Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MHS831

Why the Panthers might Draft Herbert

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Growl said:

Yeah so I'm pretty sure this wasn't me but I would point out A, four other positions on that unit don't garer big contracts and B, an ever increasing market because teams have no qualms letting their offensive lineman walk into free agency where stupid teams like the jaguars will blow up the market for mediocre players like Andrew norwell whereas Quarterbacks never, ever become available in free agency, which is part of the point here

It was definitely you, it was definitely in the Panthers don't expect to draft a QB in this class thread, and it was definitely just this morning, so its not like we are talking ancient history. Since you seem to have trouble remembering, here's what you said:

the NFL doesn't work this way, ever and trying to argue that it does is beneath you.

"oh wow boys we got a shot a franchise QB, if only we had somebody to really anchor that LG spot, shame on us, gotta pull the trigger I'm afraid, HOG MOLLIES wins super bowls, I mean okay, not really, but it sounds smart to say."

No team has ever put off drafting a QB because of something as negligible as the offensive line lol.

"they would if the QB class was bad!"

I won't insult you anymore for feeling this way but literally nobody of consequence agrees with you.

And here's what I said:

That’s odd because any reasonable definition of “anybody of consequence” would have to include actual NFL teams, right?

If the NFL considers offensive linemen so neglible, can you explain why spottrac is currently reporting left tackle as the single highest average paid non Qb position ? Left tackles consistently get paid more than any other position on average except qb.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/
 

If the NFL doesn’t “work that way”, why would it pay that way? Is your argument that 32 GM’s are consistently and collectively failing to pay their players in a way reflective of their importance?

 

So just to summarize:

That's you, earlier today, ignoring having the obvious disconnect between your claims that offensive linemen are "neglible" and what NFL teams actually pay left tackles pointed out to you, and now attempting to lecture others on the basics of economics. 

Irony, thy name is Growl.

 

  •  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


17 minutes ago, Growl said:

If I'm drunk and can emasculate you to this capacity then I'm very, very concerned about the quality of who is preparing my food

you didn't emasculate anyone talking draft nerd stuff with other draft nerds.   you just think you out nerded someone.  its a slight difference, but its an important one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Growl said:

wow and I actually thought you were off breaking down film and contacting your sources inside the Leagueto assess his value on draft night to substantiate your Greg little comment earlier, I'm in a state of disbelief that you're trying to ignore that

Lol. I don't put effort to people I don't  respect. You are a troll and of no consequence. Bye Felicia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

It was definitely you, it was definitely in the Panthers don't expect to draft a QB in this class thread, and it was definitely just this morning, so its not like we are talking ancient history. Since you seem to have trouble remembering, here's what you said:

the NFL doesn't work this way, ever and trying to argue that it does is beneath you.

"oh wow boys we got a shot a franchise QB, if only we had somebody to really anchor that LG spot, shame on us, gotta pull the trigger I'm afraid, HOG MOLLIES wins super bowls, I mean okay, not really, but it sounds smart to say."

No team has ever put off drafting a QB because of something as negligible as the offensive line lol.

"they would if the QB class was bad!"

I won't insult you anymore for feeling this way but literally nobody of consequence agrees with you.

And here's what I said:

That’s odd because any reasonable definition of “anybody of consequence” would have to include actual NFL teams, right?

If the NFL considers offensive linemen so neglible, can you explain why spottrac is currently reporting left tackle as the single highest average paid non Qb position ? Left tackles consistently get paid more than any other position on average except qb.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/
 

If the NFL doesn’t “work that way”, why would it pay that way? Is your argument that 32 GM’s are consistently and collectively failing to pay their players in a way reflective of their importance?

 

So just to summarize:

That's you, earlier today, ignoring having the obvious disconnect between your claims that offensive linemen are "neglible" and what NFL teams actually pay left tackles pointed out to you, and now attempting to lecture others on the basics of economics. 

Irony, thy name is Growl.

 

  •  
 

I answered your post the first time I saw it, this little minimeltdown you're having because you felt ignored is kind of cute though, keep going

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Lol. I don't put effort to people I don't  respect. You are a troll and of no consequence. Bye Felicia

don't forget to post a gif too man! That'll really show me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Growl said:

I answered your post the first time I saw it, this little minimeltdown you're having because you felt ignored is kind of cute though, keep going

lol, dude what are you smoking? No one is having any kind of meltdown, we're just calling you on your bs, speaking of which, check your own post history, you haven't made a single post to that thread since the one I responded to. You just got caught in an obvious and verifiable lie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Growl said:

If I'm drunk and can emasculate you to this capacity then I'm very, very concerned about the quality of who is preparing my food

You go boy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to a pisssing contest and a football conversation broke out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stirs said:

I went to a pisssing contest and a football conversation broke out

*blinks*

You mean you were on the interwebz? Scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone takes themselves way too seriously here.

At the end of the day, we might even be able to figure some end results out if we knew what was going into the recipe, but we don't.

We depend on morons like Kiper to feed us our opinions.  Then, we spout it off like we are Luke K just from the film room, and nobody had better question our prognostications

Give it up.  None of us know exactly where these guys are going to be ranked at the end of the day.  So very hard to say anything definitively.

 

We are all just spouting our opinions based on "what we know" which is nothing more than what someone else is telling us through cheap websites.

 

Take a deep breath and hope for the best.  All the stuff we see today will change after the combine, and then in the coming weeks leading up the the draft, and, as we hear more about our new coaches philosophy. 

So, lighten up Francis(s)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Madwolf said:

 

I think we should spend money on one of the younger NTs in FA this year. We should be able to get a stable presence there without too many years on them. That being said I really like Brown.

We don't have the capacity to do that. Right now Poe is serviceable. We will need some good drafts but we can build out much better next year when Luke and Kalil are not sapping out cap away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Snake said:

We don't have the capacity to do that. Right now Poe is serviceable. We will need some good drafts but we can build out much better next year when Luke and Kalil are not sapping out cap away. 

We dont know if he is serviceable or not.  We know he is coming off a major injury, will be 30 by the start of the season and is expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He is an incredible leader, very intelligent,  good fundamentals, and goes through his progressions.

 

I totally get his lack of arm strength and athleticism and he probably isnt a good fit if Rhule wants to run a spread.

 

I have said all along he just feels like a belicheck type player.  Really really smart.

 

 

We already have that with Grier!! No need for a project QB.. we got d and o line woes to figure out!! Not a Fromm fan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is what I know (with my brain):  If the season opens, and Cam is not the QB and we did not draft a QB, you all are going to be pissed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...