Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
MHS831

Sleepers

I am putting this on my resume and sending it to Tepper.  No trades.  Just GM supremacy.

image.thumb.png.f4dc713a6ef8f2f90a4e7ffa0e2341e3.png

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I really do not know what they are thinking at QB--do they think they can build a line and some weapons and go with a game manager? 

If they are moving on from Cam, there would seem to be two options. Try and get the guy they love this year (Tua or Herbert seem like the only options) or go for a high pick next year as there seem to be more top options at QB next year. That’s all I can think of sans hoping that Cam comes back strong and gets extended.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

If they are moving on from Cam, there would seem to be two options. Try and get the guy they love this year (Tua or Herbert seem like the only options) or go for a high pick next year as there seem to be more top options at QB next year. That’s all I can think of sans hoping that Cam comes back strong and gets extended.

I am sure that we have all of the bases covered--I also wonder about a QB in the second--one they think they can develop--but I have no earthly idea. I will say that this is the most intriguing, the most confusing, the most divisive off season to date. 

Let's talk DT---This name has been quiet on my sites---he may not be a sleeper to you, but he is to me:

Ross Blacklock DT, TCU (#90 most of this video)

He plays a 1tech and reminds you of what we should be getting from Poe.  I think he could play anywhere on the DL (3 or 5t in 3-4).  Good motor, decent hands, good pass rush while maintaining gap responsibilities--that is all I have.  I think he is a second round DT option should we go QB or OT in round 1.  I want to see his upper body strength and his agility drills at combine--He reminds me of a leaner, a bit smaller Poe in college.

Edited by MHS831

Seeing as what happened with the coaching staff, is anyone else worried that Rhule may reach on Baylor players in the draft?  Like DE James Lynch and S Grayland Arnold?

After watching AJ Dillon from BC the last couple of years I wouldn't mind a big back like him splitting time with CMC. A 240 lb RB around the goal line might've helped us punch in a few of those 1 yard plays this year. 

Only issue, especially with CMC, why even draft a backup RB anymore when so many can be found off the street. 

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

Seeing as what happened with the coaching staff, is anyone else worried that Rhule may reach on Baylor players in the draft?  Like DE James Lynch and S Grayland Arnold?

Yes its guaranteed we end up with at least 3 I'm sure

3 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Yes its guaranteed we end up with at least 3 I'm sure

I see Lynch and maybe Mimms.

4 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

After watching AJ Dillon from BC the last couple of years I wouldn't mind a big back like him splitting time with CMC. A 240 lb RB around the goal line might've helped us punch in a few of those 1 yard plays this year. 

Only issue, especially with CMC, why even draft a backup RB anymore when so many can be found off the street. 

Any RB can score at the goal line with a competent OL. We couldn’t get any push at all from our OL. CMC can score many ways except when the tackle box is a non-starter. Even a 240 pound RB gets stopped when the OL gets driven back at the 1.

22 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I am putting this on my resume and sending it to Tepper.  No trades.  Just GM supremacy.

image.thumb.png.f4dc713a6ef8f2f90a4e7ffa0e2341e3.png

Simulators are a joke right now.  Arguably the best LT and best center lasting to rounds 2 and 3 respectively.  LOL!!!

• Pie 1

Not really a sleeper, but Gross-Matos (DE, Penn St) is a beast.  Could be a second rounder--folks, I do not see us bringing back Addison or Irvin--we need a bigger, run stuffing DE that can get to the qb.  Gross-Matos is 6-5, about 270.  Very scheme flexible--PSU had him all across the DL.

23 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Not really a sleeper, but Gross-Matos (DE, Penn St) is a beast.  Could be a second rounder--folks, I do not see us bringing back Addison or Irvin--we need a bigger, run stuffing DE that can get to the qb.  Gross-Matos is 6-5, about 270.  Very scheme flexible--PSU had him all across the DL.

My favorite Big Board has him as the #3 DE and going in the mid-20's.   A pipe dream lasting to #38.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:35 AM, chknwing said:

Me-as long as he does not reach, there are 2 (Mimms/Lynch) I like.,

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

My favorite Big Board has him as the #3 DE and going in the mid-20's.   A pipe dream lasting to #38.

You know, he could, but when I see players in February, rarely do they go where they say they will.