Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

(ATL'ien)CamNewton

If, for sure, Cam was not against playing '20 w/o an extension

1 minute ago, Archimedes said:

Pretty simple, if he’s healthy enough to play AND you think you have a shot to compete for a title, you bring him back.  20mm is an insane value.

if the goal is to rebuild, you acquire draft picks, cut older players with bigger cap numbers.  Cam is a generational talent, but him single handedly carrying a dumpster fire to an 8-8 record is pretty counterproductive to a rebuild.  

71-59

59% completion rate

pump the brakes here

• Flames 1
  • Poo 2

Switch it around.

If you were Cam, would you and your advisors WANT to play without an extension.  He is no dummy.  Might be why all the trade talk and his "fire" talk is going around.  He knows he wants a big payday and might not get it here.

You are a huge fan, understood. Not many people could have done what Cam has done.  But, put on your GM hat instead of fan hat and think beyond one season, that is probably what Cam is doing

• Pie 2

45 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

him single handedly carrying a dumpster fire to an 8-8 record is pretty counterproductive to a rebuild.  

Exactly this. I doubt many people think Cam isn’t best choice for the 2020 Panthers. Hell even if he’s only 90%, it’s probably better than the alternative. 

But would you rather be mediocre wasting another year of his talents or build towards better things in the future? 

If you think the other pieces can be in place while Cam is still playing at a high level, keep him. But if it’s gonna take 5 years to get the other 52 men you need to contend, then trade a few meaningless wins next year for a few that may matter later. 

• Pie 1

I say if cam stays, Alien gets mod privledges.  If Cam is Gone, so is Alien.

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

No, you create the same BS threads over and over and over. I’ve been a member here for well over a decade my dude. I know how to spot the poo posters when I see them. Take care

poo GIF

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

Okay David Duchovny  

All I know is that this guy makes TheRed, AceBoogie, et al. look like they don't even know who Cam even is. OP is obsessed with the Icon and Entertainer.

cam newton GIF

• Pie 2

We are planing to make a run not this year but in a couple of years.  That means savings and stock piling draft picks.  

Besides that how the hell can anyone tell what condition Cam is in right now?

6 hours ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Stop. You are going to run this thread off the rails.

Would you keep Cam for 20 million?

If he had no problem playing out his contract?

Yes or No

You are the definition of “off the rails.”

Yet you’re still here. What’s the over/under on how long you’ll stick around I wonder? @TheMostInterestingMan

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, chknwing said:

Too steep a price to pay. You must have inside knowledge that Cam is indeed gone.

18 hours ago, WarHeel said:

You are the definition of “off the rails.”

Yet you’re still here. What’s the over/under on how long you’ll stick around I wonder? @TheMostInterestingMan

I don’t bet on the teams I support and results I really want to happen so unfortunately I couldn’t put any money on this prop. Would be too emotionally invested 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

I create the rare threads

rare...lol

There is no way Cam is offered an extension. That would be insane. Cam wrecked his foot from running. Running. Let that sink in. Who says his other foot won't blow up the next time he makes a football move? Or who says the repaired foot won't start acting up, or explode again? He's putting a lot of weight on those feet. Not to mention no one can even remember the last time he was able to throw a deep pass accurately. His shoulder could be worn out.

This is Cam's "prove you can stay healthy" season imo. He is under contract, and that is the only deal he's getting imo. To extend him would be extremely reckless. No extension.

Edited by pantherj

rare breed dinner GIF by Outback Steakhouse

"I create the rare threads."

Rare = opposite of well done

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1