Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
TheSpecialJuan

Panthers trade QB Kyle Allen !!

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

Cam WILL be traded, and it'll probably be to NE before all is said and done.

There is a reason he and others post videos of him working out and throwing.

Once he can get an official physical, we've got at least an extra third rounder in the bag.

Teams know we are ultimately going to cut him, sure. But there are some teams that would rather pay him what is considered a bargain for a former MVP on a one year deal than compete for him on an open market.

NE signed Hoyer.  No chance Cam gets traded there or any where.

Compared to 5th rounders, if you need a QB, Allen is a good value. He was looking good early on, then got David Carr'd. Funny seeing the excuses for Cam was always "trash OL and NO weapons", none of that was used for Allen. To me its one of those win/win deals, both teams got what they wanted and fair value. 

Herniay now needs to flip a kicker for a late rounder. Pats need one now too....maybe a package deal, prove me wrong herniay and make two good trades within one calendar season you turd.

Allen had most of an NFL year of playing experience. Starting experience. Sure the circumstances were horrible, but experience is absolutely the best teacher. He will be better going forward than he was the past year. Kind of don't like seeing him gone because he is a very good backup to have.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

I don't know about that. He threw it to the other team about as often as he did his own receivers.

So ends the Kyle Allen era.

He was a good backup...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

The Redskins did not want a QB that would challenge Haskins. 

Rivera might have been okay with it. Snyder probably wasn't.

But then again, Snyder has given Rivera almost full power so who knows?

Cam didn't exactly do Ron many favors last year. Cam not playing the last two were a huge factor in Ron being fired. I believe Ron loves Cam and all that but maybe he is leery of depending on him for his next job.

Just now, stratocatter said:

Cam didn't exactly do Ron many favors last year. Cam not playing the last two were a huge factor in Ron being fired. I believe Ron loves Cam and all that but maybe he is leery of depending on him for his next job.

Or maybe Ron knows he's already squeezed every ounce of pain and blood out of the man and Cam no longer has the ability to save Rivera's sorry ass anymore.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Cary Kollins said:

I mean, turning a UDFA who proved he is not close to being a starting QB 

November 2019

Kyle Allen 23/36 256 yards 3 TDs 0 ints

Vs NO saints brought the team back from 14-0 down and 31-18 down.

= not close to being a starting NFL QB.

OK.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Or maybe Ron knows he's already squeezed every ounce of pain and blood out of the man and Cam no longer has the ability to save Rivera's sorry ass anymore.

See this illustrates a fundamental difference in reading the situation over all these years.

I believe Cam was treated with kid gloves by the team. His coach was a huge enabler that allowed Cam to dictate that he was playing, hurt or not, many times (which did not help the team or the player). I think Rivera loved him, felt he owed him, all that since it was Rivera's first HC job and they came in together. Cam was his pride and joy. Couldn't say no.

As opposed to the attitude that feels Rivera cruelly used up a transcendent athlete and it is all on him. Just how it looked to me.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

....I'm getting a little optimistic about Cam's trade value now...getting a third for him is feasible. 

He just has one year on the contract, right? And his salary cap hit is much higher than Allen's. The value in Allen is that he has stepped in when needed and comes real cheap.

3 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

See this illustrates a fundamental difference in reading the situation over all these years.

I believe Cam was treated with kid gloves by the team. His coach was a huge enabler that allowed Cam to dictate that he was playing, hurt or not, many times (which did not help the team or the player). I think Rivera loved him, felt he owed him, all that since it was Rivera's first HC job and they came in together. Cam was his pride and joy. Couldn't say no.

tumblr_lmsjxtrdF61qiz3j8o1_500.gif

You don't even deserve a Heston for that utter clap-trap, dude.  You only get a Nicholson.

17 minutes ago, Catsmiaow said:

November 2019

Kyle Allen 23/36 256 yards 3 TDs 0 ints

Vs NO saints brought the team back from 14-0 down and 31-18 down.

= not close to being a starting NFL QB.

OK.

Did we or did we not finish the season on an 8 game losing streak?

Maybe you should follow him to Washington if you like losing so much.

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

hurney is not the reason we cant get anything for Cam

Really?

Teams WERE interested, it was known around the circles at seniorbowl week etc

We jumped the gun letting it all out and known that he wouldn't be here next year reguardless

Now magic, teams arent interested in him anymore.  And word is teams like the Patriots will just wait for him to be Cut.

Now Hurney didnt air out the public message on the internet.  But he should let the organization know to keep hush until something happens.  Or any chance of trading him gets flushed down the toilet like it did