Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Verge

Another year, another draft thread.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

I know you're passing on what you're hearing, so this isn't direct toward you, but that doesn't even make sense to me.

He might mean that they can't see / visit him

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

6'3" 232. Seems like a good power running compliment for CMC. Seems like a late round to possibly UDFA type prospect.

So why did we keep Davis? Scarlett?  Bonnefon?  Marty has always loved him some RBs--immediate return on the investment, I suppose.  The focus has been on offense when we needed to build the OL on offense and work on the defense.  He then cuts Reid, Luke retires, he does not re-sign Butler, Love, or Poe---and he focuses on SKILL players on the offense--the draft is LOADED at WR, so we stock the pantry with---you guessed it--Wide Receivers.  Now he wants a 5th RB--it is like he is spending the cap so he is not forced to do what he has proven that he cannot do---draft or sign OL and DTs.  

We have NO CBs and are 1 deep at S and DT--most of our rush ends are OLBs, and we have 1 starting LB returning...SO Marty is chatting it up with what will be our 5th string RB.  I do not get it.  CMC is getting most of the touches, and the three I mentioned are fine in relief--in fact, we should cut one.

Marty drafted RBs back to back in consecutive years.  Who does that?  A: Marty.

 

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

So why did we keep Davis? Scarlett?  Bonnefon?  Marty has always loved him some RBs--immediate return on the investment, I suppose.

We have NO CBs and are 1 deep at S and DT--most of our rush ends are OLBs, and Marty is chatting it up with what will be our 5th string RB.  I do not get it.  CMC is getting most of the touches, and the three I mentioned are fine in relief--in fact, we should cut one.

Marty drafted RBs back to back in consecutive years.  Who does that?

I'm no Marty fan in the least, but I have no issues with us doing our homework on prospects. I mean, we're talking about a likely UDFA here. These guys are plugging away 100% on the draft right now and it's still three weeks away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So why did we keep Davis? Scarlett?  Bonnefon?  Marty has always loved him some RBs--immediate return on the investment, I suppose.

We have NO CBs and are 1 deep at S and DT--most of our rush ends are OLBs, and Marty is chatting it up with what will be our 5th string RB.  I do not get it.  CMC is getting most of the touches, and the three I mentioned are fine in relief--in fact, we should cut one.

Marty drafted RBs back to back in consecutive years.  Who does that?

You’re trying to understand something that makes no sense. Omenihu was a guy I loved after he looked great at the Senior Bowl. Remember that the Senior Bowl had Risner, Dillard, McCoy, the OU/Wisconsin Gs and a bunch of other day 1/2 OL. A great showcase for DL. Somehow he went after Scarlett, but you know we’re loaded with DL and had no future need in 2020 for a young 3-4/4-3 DE.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Verge: When is your new thread, mock and pre draft incites from your guy coming? Hopefully next week:Eyes_Emoji_42x42::Eyes_Emoji_42x42: PLEASE!!!

I rem last year you had us grabbing Little and told us we were high on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Patterson said:

Verge: When is your new thread, mock and pre draft incites from your guy coming? Hopefully next week:Eyes_Emoji_42x42::Eyes_Emoji_42x42: PLEASE!!!

I rem last year you had us grabbing Little and told us we were high on him.

I will do my mock draft within the next 10 days. 

  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

I know you're passing on what you're hearing, so this isn't direct toward you, but that doesn't even make sense to me.

They are weary of his health, and kind of feel like maybe Tua and his agent aren't being 100% forthcoming. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Verge: Hearing Isaiah Wilson and Jeremy Chinn will go round 1. You have any guys you or your guy are hearing that could shock and go day 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

Verge: Hearing Isaiah Wilson and Jeremy Chinn will go round 1. You have any guys you or your guy are hearing that could shock and go day 1?

They are both early 2 guys so it makes sense either one could go in round one. Especially Wilson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm no Marty fan in the least, but I have no issues with us doing our homework on prospects. I mean, we're talking about a likely UDFA here. These guys are plugging away 100% on the draft right now and it's still three weeks away.

I get that, and I thought Armanti Edwards would be a seventh rounder or undrafted free agent when we traded up to get him in the third round.  I am not afraid of where this guy could go, I am afraid of what the dumbass will do when he falls in love with a player.  He telegraphs, reaches, and he drafts poorly.   Other than that, he's good. 

Seriously, when I hear Hurney is looking through the dumpster for a gem, it scares me.  If he was not so subjective and emotional, I would encourage homework.  Maybe, however, he has been assigned the Undrafted free agents.  Maybe Rhule, Brady, and Snow will run things.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that the Steelers GM Kevin Colbert suggested that the draft should add 3 more rounds because of the scramble for undrafted FA is gonna be crazy. 

I would love that so much. Extend some of the draft until sunday. 10 rounds. 

With Rhule and Brady and a young roster, we should get some good UDFA this year either way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaliPanthers said:

I saw that the Steelers GM Kevin Colbert suggested that the draft should add 3 more rounds because of the scramble for undrafted FA is gonna be crazy. 

I would love that so much. Extend some of the draft until sunday. 10 rounds. 

With Rhule and Brady and a young roster, we should get some good UDFA this year either way. 

Back years ago the draft was more than 7 rounds and was closed to the public.  This would be neat because it would really be like an old 'throw-back' draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaliPanthers said:

I saw that the Steelers GM Kevin Colbert suggested that the draft should add 3 more rounds because of the scramble for undrafted FA is gonna be crazy. 

I would love that so much. Extend some of the draft until sunday. 10 rounds. 

With Rhule and Brady and a young roster, we should get some good UDFA this year either way. 

I would hope so, Hurney isn't an UDFA guy. Last year we went with the AAF stars and ignored UDFAs and got nothing out of that move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I get that, and I thought Armanti Edwards would be a seventh rounder or undrafted free agent when we traded up to get him in the third round.  I am not afraid of where this guy could go, I am afraid of what the dumbass will do when he falls in love with a player.  He telegraphs, reaches, and he drafts poorly.   Other than that, he's good. 

Seriously, when I hear Hurney is looking through the dumpster for a gem, it scares me.  If he was not so subjective and emotional, I would encourage homework.  Maybe, however, he has been assigned the Undrafted free agents.  Maybe Rhule, Brady, and Snow will run things.

Hurney is a terrible talent evaluator, probably the worst GM in the NFL. I am still in shock that they had Will Grier over Daniel Jones and Kyler Murray. This is some really simple poo. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...