Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Proudiddy

Chargers receiving "Unsolicited Calls" Regarding a Cam Newton Trade

4 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Thats what I was going to say. I wouldn't even entertain them unless they include pick 6 

THEY are pick 6. WE are pick 7 my dude 

Theres no way in hell you give Cam away for 2nd/3rd rounders and let the team trading for him keep their 1st. Wed be dumb as hell to do that. 

My man, why on earth would they trade the #6 pick for a 31 year old QB who hasn't been healthy for 2 straight years and coming off foot surgery?

If they want a QB that bad, they will just draft one at #6.

You people need to use common sense before you start making foolish trade proposals.

• Pie 5

6 hours ago, t96 said:

Chargers 1st this year for Cam would be a steal for us.

Do it in a heartbeat 

Likely trade ask would be Cam plus seven for six and a third.  

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

Likely trade ask would be Cam plus seven for six and a third.  

Good to know we have some sensible fans around here.

Edited by Real1zOnly
  • Pie 2

Or just stay at 7 and get a 2nd rounder

• Pie 1

whatever happens happens. I trust Teppers direction and ability to make huge decisions without emotion involved. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

whatever happens happens. I trust Teppers direction and ability to make huge decisions without emotion involved. 

You mean like most Huddlers?

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Snake said:

I would love to see us with two first round picks in the top 10. It's not like I'm trading him for a bucket of churches chicken. 

You not gonna get 2 first round picks not even 1. He has been hurt the last 2 years... who's gonna give up a 1 for a banged up former mvp who may have to much milage. Your more likely to get more bang for your buck just driving the car yourself.

16 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You mean like most Huddlers?

correct

which is why some huddlers spend 90% of their life on the huddle because they can't function properly in real life, so they pretend to be football historians to make themselves feel better. 

• The D 1

7 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Tepper and Rhule saying good things about Cam = attempting to keep his market value high for a trade.  Them saying anything to the contrary would drive his value down below what they should be able to get for him  

Cam saying great things about the panthers and his excitement = keeping his image in Charlotte in good standing when the news inevitably breaks that he’s been traded.  Honestly, Cam would be insane to play our the last year of his contract due to what he’s done for this team without any commitment to his future. He knows this but isn’t going to show his cards in public. 

Fact of the matter is he’s as good as gone but neither he nor the team wants to come off with an image issue after this plays out. It’s smart on both sides and why publicly everything looks on the up and up. 

with all this said, this is just one panther fans opinion. I hope I’m wrong and he’s a panther next year, but I’d be stunned. 

Wow, somebody actually has a brain on this forum

• Pie 1

I’m trusting what has been stated by everyone involved.

we are not trading him unless a “significant” return is in the works, the only thing I don’t know is what do they consider a significant return I’d assume a combination of picks in the first 3 rds

Super vague wording to assume it means the Chargers are receiving the calls and texts. Chargers fans are interpreting it to mean the Chargers are making these calls and texts and its evidence against the popular belief they will draft a QB early.

Edited by Moo Daeng

7 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Tepper and Rhule saying good things about Cam = attempting to keep his market value high for a trade.  Them saying anything to the contrary would drive his value down below what they should be able to get for him  

Cam saying great things about the panthers and his excitement = keeping his image in Charlotte in good standing when the news inevitably breaks that he’s been traded.  Honestly, Cam would be insane to play our the last year of his contract due to what he’s done for this team without any commitment to his future. He knows this but isn’t going to show his cards in public. 

Fact of the matter is he’s as good as gone but neither he nor the team wants to come off with an image issue after this plays out. It’s smart on both sides and why publicly everything looks on the up and up. 

with all this said, this is just one panther fans opinion. I hope I’m wrong and he’s a panther next year, but I’d be stunned. 

I normally get a sack full of poop emojis for statements like this.  Bravo

4 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Rebuild around Cam Newton that's what. You think a 3rd round draft pick is going to be better for this team's future than a healthy Cam Newton? That's a pretty funny joke go ahead and take a look at Marty Hurney's 3rd round picks the last several years because that's the type of player you'd be getting rid of Cam Newton for.

If 2-3 pieces of the Oline were replaced by next season it will be VASTLY improved over a season ago. CMC improved to an all-pro player and quite possibly the most dynamic non QB offensive player in the NFL. DJ Moore developed into a 1k receiver with very little help at Qb. Curtis Samuel will also have another offseason to improve on top of anyone else the staff will bring in to compete. this offense can most DEFINITELY be dangerous with a healthy Cam at Qb. Yes, the defense will need to be rebuilt and barring a drastic turn around will be the main reason why this team won't win many games next season no matter who is at quarterback. Cam keeps us competitive. Without him we could very easily become the worst team in the NFL for the next decade.

Lol, starting Grier = tanking for Lawrence. Grier looked like garbage compared to Allen.

Also, good luck with healthy Cam. It’s be nice, but we haven’t seem fully healthy Cam in 5 years. Even 2017 was post first shoulder surgery and he looked rough early in the season. His MVP year was the last time we had a healthy Cam. The last thing I’d want to see is us signing him to a long expensive deal. It’s so risky even if he looks healthy in 2020. Maybe it could work out great. That said, getting 6-8 wins a year paying Cam $35-40M a year gets us nowhere.

That said you are super hopeful that everything comes together great. The DL and OL combo was literally the worst in the NFL. We couldn’t stop the run at all. We couldn’t run for short yardage TDs. We gave up the second most sacks. We lost Luke. We lost Olsen even though he wasn’t stud Greg, he was still a good TE. We have a ton of FAs. We have a GM who has drafted 2 starters in two years and we’ve got holes and holes. If we lose Bradberry, Boston, McCoy and Irvin off of the #31 scoring D then how good will the D be next year if we focus on drafting OL? I get doing that but this team’s a mess outside of CMC and Moore.

We won’t tank in the literal sense. That’s not what the players will do. We want to see the young guys get better, but if Cam’s traded, this team is drafting top 3 next year and likely top 10 in 2022. I’m all for sucking for Trevor and getting a ton of compensatory picks and good picks for Cam. I can see a very quick turnaround in that case (if a solid round 2+ drafter shows up) but we will suck badly next year and start to show signs in 2021.

I’ll reiterate in this thread as well that taking a Lawrence or Fields or Newman in 2021 and trading Cam would net the pick(s) and about $140M in cap space for years 1-6 of that rookie QBs career (4 year rookie deal, 5th year and 1 Franchise). So for years 3-6, you could have Lawrence, 1 or 2 other rookies, Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack or you could have Cam. You know which way I’m leaning and I loved having Cam. It’s nothing about Cam, it’s about what else you could have if you postpone your window and give another team and immediate window. 

Edited by stbugs
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Noted earlier that whichever team had the quarterback with the highest cap hit missed the playoffs eight out of the last ten years, and the two that made it lost their first game. That could be used to say that it's a bad idea to have a highly paid quarterback.

But I think the real truth is that teams who devote an overly large segment of their cap to one player or one position drive down the overall quality of their roster and thus, don't produce good results.

It's not about the position. It's all about how you manage the cap and build a roster.

Yeah, I bet if you change that to top 5 QB that success figure changes drastically.

Edited by kungfoodude