Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

10 hours ago, Rags said:

I'd rather wait til next year with Jamie Newman rather than roll the dice on Love. My take is he can throw the ball far, and has some solid ball placement and can put it in a bucket, but his short to intermediate area arm talent is a big, big question mark to me. It seems like he HAS to put air under it for the ball where he wants it to be.

From Newton to Newman. I like it!  Seriously though, next year should have Fields, Lawrence, and Newman. We should be able to get one of those 3.

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

From Newton to Newman. I like it!  Seriously though, next year should have Fields, Lawrence, and Newman. We should be able to get one of those 3.

If Newman progresses at Georgia, you are right. He has a lot to learn/develop, but he is (now) a poor man's Cam.  I think he is from Graham, so a local boy to go with Grier (another local boy). 

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If Newman progresses at Georgia, you are right. He has a lot to learn/develop, but he is (now) a poor man's Cam.  I think he is from Graham, so a local boy to go with Grier (another local boy). 

Both Mond and Newman could make big strides next year and be ahead readiness wise to where a lot of these popular 2nd tier guys are this year. 

I see 4 legit options if they pan out.  BUT...

Last year at this point, people were high on Love and Herbert (After Tua) thinking it would be a loaded class but then the season happened, Burrow emerged, and expectations tempered dramatically.     

20 hours ago, stbugs said:

White Mormon?

Sorry, made too quick of a Google search. Completely my fault. Apologies all around.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 hours ago, stbugs said:

White Mormon?

Sorry, made too quick of a Google search. Completely my fault. Apologies all around

44 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Sorry, made too quick of a Google search. Completely my fault. Apologies all around.

No worries, always funny when someone makes a mistake like that. Best part is one of the video links had a picture of him posing without his helmet on! I remember that my iPhone used to auto-correct RBs to Arabs and it was quite a bit different connotation when you changed that in a post about FF.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, saX man said:

You realize he's a black kid from Bakersville CA?

Sorry, made too quick of a Google search. Completely my fault. Apologies all around

Sounds like Jameis. Great attributes and poor decision making. Pass. 

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

Sounds like Jameis. Great attributes and poor decision making. Pass. 

EZ to fix IMO, just gotta draft him and make him get LASIK.

1 hour ago, stan786 said:

EZ to fix IMO, just gotta draft him and make him get LASIK.

Fixing the eyes fixes the brain? 

23 hours ago, saX man said:

Both Mond and Newman could make big strides next year and be ahead readiness wise to where a lot of these popular 2nd tier guys are this year. 

I see 4 legit options if they pan out.  BUT...

Last year at this point, people were high on Love and Herbert (After Tua) thinking it would be a loaded class but then the season happened, Burrow emerged, and expectations tempered dramatically.     

Mond could be next year's darkhorse.  Not as much as Burrow was this season, but I could see him compete for the #3 spot.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Mond could be next year's darkhorse.  Not as much as Burrow was this season, but I could see him compete for the #3 spot.

Both Mond and Newman are set up for some great success in their respective programs so I can see both looking quite awesome this next season. 

FOr Mond--A&M is getting everybody back as well and Jimbo is in his 3rd season.  Now he had some iffy games in 2019 against the elite teams but now is his time to progress as a passer.  He's a jekyl and hyde QB but all it takes is getting past the hump and he's in the type of program that will make or brake. 

On 2/16/2020 at 6:04 AM, jfra78 said:

I like him, but not in the first round and not at 7 as Cowherd suggested

First, he won't be there in the second round, I'd take him if we traded down a few spots.

But in Cam is traded we should take him at #7 unless Judy is available, but I'd rather trade up for Herbert.

Since 2020 is going to be a waste it would be good to use the season to train Cam's replacement so they'll be ready to go hard in 2021.