Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Scot

Off Topic: Everybody panic!

Recommended Posts

Time to clear the store shelves!

9c9dd7b4-8394-45cd-9fe3-116617157d1a_360

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drive slow let, off the accelerator earlier than normal, don’t slam the breaks and put the car in neutral if you’re feeling overwhelmed. 

  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Drive slow let, off the accelerator earlier than normal, don’t slam the breaks and put the car in neutral if you’re feeling overwhelmed. 

Also, it's more crucial than ever to obey all the traffic laws. Running stop lights because you don't want to stop is foolish and dangerous. Put your car in a lower gear if you don't feel any grip on the road. Never let go of the steering wheel.

GO SLOW. Leave lots of room between you and the car in front of you.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres the deal- NC has a terrible rep about when it snows. Many yankees make fun of NC about this too. The thing is NC weather is nearly impossible to forecast and instead of snow, we get ICE. That in turn makes it impossible to drive on and causes much more damage. Greensboro could have 100% snow, Raleigh ICE/Snow mix, and Greenville could have 100% rain. 1 degree matters in the sense you either snow or ice. No one can drive on ice, snow is a cake walk......until it melts and forms ice...

No excuse for the crazies that must buy ALL of the milk, bread, and eggs. I never got why making french toast for 24 hours solved all the "snow" panic. 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when you get hit by a hurricane and a lot of areas flood but then immediately after with almost no sign of it you have a hailstorm with hail the size of tennis balls out of nowhere and it destroys all cars within a 50 mile radius so you get your new car to drive around then it doesnt snow a singular inch all throughout november to january and instead of snow you get constant rain and severe thunderstorms which break records in your area for the amount of rainfall accumlated in the winter and then you wake up late in feburary and see there's a winter storm warning and that we're gonna accumulate 4 or so inches of snow and that it's supposed to snow for 6 hours

 

carolina weather ™️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Also, it's more crucial than ever to obey all the traffic laws. Running stop lights because you don't want to stop is foolish and dangerous. Put your car in a lower gear if you don't feel any grip on the road. Never let go of the steering wheel.

GO SLOW. Leave lots of room between you and the car in front of you.

You guys do realize we are in Charlotte don’t you?

worst and most inconsiderate drivers on earth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The local news is embarrassing.  They film the salt trucks getting loaded and moving out--sometimes they interview the guy who manages the salt trucks. 

Then they show the empty bread racks.

Then they show traffic.

Then you have some weatherman frothing at the mouth because people are actually paying attention to him.  They try to tease the viewers--withholding actual news until the end, seemingly unaware that their is something called the internet.

milk bread GIF

We deserve the abuse.  Come on local news--get some creativity. 

  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to give the Weather guys credit...they called this event pretty much just the way it happened 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s so annoying. I normally go grocery shopping on Wednesday or Thursday. Never really planned but always happens. Today I went into Walmart neighborhood market. It made me hate people. I seen some of the most inconsiderate, rude and just out right selfish people. Blocking aisles. Buying things in bulk because you know we will be snowed for a month right? I hope the sun comes out and melt everything tomorrow. Bah humbug!

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

It’s so annoying. I normally go grocery shopping on Wednesday or Thursday. Never really planned but always happens. Today I went into Walmart neighborhood market. It made me hate people. I seen some of the most inconsiderate, rude and just out right selfish people. Blocking aisles. Buying things in bulk because you know we will be snowed for a month right? I hope the sun comes out and melt everything tomorrow. Bah humbug!

This is sad but actually reality.lol

 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just glad the weather guys go out and stand in the pouring rain and snow, otherwise, I wouldn't believe it was raining/snowing.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Basbear said:

Heres the deal- NC has a terrible rep about when it snows. Many yankees make fun of NC about this too. The thing is NC weather is nearly impossible to forecast and instead of snow, we get ICE. That in turn makes it impossible to drive on and causes much more damage. Greensboro could have 100% snow, Raleigh ICE/Snow mix, and Greenville could have 100% rain. 1 degree matters in the sense you either snow or ice. No one can drive on ice, snow is a cake walk......until it melts and forms ice...

No excuse for the crazies that must buy ALL of the milk, bread, and eggs. I never got why making french toast for 24 hours solved all the "snow" panic. 

I have literally driven on solid sheets of ice before. During that big ice storm in the Atlanta area, I never stopped driving to work in that area. It is not impossible, you just can't be a goddamn idiot. It is no different than walking on ice, take it slow and be careful. And stay away from hills.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...