Carolina Huddle
rodeo

2020 General Election Candidates thread

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stirs said:

In 2016 Hillary represented everything that was wrong with our corrupt/dysfunctional government and she was deeply disliked by many.  Trump was the "outsider", the empty vessel that disgruntled/disenchanted voters could pour all their hopes and dreams into.

In 2020, Trump is no longer an outsider and millions of voters are pissed off at him for their problems.  Don is deeply disliked as well.  Weirdly, for many, Biden is now that empty vessel that voters can pour their hopes and dreams into.  Also, for reasons I can't fathom, Joe Biden is viewed as more likable/honest than Hillary despite his obvious flaws.

Both candidates would do well to stick to the talking points their handlers give them and otherwise say as little as possible between now and November.  I don't know if Joe can do that, but I'm sure Donald can't.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

queen nancy is popping a gasket in interviews this am...she is not getting her pork and she is pissed that the President basically hosed the dems yet again in favor of the American people

if the dems had ANY kind of leadership......

You are such a dumb rube.

3 hours ago, bull123 said:

queen nancy is popping a gasket in interviews this am...she is not getting her pork and she is pissed that the President basically hosed the dems yet again in favor of the American people

if the dems had ANY kind of leadership......

Like I said, if Trump were a leader this election would already be over.

17 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

You are such a dumb rube.

Fox & OAN said it was "pork" so he's programmed to believe it.

this is peak liberalism. purely performative gesture that does nothing to address a crisis that could have been solved the last time democrats had control of congress and the white house but for obvious reasons wasn’t. it’s perfect. also didn’t realize she insists on being called doctor. just great stuff.

• Pie 2

Any business that isn't stupid as fug is still going to withhold payroll taxes.  The President can direct the IRS to not collect taxes for a year or something like that.  It's a deferral not a cancellation and that money will still be due.

Oh, unless you vote Trump because he's promised to possibly make it permanent!  As if that's possible for him to do himself because only Congress can make changes to the tax code.  And as if "I'm going to end Medicare and Social Security" is a popular message.

It's a political master stroke though.  Your average American doesn't know any of this and the Democrats would look like complete poo if they sued.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 332nd said:

Like I said, if Trump were a leader this election would already be over.

Or if he wasn't fighting a two-front scorched earth campaign against the ACA and Medicare during a pandemic

Damn it all, if only somebody had been running for President who has made healthcare one of the central issues of his entire career.  One can dream.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

fuged up that americans get to choose between the guy who is sneakily trying to cut social security and the guy who is on record repeatedly calling for cuts to social security. oh well i guess social security has to die in the name of “harm reduction”

• Flames 1

Figured you guys would be sideways over the President telling the Dems to stick it

12 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

fuged up that americans get to choose between the guy who is sneakily trying to cut social security and the guy who is on record repeatedly calling for cuts to social security. oh well i guess social security has to die in the name of “harm reduction”

Yeah, aren't we lucky corporate media did their best to gloss over the long and awful history of both these candidates?  Meanwhile, the same media pundits relentlessly attacked the one candidate who favored protecting and enhancing our nation's social programs.

That is the power of the media in our society, to create a false narrative and convince the American people to vote against their own best interests (Again, again and again).

Meanwhile in Belarus ...

Another landslide win for their president (since 1994). Nasty riots all through the city of Minsk over the rigged election. The wife went to vote here at the NY embassy but wasn't let in (along with 300 others). Now she's outside protesting in the street with others in support of her home.

Trump might be a retarded oaf, Biden might be an old pervert, but they have nothing on Alexander Lukashenko.

He is the main guy behind Belarus' "super low" coronavirus numbers.