Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
MMA

Awkward interview with Simmons

50 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

That's what scared me the most with Simmons, you have to move him around, that's his unique ability. Guy has so much talent but he needs a smart defensive coordinator to get the most out of him.

Move him around all you want, if he doesn't like contact he is going to get washed out on every play he doesn't have a wide open tackle opportunity.

• Pie 2

I don't doubt the validity of this. Whether or not it's true, we will never truly know. Still doesn't mean that the Panthers didn't view them as their top-2 picks at 7, but maybe this information was the deciding factor. 

Rhule and Snow demand physically tough players that have good character and leadership skills. Not to say Simmons doesn't, but Brown checks all of those boxes without a doubt.

• Pie 1

Referring to some people who made a big deal about Brown's 'L' drill (3-cone), Brady Quinn said : "Get out of here with that mess."  Love it!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)

And if brown was gone, Simmons would be the pick. This story would have never been heard either.

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

That's what scared me the most with Simmons, you have to move him around, that's his unique ability. Guy has so much talent but he needs a smart defensive coordinator to get the most out of him.

Shaq didn’t have a natural position at Washington. The man played safety, LB and even RB. Difference is, Shaq likes contacts. He took him a while but I think this year Shaq will really thrive if he is moved to MLB.

I'm glad we didn't take Simmons. He won't be a bust, but he won't end up being worth a top-10 pick either, IMO.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

Brown can get stronger.  He isn't even that rocked up yet.  Scary to think about.

japan godzilla GIF

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Let's not kid ourselves, we would have wasted Simmons potential and he would have signed w/ the Pats and been an All Pro

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'm glad we didn't take Simmons. He won't be a bust, but he won't end up being worth a top-10 pick either, IMO.

Agreed. Incredibly few non- pass rusher LBs are. 

Not sure how Simmons is afraid of contact. He had like 5 FF the past two years, 8 sacks this past season, over 100 tackles and nearly 20 TFL. How do you do that if you're scared of being physical? It isn't like he's a corner who actively avoids runners like CJ Henderson.

4 hours ago, The Lobo said:

We are probably one of those teams that ask questions like: “Your mother and an evil dictator are drowning, but you can’t save your mom and you might be a homosexual, what do you do?” 

Im just saying how dumb some of those questions can get in these interviews bc one year, a team asked a guy if he was gay. So stupid. 

Shoot toby twice 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Shoot toby twice 

Curve the bullet like in my favorite James Mcavoy movie Wanted. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

So after the “afraid of contact” comment I figured I’d go watch again...

Watch how he goes in for hits on the running backs. Appears timid coming downhill.

I think there’s so truth to that statement 

Edited by *FreeFua*