Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
t96

FA Thread

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Rams have signaled they're willing to trade both Todd Gurley and Brandin Cooks.

Cooks to me is one of those guys that people think could help someone win a Super Bowl, but he never does.

(I put Jimmy Graham in that same category)

Todd Gurley is an interesting comparison to Cam.  Teams will certainly be leery of possible lasting injury concerns and no one will take on that salary knowing that.

I could see Gurley released as well.

Cooks is a solid player but not a big difference maker.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Gurley just got released.

Dang

Man, damn. How dumb do the Texans have to feel now. Everyone was already joking them about that Hopkins for David Johnson trade. Turns out they could've had Todd Gurley for free just a couple of days later. LOL!

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Man, damn. How dumb do the Texans have to feel now. Everyone was already joking them about that Hopkins for David Johnson trade. Turns out they could've had Todd Gurley for free just a couple of days later. LOL!

Gurley is probably done in the NFL.   He's in the same boat with Newton.

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Gurley is probably done in the NFL.   He's in the same boat with Newton.

Gurley rushed for 857 yards last season. He's still a decent RB, he was just way overpaid. That arthritic knee is almost certainly going to cut his career short, but he still has some tread on those tires right now.

• Beer 1

A lot of Gurley's best moments last year came when McVay kept him out of the game until the second half.

At this point, he's basically what Jerome Bettis was in his final years. It just took him a lot less time to get to that point.

• Poo 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Gurley rushed for 857 yards last season. He's still a decent RB, he was just way overpaid. That arthritic knee is almost certainly going to cut his career short, but he still has some tread on those tires right now.

Not at the price he wants.  He would have to basically take a 1 year prove it deal.   There's no way I would give him anything more than a 1 year rental contract if I were shopping for a RB.  But I'm sure there's a few other Marty Hurneys out there.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

I could see Gurley released as well.

I guess the Rams could as well.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Not at the price he wants.  He would have to basically take a 1 year prove it deal.   There's no way I would give him anything more than a 1 year rental contract if I were shopping for a RB.  But I'm sure there's a few other Marty Hurneys out there.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't expect him to get a long-term big money deal, but there's work out there for Todd Gurley if he wants it. Hell, he'd be nice to have to take some carries off of CMC for that matter.

It just makes the Texans look even dumber. Trade an elite WR for a 29 year old RB three years removed from being elite and now it turns out you could've had Todd Gurley with no trade compensation and likely for a lot less than the $10M you're gonna pay David Johnson this season. 

• Beer 1

Posted (edited)

Charles Johnson tweeting that Gurley wants to join us.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Charles Johnson tweeting that Gurley wants to join us.

For a really low contract, why not? McC 1A, Gurley 1B, keep them both really fresh and rely on the run game to open things up for Teddy and keep him upright.

I completely agree on Matthews. However, he is a OLB in a 3-4 Defense, could he make the adjustment here? I’d take him for Vet minimum.