Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Saints appear ready to keep Hill over Bridgewater

Recommended Posts



9 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I don’t think Payton actually thinks he is. 

tysom looks like a gadget player who can throw.  all his big passing plays were trick plays

 

when he was opperating under center as a normal QB, he was ass

 

i hope they think hes the future. cause that dude is just tomfoolery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me get this straight.

30 year old QB with 13 total pass attempts in his 3 year career.  Who has 5x more rushes and 2x more receptions than pass attempts.  Who has more tackles than completed passes.  Who..when Brees was injured..was *not* the QB they started.

We are supposed to believe a rumor the Saints think he is their "QB of the Future"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

So let me get this straight.

30 year old QB with 13 total pass attempts in his 3 year career.  Who has 5x more rushes and 2x more receptions than pass attempts.  Who has more tackles than completed passes.  Who..when Brees was injured..was *not* the QB they started.

We are supposed to believe a rumor the Saints think he is their "QB of the Future"?

Seems to have fooled some supposedly knowledgeable people on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Aren't we almost into lying season?

Isn't it always lying season?

Now with that said, if Drew Brees doesn't come back, is it really the best idea to just clean out your quarterback room and start with nobody?

No way to know if this is true. Glazer seems to think it is, and I'd say it's at least possible.

Mind you, I think it's very possible that they do have to make some kind of decision. The death of Kobe Bryant seems to have had an impact on Greg Olsen. It wouldn't surprise me if it had one on Drew Brees as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Isn't it always lying season?

Now with that said, if Drew Brees doesn't come back, is it really the best idea to just clean out your quarterback room and start with nobody?

No way to know if this is true. Glazer seems to think it is, and I'd say it's at least possible.

Mind you, I think it's very possible that they do have to make some kind of decision.the death of Kobe Bryant seems to have had an impact on Greg Olsen. It wouldn't surprise me if it had one on Drew Brees as well.

True, I just can't believe a word that comes out of Paytons mouth.

Not doubting Glazer, he seems to have legit sources all over, this would just be a very strange move whether Brees comes back or not.  

I fully expect Brees back on a 1 year deal....I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Aren't we almost into lying season?

Well to america, where this is not a thing that has a season. It's year round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

True, I just can't believe a word that comes out of Paytons mouth.

Not doubting Glazer, he seems to have legit sources all over, this would just be a very strange move whether Brees comes back or not.  

I fully expect Brees back on a 1 year deal....I think.

The primary question I ask myself is this: Is Payton's ego inflated enough to believe that he could make Taysom Hill a franchise quarterback?

I've found it's good policy to never underestimate the ego of a douchebag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The primary question I ask myself is this: Is Payton's ego inflated enough to believe that he could make Taysom Hill a franchise quarterback?

I've found it's good policy to never underestimate the ego of a douchebag.

Ha, true, and the NFL is full of them, I just can't see it.

Then again, maybe he thinks his time in NO is coming to an end, just seems confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The primary question I ask myself is this: Is Payton's ego inflated enough to believe that he could make Taysom Hill a franchise quarterback?

I've found it's good policy to never underestimate the ego of a douchebag.

There's a similar question you could ask yourself as well:

Is Payton's ego inflated enough to believe he could trick the rest of the league into believing Taysom Hill is worth something meaningful in trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Ha, true, and the NFL is full of them, I just can't see it.

Then again, maybe he thinks his time in NO is coming to an end, just seems confusing.

What we think and what they think are generally very different things.

Take Bridgewater, for example. He looked like refried crap playing against us in Kyle Allen's first start. it was pretty much the universal opinion here when Brees went down that the Saints were about to have a very bad time.

Except they didn't. They went undefeated with Bridgewater under center.

I've pondered whether Payton might be like a dark side version of Andy Reid. Lord knows Reid could make mediocre quarterbacks look good enough that teams offered foolish trades for them. Maybe Payton's system can have the same effect.

(that's not meant as a slap at Brees, by the way; Brees is legit)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

There's a similar question you could ask yourself as well:

Is Payton's ego inflated enough to believe he could trick the rest of the league into believing Taysom Hill is worth something meaningful in trade?

No question.

Mind you, Loomis would have to be on board with that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is less about trade bait and more about hardball negotiations with Brees.  

 

"Drew, we will be happy if you come back but we don't need you.  We have our future QB on the team already"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

This is less about trade bait and more about hardball negotiations with Brees.  

 

"Drew, we will be happy if you come back but we don't need you.  We have our future QB on the team already"

 

 

I mean....maybe...but if Taysom Hill isn't the real deal, and lord knows several people have already posted very well stated reasons why the notion he is is eyeroll worthy, don't you think a HOF player in the same locker room, heck same positional meetings, is gonna know that regardless of what his coach says? I think whether Hill is the answer or isn't, Brees knows that one way or the other without needing any public comment from Payton to put pressure on him. I don't see any way this could actually accomplish that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...