Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Daddy_Uncle

I'm Not Sure What's So Hard to Understand

Posted (edited)

So true the league year just opened today!  Crazy...just need give it some time to take shape.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

How could anyone trust the process we are seeing? You want us to watch a bunch of head scratching, ill advised moves and just assume they know what they are doing? And they, being an owner who doesn't seem to grasp the process, a GM who is a proven failure over time and a coaching staff with as much combined NFL experience as the Huddle?

Sounds like a plot for a sports comedy show.  I think I've seen that show before.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

How could anyone trust the process we are seeing? You want us to watch a bunch of head scratching, ill advised moves and just assume they know what they are doing? And they, being an owner who doesn't seem to grasp the process, a GM who is a proven failure over time and a coaching staff with as much combined NFL experience as the Huddle?

All the Company Men care about is whether their white shirts are clean and their bow-ties aren't crooked, bro.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I knew this was going to be a bumpy ride. I just didn't expect them to disrespect Cam they way they have. The writing was on the wall but to not even hold a press conference, or make a video like they did with Luke and Rivera? That's just down right wrong. Yeah it's a business but I believe Cam earned the respect of this organization and the city. It's not much to ask. Also why by Coy? You weren't going to keep him why the fug would you make fluff pieces and flat out say you're moving forward with him. Man up and just say you ain't and move on. Just like you did with Rivera. That's my biggest problem with the team right now. 

Five year processes don't exist in the NFL. You have damn near 100% roster turnover every five years in the NFL. Just look at our current roster vs. our 2015 SB roster.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I knew this was going to be a bumpy ride. I just didn't expect them to disrespect Cam they way they have. The writing was on the wall but to not even hold a press conference, or make a video like they did with Luke and Rivera? That's just down right wrong. Yeah it's a business but I believe Cam earned the respect of this organization and the city. It's not much to ask. Also why by Coy? You weren't going to keep him why the fug would you make fluff pieces and flat out say you're moving forward with him. Man up and just say you ain't and move on. Just like you did with Rivera. That's my biggest problem with the team right now. 

Hell, they did that for Ron and he stood up on a podium and basically said it wasn't his fault. Even threw out sarcastic commentary about analytics. 

I guess Tepper really just doesn't like Cam.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Five year processes don't exist in the NFL. You have damn near 100% roster turnover every five years in the NFL. Just look at our current roster vs. our 2015 SB roster.

Yeah, that's five years of fuging floundering around. This idea of a five year process is pure BS. Good teams are always retooling, every fuging offseason. Bad teams do what we are doing. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that's five years of fuging floundering around. This idea of a five year process is pure BS. Good teams are always retooling, every fuging offseason. Bad teams do what we are doing. 

If you haven't noticed this has been a bad team for a few seasons now.   It's been circling the bowl for two seasons and it's finally flushed.  It's time they became a good team.  Will they become one?  Time will tell.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

If you haven't noticed this has been a bad team for a few seasons now.   It's been circling the bowl for two seasons and it's finally flushed.  It's time they became a good team.  Will they become one?  Time will tell.

It's been a bad team, a mediocre team, a good team and a great team over the past few seasons. Basically the full spread. But, yes, we have definitely been trending downward. I am just not buying the process getting rid of all the talent and then replacing it with bench and practice squad players. 

I understand the thought process that some of the "trust in the process" have. I really do. But that poo works in the NBA, it doesn't often work in the NFL. 

They also said a bunch of bs about wanting to keep cam, so hard to put trust in guys who can’t even tell the truth to fans.

I’ve seen this song and dance before with hurney’s first tenure, and Dave gettleman’s. All the moves point towards ineptitude. Teddy Bridgewater Signing is just the icing on the cake of this mishandled offseason so far. 

all the markings of a owner who wants things done his way, which I can’t blame him but the end result better be Lombardi’s or fans will look back on this team being sold to him as the the day this franchise took a nose dive that it couldn’t recover from 

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

It's been a bad team, a mediocre team, a good team and a great team over the past few seasons. Basically the full spread. But, yes, we have definitely been trending downward. I am just not buying the process getting rid of all the talent and then replacing it with bench and practice squad players. 

I understand the thought process that some of the "trust in the process" have. I really do. But that poo works in the NBA, it doesn't often work in the NFL. 

It hasn't in the past that I can recall but it seems that's the approach at the moment.

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Tepper said this would be a 5 year process. We haven't even began year 1 and people are completely freaking out and whining. We didn't win crap with what we had, and with a new coaching staff and system things were obviously going to change drastically. Why everyone is acting so surprised by that blows my mind. I'm no fan of Marty Hurney, but he has to be here through the draft (even though he isn't a great drafter) He and his staff have worked the past year scouting players. Bringing in an assistant this year will give us an easier transition when we permanent ban Hurney from making anymore decisions for us in the future. I'm not mad about the Bridgewater signing. He is a decent QB and good locker room guy, and someone perfect for holding down the position until a drafted QB is ready to lead us into a new era. I wish everyone on here would exercise some patience and try to "trust the process" a little even if its confusing and weird right now. This is not the time to panic over our direction 

Well said!! I agree totally and definitely not mad either with the Bridgewater signing!! Just hope he stays healthy!! We knew this season was going to be ugly!!! New coaching staff.. molding it to what they think will fit their scheme!! Whatever that is and they will be learning too!!

It’s like Tepper is rubbing Marty’s nose in all his bad deals and making him process them out before he gets canned. The team will have a ton of cap space and be a total blank slate for Rhule and co going forward.  No idea if it’s going to work but I feel like anyone who says we don’t have a plan is listening to twitter more than actually paying attention to what they are doing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2