end the war on drugs / legalize marijuana

extend public school 4 more years via free public college

reparations for slavery

livable minimum wage

end voter suppression

affordable housing and rent control

end PATRIOT act and mass surveillance

https://www.ontheissues.org/Howie_Hawkins.htm

My state is going red anyways. I’ll probably go this guy in November, and go blue down ballot.

Im cool with all this, but reparations is important to me, and at this point, anyone who is atleast talking about putting together a committee and I feel is genuine, will get my vote

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

My state is going red anyways. I’ll probably go this guy in November, and go blue down ballot.

Im cool with all this, but reparations is important to me, and at this point, anyone who is atleast talking about putting together a committee and I feel is genuine, will get my vote

If you can pick three, which are the most important? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Dude, Fug your warped reality. 

At this point every sitting member of Congress should be dragged out and denied re-election. Everyone. From AOC to Kamala to bernie to the turtle. And everyone in between. They didn’t do their job. Doesn’t matter if they were on the right side or the wrong side. Fug them all. Their job is public servant. They didn’t get the job done. If it keeps going like this you are looking at an uprising if not civil war II. So what do you prefer?

You do realize Kampala and Bernie aren’t members of Congress don’t you? 

I mean probably not cause you can barely read 

EDIT: i misunderstood and assumed he was talking about The House failing its duty to pass any economic relief and adjourning until after labor day. This is my fault. This point is still pretty fuging bad to compare every member of congress the same because it is intellectually dishonest to say they are all the same.

Edited by TheBlue

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

If you can pick three, which are the most important? 

For me personally?

The most important thing is improving black wealth, and decreasing the wealth gap. 

1. Reparations 

2. Affordable housing/rent

3. End the war on drugs/m4a

4. Ending systemic racism is also key, but that will never truly be eradicated, imo, when dealing with humans.

I have always maintained that the others on that list I support, but it must come after we are straight and given what is owed. I am not interested in elevating anyone else until we have a fair shot at truly benefiting from the other stuff. 

Im willing to move slowly towards those goals, but my bar is atleast setting up a committee for reparations at this time. Joe has said he would, but I don’t believe he’ll do that. My beliefs are confirmed by the pick of Kamala, who said she’s not doing anything specifically for native black Americans 

Edited by AggieLean

Posted (edited)

I’m done taking a backseat, and I’m done with the compromising after seeing my people continue to fall into irrelevance.

Again, Kamala has made it clear where her loyalties lie. She’s made it clear that she will look after those, like her, who have immigrant ties. Nothing wrong with looking after your own, but I’m going to do the same and vote for someone that will look after mine.

C20D6875-85D4-4E99-A9FD-04C11CAB9124.jpeg

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

You do realize Kampala and Bernie aren’t members of Congress don’t you? 

I mean probably not cause you can barely read 

Congress is made up of the House and Senate

Posted (edited)

Seems like this election will be Republican vs. Republican.  Both support large corporations and Wall Street.  One in bed with Russia and the other with China.

Edited by Ja Rhule

53 minutes ago, stirs said:

Congress is made up of the House and Senate

edited for clarity

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Im willing to move slowly towards those goals, but my bar is atleast setting up a committee for reparations at this time. Joe has said he would, but I don’t believe he’ll do that. My beliefs are confirmed by the pick of Kamala, who said she’s not doing anything specifically for native black Americans 

Biden ran with the first AA POTUS.  Running with the first AA VP.  Most importantly a Biden Admin brings a diverse group to the table and in power.  Hundreds and hundreds of people.  That look like America.  His Admin vs Trump’s is really more important than the POTUS/VP positions. 

I mean if there was a group to start looking at things you want? This would likely be the most realistically one to date that would....and he has said he would.  All it takes is a little pressure to keep him to it.  That would seem like slowly moving toward what you want vs no chance in hell if Trump gets 4 more 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Biden ran with the first AA POTUS.  Running with the first AA VP.  Most importantly a Biden Admin brings a diverse group to the table and in power.  Hundreds and hundreds of people.  That look like America.  His Admin vs Trump’s is really more important than the POTUS/VP positions. 

I mean if there was a group to start looking at things you want? This would likely be the most realistically one to date that would....and he has said he would.  All it takes is a little pressure to keep him to it.  That would seem like slowly moving toward what you want vs no chance in hell if Trump gets 4 more 

lol he did all that, huh?

As for your 2nd paragraph, how do you figure when Kamala has already said she’s not doing anything for us specifically?

Whats going to happen is we will be put to the back burner all in favor of “fixing what Trump has done”. We will be told to wait, and they are the ticket for all people, not just AA. That reparations committee won’t come to fruition, and in 2024, we will be told once again that this is the most important election of our lives, and we’ll worry about that other stuff once we get another Dem back in office. 

Meanwhile, the wealth gap continues to decrease. People like you will continue to say reparations won’t happen or that it isn’t feasible. You know I’m not lying. I’d be more open to compromising, but people like you have shown me that I shouldn’t trust you. 

Edited by AggieLean

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

lol he did all that, huh?

As for your 2nd paragraph, how do you figure when Kamala has already said she’s not doing anything for us specifically?

Because again, she is just one person.  People put way too much stock in person and ignore the rest.  Mike Pence dictating everything right now? Hell, Trump isn’t either.  Just what he wants.  POTUS is important.  But who he installs all over the map is just as big. The rest going on? Lot of what isn’t even covered? All set in motion by Trump’s cast of nearly exclusively white people. 

Biden wins and all of government changes from Trump cast. 

Nothing crazy about thinking that can get looked at when most Dems have said they are open to it....and the government will then be full of diverse people. 

Posted (edited)

@CRA you will most likely go back to voting repub after all this is over.

You don’t care about righting America’s sin. We are props to restore order. Biden wins, and everything goes back to normal.

Trump is horrible, and I agree he has to go, but to get my vote, you need to earn it. I feel stuck between a rock and hard place with this election. I might vote Biden, though. My woman is a big time democrat, and is very persuasive. I’ll be at the polls in November

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Because again, she is just one person.  People put way too much stock in person and ignore the rest.  Mike Pence dictating everything right now? Hell, Trump isn’t either.  Just what he wants.  The rest going on? Lot of what isn’t even covered? All set in motion by his cast of nearly exclusively white people. 

Biden wins and all of government changes from Trump cast. 

Nothing crazy about thinking that can get looked at when most Dems have said they are open to it....and the government will then be full of diverse people. 

Diversity is all good, but it does us no good if those diverse people aren’t on the same page. Again, those “diverse” people come from countries that practice supremacy. 

5 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Meanwhile, the wealth gap continues to decrease. People like you will continue to say reparations won’t happen or that it isn’t feasible. You know I’m not lying. I’d be more open to compromising, but people like you have shown me that I shouldn’t trust you. 

I’ve already said I endorse it merely from a symbolic aspect.   

I just disagree on what it does and doesn’t do in the big picture. 

But I can’t fault you for not trusting random white folk.  Hell, I’m white and I don’t trust white people lol. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’ve already said I endorse it merely from a symbolic aspect.   

I just disagree on what it does and doesn’t do in the big picture. 

But I can’t fault you for not trusting random white folk.  Hell, I’m white and I don’t trust white people lol. 

I’m not trying to jump on you, but I’m looking at the big picture and long term as well. I CANNOT continue to play this game. I also cannot continue to be a pawn in furthering the agenda of others. Also, you endorsing it symbolically is a problem. Symbolism does us no good. We’ve seen a lot of symbolic stuff since George Floyd (RIP). You need to be all in if you expect us to be all in when it comes to situations like Trump.

Now, with all this being said; it’s on me and others that think like me to make sure in smaller elections and local that we get the right people in there. That has been a problem. Also, we need “allies” to step up and do the right thing. Don’t just use us every 4 years then forget about us and live your lives; especially once things get back to normal.

Edited by AggieLean