Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ncfan

Panthers watching a Lot of 2 positions at Senior Bowl week

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

WRs?   We have Moore and Samuel?  Samuel should be a slot.  I think a top WR would make them elite.

Top WR maybe but adding another WR instead of Wright is a must..

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Yep. Do you want the second best corner or the seventh best guard in the second round. It has to be best value at a position of need or such a good value that you have to take him at that spot. And if you do it right you try and fill your holes with free agents so you don't reach for a player in the draft.

Agree.. I'd rather have the best DB or LB instead of the 4th best OT or 6th best guard..

47 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

*cuts you off the debate team*

50B63010-6CDE-4763-BDCC-E2C9BA66E569.thumb.jpeg.6c9d1072d44020de59b9ad6dfb729e4d.jpeg

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

WRs?   We have Moore and Samuel?  Samuel should be a slot.  I think a top WR would make them elite.

Brady likes 4 and 5 receiver sets.  So, we will need to add at least one more legit receiver to compliment DJ and Samuel...regardless of whether we keep Wright or not.

So, I wouldn't be shocked if we pick Justin Jefferson from LSU if he's there in the 2nd.  He's a quality receiver and already knows Brady's system.  He would be a nice resource to help the other receivers learn the offense.  

15 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Brady likes 4 and 5 receiver sets.  So, we will need to add at least one more legit receiver to compliment DJ and Samuel...regardless of whether we keep Wright or not.

So, I wouldn't be shocked if we pick Justin Jefferson from LSU if he's there in the 2nd.  He's a quality receiver and already knows Brady's system.  He would be a nice resource to help the other receivers learn the offense.  

Tyler Johnson!!

• Pie 1

I'm starting to question OL at #7.  There is no stud LT in this class and the rest of the tackles aren't worth that high of a pick.  Thomas being the best pure LT, but even he has some work to do on his game.  No day one LTs in the bunch.  Most of the other top prospects are RTs...Wirfs, Wills and Wilson.  I have a hard time justifying a RT at #7, even a stalwart.  If Brown is there, he's probably our best bet for BPA and DL help.

We may have to go the FA route again at LT and hope we don't strike out twice with Matt Kalil Jr.  No, Little and Daley are NOT the answers.

22 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm starting to question OL at #7.  There is no stud LT in this class and the rest of the tackles aren't worth that high of a pick.  Thomas being the best pure LT, but even he has some work to do on his game.  No day one LTs in the bunch.  Most of the other top prospects are RTs...Wirfs, Wills and Wilson.  I have a hard time justifying a RT at #7, even a stalwart.  If Brown is there, he's probably our best bet for BPA and DL help.

We may have to go the FA route again at LT and hope we don't strike out twice with Matt Kalil Jr.  No, Little and Daley are NOT the answers.

DT Brown will be the best value at this point.

OT's are going up and down the board at present. Daniel Jeremiah has Thomas at 25th best player.  Consistently, Brown is a top 5 guy

• Pie 1

Tepper: We need to be up with the times and be offensive minded.

Hurney: Yeah that sounds great anyways we're taking a DT in the first and i'm trading back up to the first twice to take two more. You may be rich bitch and i'm gonna test them pockets.

On 1/24/2020 at 6:42 PM, panthers55 said:

Yep. Do you want the second best corner or the seventh best guard in the second round. It has to be best value at a position of need or such a good value that you have to take him at that spot. And if you do it right you try and fill your holes with free agents so you don't reach for a player in the draft.

This is nonsense. Please tell me which 6 guards are going to go before Carolina's second pick in this extremely weak OG class? And Okudah will be the only CB selected? Talk about confirmation bias.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I just hope they don't take a center and play him at guard. Billy Price, Pat Elflein and Frank Ragnow are all examples of centers who have had nightmare starts in the NFL playing out of position at OG. Elflein and Price were ruined but Ragnow had a much improved second year playing at C. 

Obviously this would have a certain logic for the Panthers though after the year Paradis had 

4 minutes ago, Catsmiaow said:

I just hope they don't take a center and play him at guard. Billy Price, Pat Elflein and Frank Ragnow are all examples of centers who have had nightmare starts in the NFL playing out of position at OG. Elflein and Price were ruined but Ragnow had a much improved second year playing at C. 

Obviously this would have a certain logic for the Panthers though after the year Paradis had 

The kid out of Wisconsin is about the only one I think that could make the transition, and that is only until Paridis is gone, and, if the other G's are so terrible that a Center could beat them out for the position.

1 hour ago, Catsmiaow said:

If Paradis plays like last year, i don't think a rookie would take long to overtake his starting position. He was bad, just bad. On the flip side, yes a rookie would have a learning curve to learn the calls but everyone is going to be learnong a new offense this year. Paradis' contract may not be going anywhere this year but that doesn't mean we can't field a better playing Center this year. It might just take some time. It's exciting to think about a staff that doesn't trott garbage out on the field just because he is a vet.

Edited by Waldo

2 hours ago, Catsmiaow said:

This is nonsense. Please tell me which 6 guards are going to go before Carolina's second pick in this extremely weak OG class? And Okudah will be the only CB selected? Talk about confirmation bias.

You obviously miss the point and are too concrete in your thinking. The point is that if you decide you want a certain position like guard you may be reaching for a player who is not as good as someone else available at another position. As for specific players it is way too soon for that given the draft is months away. Did anyone think when we got Moore at 24 that he would be the first wide receiver taken? Exactly.