Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
mc52beast

We’re making doctors masks, if you want one let me know

Not trying to step on any toes, but if anyone needs fabric (double layer) masks in quantities of 20 or more, PM me.

While I love you and your wife's idea and hustle. I believe for the current pandemic homemade masks like this won't help much if at all. You see when people sneeze they project all that sneeze at such a fast rate that it will still go through the mask. I believe only N95 masks will stop the sneeze from going out and any foreign sneezes from coming in. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

While I love you and your wife's idea and hustle. I believe for the current pandemic homemade masks like this won't help much if at all. You see when people sneeze they project all that sneeze at such a fast rate that it will still go through the mask. I believe only N95 masks will stop the sneeze from going out and any foreign sneezes from coming in. 

Im pretty sure its the cough with this.  Sneezing isnt really a symptom

I sent an email but haven't heard back. I'm sure you are swamped.

• Pie 1

Sent a email as well! I ordered one, great idea by your wife though! Looking forward to getting one!

On 4/2/2020 at 7:59 PM, *FreeFua* said:

I wouldn’t expect anything with a Panthers logo on it to stop anything if I were you

Thank man I needed a laugh this morning

• Beer 1

sneezing isn't a symptom, but the virus can be spread by when we we sneeze, cough, laugh, talk or breathe. Look it up there are many websites that confirm this. I got my info from the CDC website. 

Are these masked sanctioned by NFL. Paying 12 times the rate for a surgical mask that is a lot if they are knock-offs.  

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Im pretty sure its the cough with this.  Sneezing isnt really a symptom

It involves coughs too. When you cough, and have the virus, you still project it outward. Also you can sneeze in spite of it not being a symptom. You'd still be spreading it and making it semi airborne. 

14 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

The mask she makes is one step below the N95 which is the best. The CDC stated that they seal up to 80%. The only people who are supposed to be using the N95 are medical staff and anyone working around the infected. 

And the sneeze really isn’t the issue it’s the cough.

Thanks for your input.

Keep Pounding

• Beer 2

Toronto Maple Leafs fans provide entertainment in Canucks 4-1 ...

Got any full faced ones like this w Panther material?  Thinking we could use em this fall also.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 4/4/2020 at 5:06 AM, Ivan The Awesome said:

Something's better than nothing, but these fabric masks are more about not giving the virus to other people. They have about a 50% effectiveness assuming their made of cotton. 

On 4/4/2020 at 8:24 AM, SmallAxe said:

sneezing isn't a symptom, but the virus can be spread by when we we sneeze, cough, laugh, talk or breathe. Look it up there are many websites that confirm this. I got my info from the CDC website. 

Are these masked sanctioned by NFL. Paying 12 times the rate for a surgical mask that is a lot if they are knock-offs.  

No need to be sanctioned by the NFL. They're homemade masks!

I just question whether or not the logos are too big in that specific material to effectively show up, you know what I mean? Otherwise, it's a great idea!