Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
MHS831

Why the Panthers might Draft Herbert

4 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

You get a lot of flack .. but you never lie.

It's absolutely ridiculous here. Absolutely ridiculous.

The utter disrespect for Cam, who is going to have a better next five years than Mahomes, is pathetic.

Watch and see. When Cam wins this franchise multiple rings nobody here will be able to celebrate. This place wanted that QB out the door. Save a few posters.

I think the percentage of people, even in the Huddle, that want Cam gone is pretty small. It's just a vocal minority. 

Some have probably resigned themselves to assuming he IS gone but that's different than wanting him gone. 

Regardless of whether he comes back or not, we have to improve our backup QB situation. We can't continue to trot out Allen and Grier and it just be okay. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If we want a QB this year either go all in and go for Burrow or wait until 2021. Drafting some plucky lunchpail carrying gym rat just to say you did is something you can get away with in the third round, not 7th overall.

• Pie 1

Did people miss that Little had 3 injuries two being concussions in one year. We can draft a QB next year let's protect the one we got this year. Smh. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the percentage of people, even in the Huddle, that want Cam gone is pretty small. It's just a vocal minority. 

Some have probably resigned themselves to assuming he IS gone but that's different than wanting him gone. 

Regardless of whether he comes back or not, we have to improve our backup QB situation. We can't continue to trot out Allen and Grier and it just be okay. 

Those not wanting him gone but are "resigned" to the fact he is gone are weak, and just as bad.

How could you resign yourself to the fact your 30 year old franchise QB is leaving .. THIRTY year old FRANCHISE QB .. put two and two together.

Thirty year old franchise QB's don't leave. Common sense here.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

If we want a QB this year either go all in and go for Burrow or wait until 2021. Drafting some plucky lunchpail carrying gym rat just to say you did is something you can get away with in the third round, not 7th overall.

We quite possibly could be picking first next year so why not wait. Definitely some good QBs coming out next year. If we never fix our line it won't matter much. 

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There are fans and Sofa GMs on here.  I am a Sofa GM.  I try to analyze the situation based on my reading of the tea leaves and then I enjoy discussing possibilities--it does not matter what I want--it matters what I think they will do.  Some have a difficult time grasping that and attack you for it.  Silly.  Well said, by the way--

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I like Love.  Some of the others here are interesting.  But, none of them at 7, not even Burrow.  We need aggressive beef on the line(s).  I hope we trade out of 7 actually.  That is a terrible spot to be in for our needs right now in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

We quite possibly could be picking first next year so why not wait. Definitely some good QBs coming out next year. If we never fix our line it won't matter much. 

If we have Cam and address the lines, I think we can be decent. What if the plan is to not keep a 31-year old Newton based on the durability concerns and the contract demands?  What if they simply want a young QB to lead the charge into the next era? 

Tepper's mindset was forged as a teenage fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers--when they brought in a rookie named Bradshaw who threw something 24 interceptions vs. 6 TDs and completed 38.1% of his passes as a rookie.  Three years later...

Just now, MHS831 said:

If we have Cam and address the lines, I think we can be decent. What if the plan is to not keep a 31-year old Newton based on the durability concerns and the contract demands?  What if they simply want a young QB to lead the charge into the next era? 

Tepper's mindset was forged as a teenage fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers--when they brought in a rookie named Bradshaw who threw something 24 interceptions vs. 6 TDs and completed 38.1% of his passes as a rookie.  Three years later...

You wanted him gone as early as summer 2013.

Please dispense with this "I'm more objective than anyone else here" nonsense.

1 minute ago, carolinarolls said:

I like Love.  Some of the others here are interesting.  But, none of them at 7, not even Burrow.  We need aggressive beef on the line(s).  I hope we trade out of 7 actually.  That is a terrible spot to be in for our needs right now in my opinion.

The only time I recall Marty trading back in the first round is when he added a second rounder with the Jets (who got Revis) and we got Beason and Kalil out of the deal.  It was one his best trades--even though the value favored the Jets.  (The panthers also got a fifth for a sixth as part of the deal).  Trading up, however, has not been as fruitful for Marty.    

• Flames 1

34 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Those not wanting him gone but are "resigned" to the fact he is gone are weak, and just as bad.

How could you resign yourself to the fact your 30 year old franchise QB is leaving .. THIRTY year old FRANCHISE QB .. put two and two together.

Thirty year old franchise QB's don't leave. Common sense here.

we have given you reasons you just refuse to listen to them

And now we have NFL insiders, our team beat writers and other team beat writers all alluding to the fact that its a strong possibility.  Now I doubt all of them are just making crap up out of thin air.

Edited by mrcompletely11

10 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You wanted him gone as early as summer 2013.

Please dispense with this "I'm more objective than anyone else here" nonsense.

All you do is attack other posters. Imagine that day when your brain generates an original, contributing thought. 

So sad that you keep up with me like that--2013?  Here ya go:

https://www.psychguides.com/guides/mental-health-hotline/

• Beer 2

No. This team was in more of a rebuild in 2015 than it is now. Older FA LT that hadn't lived up to potential, and unproven undrafted FA right tackle. #1 WR down in preseason. A bunch of slow, old FA DBs. A bunch of old past-their-prime pass rushers. Got lucky with all because Cam Newton had good protection and played lights out. Also a couple of young DTs made everyone else's jobs easier on the defense.

The LT position killed this offense last season. Started in preseason by getting Cam injured. Then completed the job by getting Kyle and Will killed later in the season. 

Fix that position. Keep Cam. Fix the DT position. Do those 3 things and this team competes for a playoff birth. That's not a rebuild. That's having a productive offseason. Period.  

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

No. This team was in more of a rebuild in 2015 than it is now. Older FA LT that hadn't lived up to potential, and unproven undrafted FA right tackle. #1 WR down in preseason. A bunch of slow, old FA DBs. A bunch of old past-their-prime pass rushers. Got lucky with all because Cam Newton had good protection and played lights out. Also a couple of young DTs made everyone else's jobs easier on the defense.

The LT position killed this offense last season. Started in preseason by getting Cam injured. Then completed the job by getting Kyle and Will killed later in the season. 

Fix that position. Keep Cam. Fix the DT position. Do those 3 things and this team competes for a playoff birth. That's not a rebuild. That's having a productive offseason. Period.  

IIRC it was the right side of the line that totally broke down on the play he got hurt

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

All you do is attack other posters.

You were just calling someone a nut hugger multiple times barely an hour ago.

lol