Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
LinvilleGorge

TRADE UP: Round 2, Pick 64 Carolina Panthers select S Jeremy Chinn

5 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Don’t ruin the thread.

Echoing this statement. Don't fan the flames or humor people trying to derail the thread. Just ignore and move on.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I agree.. The only draft where Hurney maybe went on his own was 2010 Fox lame duck season.   

Other then that every year you can see FoX type of players from 2001 to 2009 .. Rivera type of players 2011 -2012  17, 18 and Now Ruhle type of players.. He is a yes man...

He is a scout.

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Can we be real... Hurney has literally drafted to the likes of the coach and the wants of the owner..

You might even say that is his job. 

• Pie 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Well it happens more and more that you need versatile guys that can slide from Safety to Linebacker to Nickel when they have to.

this is a guy that can do that. I don’t see converting him,.. I see him sliding back and forth as needed.

Probably had a lot to do with the decision to take Brown over Simmons-we figured, we can get a DB/LB later in Chinn.

I wonder if we were going to take him in the second, but were shocked to see the DE with a late first round grade there.  We had met with Greenard (DE--3/4 round), which may suggest that we were looking DE in the third--not expecting YGM to be sitting there.  So we gave up the Kyle Allen pick--one that we did not expect to have--to move back into the second to grab Chinn.  Outstanding.

I am so pumped about this draft.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 3

Just now, MHS831 said:

Probably had a lot to do with the decision to take Brown over Simmons-we figured, we can get a DB/LB later in Chinn.

I think we had Simmons or Xavier McKinney or Chinn in as those versatile players.  Brown was not taken yet and line came first.

in the 2nd we don’t know if they would have taken YGM if Xavier was there and maybe had another DE option to take if we did.

i think it was always going to be DT, DE, and a hybrid DB/Linebacker

8 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

If he made the pick drunk he needs to knock back a few more tomorrow...to keep up the momentum

So far so good

Probably his best draft. Give him a life term contract 

Love this pick, but can't believe Brady didn't push to get his O-Line general in Cush. 

2 minutes ago, MMA said:

Probably his best draft. Give him a life term contract 

i dare you pulp fiction GIF

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Zorbac said:

Love this pick, but can't believe Brady didn't push to get his O-Line general in Cush. 

Brady will have them trading for Andrews

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfpredator said:

You guys are absolutely ridiculous.  Anything you can to continue to throw Reid under the bus because he kneeled for a stupid fuggin song.  Now you are calling people out for pooing your poo post....just stop dude.  

My original post was fairly innocuous, not controversial in the least because it was 100% correct and didn’t speak at all to agreeing or disagreeing with Reid. It could have easily been taken as the innocuous post that it was.

So nah, they need to stand behind their convictions and say Chinn is as controversial as Reid. Take a stand girls.

Well you can't teach speed and this kid has it. Looks like we are rebuilding defense through the draft. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

My original post was fairly innocuous, not controversial in the least because it was 100% correct and didn’t speak at all to agreeing or disagreeing with Reid. It could have easily been taken as the innocuous post that it was.

So nah, they need to stand behind their convictions and say Chinn is as controversial as Reid. Take a stand girls.

L O L.  Whatever you say bud.  If only I could say how I really felt without getting banned of this forum but I am going to keep it to myself.  I already spend far too much time arguing with you fools on other social media platforms and I sure as poo am not going to do it here.  Keep crying about your post being poo'ed though and I will keep laughing.

30 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

BACK on topic.

Did not read the entire thread, and since the dumbass trolls our out in numbers, I won't. this is the first mentioning I have seen as Chinn as a CB---not sure if this is speculation or the plan?

"

Post-Draft Analysis

Listed as a safety, Chinn actually has the length and athleticism of a big corner. That's a need for Carolina, but if he settles at safety who can cover the slot, you'll take it. The 6-3, 221-pound Chinn went 4.45 with a 41-inch vert in Indy to match tape that shows a versatile defender who could line up in a few spots for Matt Rhule. -- Chris Sprow

Think about it:  Burris can play both CB and S...Now this guy can play S, LB, CB.  Gonna be fun to watch.

Also we have depth that has played multiple positions

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/natrell-jamerson?id=32194a41-4d04-2973-6499-345354345440

I hope we go after Reggie Robinson II in the 4th round for CB.  A CB who has played S as well. He is 6'1 and has speed.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Can we be real... Hurney has literally drafted to the likes of the coach and the wants of the owner..

Yea thats what gms do

• Pie 3