Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

So we have 3 new starters, yes?

Speaking of starters....

Who is replacing Luke at LB?

Oh, and all the answers to your offensive questions are already on the roster.

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Speaking of starters....

Who is replacing Luke at LB?

Oh, and all the answers to your offensive questions are already on the roster.

My guess is Shaq.

On 4/25/2020 at 6:45 AM, jfra78 said:

Is Chinn a Safety or LB.  He may not start over Burris.  

Maybe not day 1. But I assume that you don't trade back into the 2nd round if you don't expect the guy to start sooner rather than later. Maybe that will be at LB, or even nickel a first. I know nothing about Burris, but have seen in a couple of places that he was a solid, under the radar signing for us. It will be a fun battle to watch in preseason. If we have a preseason.

On 4/25/2020 at 6:50 AM, SOJA said:

Just don't play our top picks at fuging gunner and I'm happy

That would be a bigass gunner coming down the field!

On 4/25/2020 at 5:37 PM, BurnHurnBurn said:

That big pile of man from Baylor could also end up seeing more time than other rooks by necessity.

Not a starter, but will immediately spell Brown to keep him fresh for the 4th quarter.

Depending on formations, it could be 4-5. Starters dont matter much, its the snap count. They have a real safety group for the first time....well since I dont know. Just lots of options for big nickle now, that could be the new "base". Roy should get plenty of reps too, hes the current #3 DT. He fits 3-4 nose better and that benefits all the 3-4 guys leftover form last year. Old man Snow now has to figure how to maximize all these young players.... good luck 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Verge said:

Who beats out Pride Jr.? I think Robertson probably ends up starting too. 

If Robertson played another year of college, what round would he have gone?

6 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

If Robertson played another year of college, what round would he have gone?

As high as the early 2nd. 

burris might end up starting at corner, so he's not in the safety discussion anymore in my opinion. i think our plans for where to play him were contingent on our draft and since we ended up with one of the best safety prospects coming out it's safe to say that chinn will start at strong safety across from tre boston, who played 100% of our defensive snaps last season. gross-matos had a first round grade and was perhaps as high as the early 20's for us specifically. we were trying to move up to grab him in the late first, so he was probably considered to be sliding by our standards by the time we hit the 30's. if they regarded him that highly, he starts too. people saying that he should be rotational aren't giving his run defense enough credit. he'll be a starter. brown is a slam dunk starter. at corner, i think our starters are donte jackson and burris, with donte getting the faster assignment and burris playing bradberry's guys. that's the scariest sentence of the season for the panthers and why it's imperative we can produce a pass rush. troy pride will probably be on the field a lot, but not in a starting capacity.

one thing we have to remember about rhule is that as a college coach, he's not unfamiliar with the concept of relying upon talent to make the decisions and to worry less about experience. that will be good for this crop of draft picks, because he's laying eyes on everyone for the first time and that will give them an opportunity to pop out. 

YGM for sure needs to be in for all 3 downs. His strength is against the run coming out and he needs to continue to develop his pass rushing skills. Will help being next to Brown & KK with Burns opposite. Brown likewise.

I am so glad Rivera isn't longer here to keep the young blood on the bench while you see old savy vets get beaten again and again cause they just no longer have the speed or athleticism to keep up.

Fwiw...  I just read that Chinn is the nephew of the legendary and HOF S Steve Atwater.

16 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

Not a starter, but will immediately spell Brown to keep him fresh for the 4th quarter.

Thats what I was saying.  He'll see more PT than others out of necessity.

• Pie 1

Some of the vets will hold off the new kids for a time. I would guess Chinn and YGM push hard by mid year. Pride might start full time before them because of lack of competition.

1 day 1 starter, 2 soon and 1 please develop fast because they will be needed and their competition is Elder, Jackson and whatever other warm body is currently on the roster.

This year the training is on and I can't wait to see what the new coaches can do.