Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GoobyPls

Tepper has talked to media in one year more than Richardson did his whole tenured

Hes 1000% better than JR.  Seems like a typical dude which is weird

im not on board with his spaceship stadium plan...I hate domes and could care less about the Super Bowl coming to Charlotte

but the facility in Rock Hill is going to be first class state of the art...I really like his idea for the Advanced Sports Injury facility, that could be really big for us

he wants to win a Super Bowl, in Charlotte...and is willing to do whatever it takes to get there...got to like that

and he got the Rolling Stones to come here

Edited by bull123
  • Pie 2

14 hours ago, Basbear said:

Early on Richard was seen and heard loads more, people just forgot and the rise of social media happen afterwards. Plus he had heart transplant and thats a huge deal. After that he greatly reduced all his media and public appearances. 

I would do what-ever I wanted if in Teppers shoes and WOULD CARE ABOUT ANYONES opinions on my actions. 

while i wouldn't be allowed to take the statue down, i don't know if there's anything in the contract about defacing it.  i would have an' upset fan day' and let folks throw egss and tomatoes and things like that at the statue and a plaque celebrating the women who survived jerry's behavior added onto it somewhere.   maybe charge $1 and egg and all proceeds go to women's shelters in charlotte 

• Poo 1

I'm giving Tepper the benefit of the doubt since he's navigating through quite a lot so early on as a first time owner. That being said, we are rapidly approaching the point in time where the benefit of the doubt becomes less and less prevalent. We need to see something, anything, in these next few seasons. He also needs to learn when it is better to simply say nothing rather than throw fuel to the flames. Especially when dealing with players at positions that are paramount to the success/failure of his franchise.

7 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I'm giving Tepper the benefit of the doubt since he's navigating through quite a lot so early on as a first time owner. That being said, we are rapidly approaching the point in time where the benefit of the doubt becomes less and less prevalent. We need to see something, anything, in these next few seasons. He also needs to learn when it is better to simply say nothing rather than throw fuel to the flames. Especially when dealing with players at positions that are paramount to the success/failure of his franchise.

he is the owner...paid over $2 billion of his own cash for the team...he is going to do whatever it takes to WIN

he can say whatever he wants

16 hours ago, Waldo said:

He said he wanted to win but hasn't done anything to back it up other than saying it will take 5 years, which is an abnormally long window for a rebuild, after saying he puts winning first. It certainly is exciting but it's also had enough red flags to be not the fun kind at times. I wouldn't care about the annoying angle if he was making more competent football moves the last two years. 

He never said it would take 5 years. He said it could take 5 years to right the ship.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, mjligon said:

I know my post is #facts when the only poo I receive is from that troll job douche nozzle @steven8989

anyone who spells Stephen as Steven cannot be trusted....same goes for Bryan spelled Brian.

Who the hell spells Brian with a Y?

18 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

He sho' seems to love that sweet, sweet attention.

Yep.  I’ve noticed that too. Traded msnbc for sports quotes 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, raz said:

while i wouldn't be allowed to take the statue down, i don't know if there's anything in the contract about defacing it.  i would have an' upset fan day' and let folks throw egss and tomatoes and things like that at the statue and a plaque celebrating the women who survived jerry's behavior added onto it somewhere.   maybe charge $1 and egg and all proceeds go to women's shelters in charlotte 

How about putting a large box around it(i came up with that long ago, during all the other statue hate period)? Besides birds poop on that thing daily. I honestly think one of the bigger driving points for Tepper in getting a new stadium, is just this- Getting away form that thing.

5a37fe0f5e0ea_RichardsonStatue.thumb.png.026d125dc9b900c9882f02f9ca45ff05.png

• The D 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

He never said it would take 5 years. He said it could take 5 years to right the ship.

Suggesting it could take longer than 5 years to get winning season. 

Personally I think he should give State of the Panthers Union address annually!! Prime time!! We need to know!!  

3 hours ago, stirs said:

Who is the Chiefs owner again?

The Hunt family who have owned them since Lamar passed (so they have been under the same family since the 60s)...we have a new owner on the younger side so it's kinda apples and ducks.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The Hunt family who have owned them since Lamar passed (so they have been under the same family since the 60s)...we have a new owner on the younger side so it's kinda apples and ducks.

Point was, that apples seem to work