Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
beastson

Why Haven't The Panthers Cut Cam Yet?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Cam has to be happy he can’t be traded and will just be released. He can do what he wants including taking the season off and waiting for an injury to someone’s starting QB,.. or someone not to come back as scheduled like Ben in Pittsburgh— could happen.

Wouldn't want to wait too long, though.

As mentioned elsewhere, there are more options out there than there are available jobs.

  

6 minutes ago, dcpanther89 said:

They have until June 1st, why rush it. If the draft doesn’t go the way another team likes or they cant get the QB prospect they want they could still trade for Cam.

See above.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Because of the Corona virus. No one can take physicals right now. Get with the times dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big money knew what he wanted to do. He leaked his plans to the media so every team in the NFL knew what he wanted to do. He then has everyone play coy like they want Cam and he has value, during a philanthropic face/media time event he showed doubt about Cams recovery and status, and then tells Cam to look for a trade after he himself tanked any value Cam had.

Big dummy should have implemented his plan by firing Ron asap and releasing Cam last season or the previous season since he already leaked that he was trading Cam soon after he arrived. He's big money, take the hit, move on. Instead he looks like a bipolar, clumsy, indecisive, wanna be GM.

  • Milkshake 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Big money knew what he wanted to do. He leaked his plans to the media so every team in the NFL knew what he wanted to do. He then has everyone play coy like they want Cam and he has value, during a philanthropic face/media time event he showed doubt about Cams recovery and status, and then tells Cam to look for a trade after he himself tanked any value Cam had.

Big dummy should have implemented his plan by firing Ron asap and releasing Cam last season or the previous season since he already leaked that he was trading Cam soon after he arrived. He's big money, take the hit, move on. Instead he looks like a bipolar, clumsy, indecisive, wanna be GM.

AKA Jerry Jones 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cutting Cam is in the best interest of Cam. 
Keeping Cam and waiting is in the best interest of the Team.
Who get's to make the decision?

Cam is not going anywhere to start this season. No one (including the Panthers) is putting all their eggs in that basket given the outcomes of the past two seasons. If a team wanted him as a starter he would have already been dealt. He's going somewhere to compete at best.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What we/the team needed was Cam to come back in December and show he was healthy. Then we don't have these things happening.

Someone (NFL media observer, I forget who) mapped out this whole scenario, what is happening now with the inability to pass a physical preventing the Panthers from recouping anything for him, last year during the season. How if he and his camp decided to play hardball they could handcuff the team and get released.

I think that is what has been happening. I am not a fan of Tepper so far, but don't see why Cam is blameless in this. I think he manipulated things by scheduling the surgery and probably with hanging out all those weeks only to go on IR.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam will be released at 5pm on a Friday afternoon.  Whether it's today or a future week, that's when it will come, so it gets lost in the news cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falconidae said:

Because, if Cam can pass a physical, the team can cut him without losing any money. If they cut him injuried, they'll have to pay him something.

This would make more sense about way the Panthers are presently holding back on giving Cam an outright release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rogue Panther said:

OP,

Why would we cut Cam now when there is still a chance a team could trade for him?

You hold him to the last day possible. 

Its not exactly an unusual thing to see organizations cut loose loyal soldiers (that the organization has made it clear they are moving on from) who have served them well so that they can have as much time as they can to find separate employment.

Not that I expect such a thing could happen from this Tepper-diseased organization.  Just saying that other, less-diseased organizations have done so in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stratocatter said:

What we/the team needed was Cam to come back in December and show he was healthy. Then we don't have these things happening.

Someone (NFL media observer, I forget who) mapped out this whole scenario, what is happening now with the inability to pass a physical preventing the Panthers from recouping anything for him, last year during the season. How if he and his camp decided to play hardball they could handcuff the team and get released.

I think that is what has been happening. I am not a fan of Tepper so far, but don't see why Cam is blameless in this. I think he manipulated things by scheduling the surgery and probably with hanging out all those weeks only to go on IR.

 

 

One thing I have to credit a bunch of you for is your absolute ruthless creativity in myth-making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

One thing I have to credit a bunch of you for is your absolute ruthless creativity in myth-making.

  There should be a Disney logo on the Panthers ass outside the stadium. Or JRs ass. Has Tepper finished his yet? 

   

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mister said:

Hope he goes to the redskins  and they get funchess too 

That's what I've been thinking. Either go to the Foreskins or the Patriots & win a SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mister said:

Hope he goes to the redskins  and they get funchess too 

Funchess is a Colt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...