 4-3 DE via free agency we’re are in position to feast.

Our O-line seems to need more talent infused and we need to determine what’s up with our LT. GVR needs to be a backup and if we could snag a C to start day one I’d be ecstatic. Does anyone think Paradis can play LG? Is that to far fetched?

13 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Oh yes Tee Higgins may sneak into the first round as the 3-4 WR taken this year there’s some talent at wideout. And more then 3 going on the first round this draft.

Not to mention the likes of Tyler Johnson could be there in round 2 who would have EASILY been the 1st WR off the bird in previous classes like Ridley/DJs group.  I know we have pressing needs but I do think there’s going to be legit WR talent Available at pick 2.

Also in general (not to you), appreciate those who aren’t writing this off in a single blip. I’m not necessarily for it but again figured to consolidate and discuss Tua. I like the idea of being aggressive for a franchise QB but do we need a new one yet? Does this draft really have one? 

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Super Bowl in 5 years??

That was an old coaching staff that went 1-15

Imagine the brand new college coach having that type of season

would he be given 5 years

I think the real question is...

tua has been heating up recently if his work out goes well it’s a real possibility that he goes number 1 so now you got burrows sitting at 4 do you make a move then. 

1 minute ago, Panfan35 said:

tua has been heating up recently if his work out goes well it’s a real possibility that he goes number 1 so now you got burrows sitting at 4 do you make a move then. 

If that happened? Absolutely yes.

1 hour ago, Panfan35 said:

I know the Bungals are bad, but are you really saying that they would be dumb enough to take a top shelf qb project with an extensive injury history over a top shelf qb prospect with no injury history at no 1?

I think that might be a reach even for them.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Panfan35 said:

Now thats pretty interesting, I didnt really consider the Bengals taking Tua at 1, just because of his injury history.  But, he could show out at his work out, and his hip could be fine by the time the season comes around.  Maybe Zac Taylor would rather work with a QB like Tua than a QB like Burrow?  

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Now thats pretty interesting, I didnt really consider the Bengals taking Tua at 1, just because of his injury history.  But, he could show out at his work out, and his hip could be fine by the time the season comes around.  Maybe Zac Taylor would rather work with a QB like Tua than a QB like Burrow?  

Would Washington draft burrows and trade Haskins (to anyone not Panthers) the current regime in Washington didn't draft Haskins

• Pie 1

Just now, Palmetto said:

Would Washington draft burrows and trade Haskins (to anyone not Panthers) the current regime in Washington didn't draft Haskins

I think they would probably think long and hard about it.  If that did happen there would be some monumental wheeling and dealing happening to try and move up to get Burrow and/or Chase Young.

• Pie 1

we better stay away from him. i dont think he cuts it in nfl. that's besides the injury. Hurney needs to do what he does best and take the best prospect no one else needs like LB.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:07 PM, saX man said:

I don’t know if I’d want this as the price could be high but I did have a dream that it happened. So there’s that.

I also figure this can consolidate the Tua specific conversation and see what people think. Many think he’d be hands down #1 overall if he didn’t go down so I wonder how teams will look at him if his recovery checks out in March per the reported medical follow up he’s due.

He has a really refined game and I just think could be worth the gamble. In an early reboot, I think it’s the most opportune time to take a boom/bust at the most critical position.

whatsayyou?

I say you really want Marty Hurney to go out with a bang, don't you?

(and not a good one)

Edited by Mr. Scot

On 1/21/2020 at 11:15 AM, qazsazsaz said:

Tua had 3 first round nfl receivers to throw to and a dominant O-line. I can't trust a guy who's never been challenged to succeed.

“Never been challenged to succeed”? Are you kidding? The first real game action the guy had as a true freshman was when his team was down double digits at halftime in the National Championship Game. He led that team back to a come from behind win with an amazing touchdown pass in OT after taking a 16-yard loss on the first play for his team.

• Pie 1

Before the injury Tua was the consensus # 1 Qb in the NFL draft. Would have been drafted 1 or 2

Because of the injury concerns Tua will slip out of the top ten and a team that thought they had no shot at him will be happy to draft and sit him for a year or two

I think he goes 12 to the Raiders

Panthers should stay put and draft the best O-line , D-line , shut down corner or LBer available