Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LinvilleGorge

TRADE UP: Round 2, Pick 64 Carolina Panthers select S Jeremy Chinn

On 5/2/2020 at 9:12 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

So simmons is bigger faster, had better stats and played in a much better conference.  Got it

Not saying Chinn is better than Simmons, but playing with a talented team like Clemson can help stats. There probably weren’t too many other players to worry about when teams played against Chin. Probably threw a blocker at him or threw the ball away from him. Simmons should be the better prospect but it’s easier to get stats on a team full of 5 star recruits with a relatively easy schedule (ACC).

Here's an nice film breakdown for Chinn.  If this dude takes to coaching well, he's going to be a beast!

16 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Here's an nice film breakdown for Chinn.  If this dude takes to coaching well, he's going to be a beast!

Really could have started a new topic

On 5/2/2020 at 8:12 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

So simmons is bigger faster, had better stats and played in a much better conference.  Got it

Hence why one was available at 64. Hes a middle class mans version, but not some bum.

Chinn was overlooked due to going to SIU.  Had he been in a power 5 conference, he'd been a 1st  rounder.  Not that I'm complaining.

I'm super excited about Chinn.  Most excited I've been for a defensive secondary guy since we drafted Gamble. 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I wish we drafted both Simmons and chinn

definitely man, just imagine how many tackles they would rack up with runners going unscathed through the defensive line.

Brown + Chinn is better than Simmons + whatever DT we get at Chinn's spot (which the next DT taken was Madubuike).  

Hey I wanted Simmons too at the time. But this really is better. 

If you are asking me, I’m down with J.C.!

Also there was no better DT at stopping the run than Brown. Our biggest weakness last year was stopping the run. Brown and JC was the way to go.

Im getting tired of hearing about simmons on here already. When it comes to the position,  I will trust the judgement of the guy who scouted and drafted one of the greatest LINEBACKERS ever in history  8 years ago (a guy who a lot people didnt even want at the time). And who also drafted jon Beason and Thomas davis at that. I wanted Simmons too but if hurney thought he wasn't convincing enough as a LB to take over brown who also fills a need then i trust his judgment on the pick.

Kris Jenkins was drafted the year before Hurney became GM. His failure to replace Jenkins was a big issue for me his first time around. I can't think of a DT that he has drafted that was worth a damn but he never spent a 1st. Maybe this time around will go a little better in the DT department.

But I get why we did not take Simmons and am fine with Chinn although who knows right now...

I hope Chinn works great out and I liked the pick. Hopefully, he doesn’t end up like Obi Melifonwu. Obi, believe it or not, had a better combine than Chinn, but the athleticism didn’t translate for him and he was a 2nd round S as well.

dat neck doe.

I hope this guy can stay healthy.