Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Scot

Day 3 Draft Discussion

2 minutes ago, Dex said:

This has been an INSANELY good draft. Kenny is a stud and would have been a 1st round pick last year.

1st round? Lol

• Poo 1

Quite a few "Hey, I don't see this guy on Kipers board, we suck" comments

1 minute ago, acymetric said:

I think there was a rule that the XFL free agents either had to be a certain age or had to have graduated high school some number of years ago, but he didn't qualify so he goes into the draft.

Thanks for the clarification. Very interesting situation. Guess this could be a decent pick after all

Lurker - first post - just a thought, so take it for what it is.

If they really are shopping Samuel, couldn't the target be a better or more accomplished OL than the ones available this late in this draft? 

Continue stockpiling defensive difference-makers and get the lineman the other way. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, stirs said:

Stop the run, stop the pass.

Sort of a theme for our D this draft.  Not bad knowing who we face in the NFC South

It is almost as if we do not know who is going to play what position--Boston FS--got it.  Burris?  CB? S?  Chinn S/Buffalo nickel., This guy--CB?  Wow.  Shaq?  MLB, OLB?  Burns--OLB? DE?  Brown-NT? 3T? 

I think I see what Rhule is talking about.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Remember this guy..

Yep, and considering the collection of LBs we have, some ill-fitting for a 4-3 scheme, we could use another.  Not a huge need, but hey, we are taking 6th round now.

3 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Do a little research on him and you won’t post dumb poo like this.

2 yr player at WVU where he was a very good safety.  Got caught cheating academically.  Chose to go to the xfl to take care of his mom rather than transfer.  FYI...both Oklahoma and Alabama wanted Him as a transfer.

Couldn’t  sign as a FA out of the xfl because he hasn’t been out of HS long enough.

My bad. So sorry I had 0 clue about a guy who was in the XFL. I’m sure many of the posters in here just looked him up. I guess I was still annoyed at our AAF haul last year instead of looking at UDFAs.

I’d have to assume Rhule and co were very familiar with him from WVU.

6 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Wow. I love him already 

No kidding....I like the dude

7 minutes ago, Rogue Panther said:

He only played 2 years in college. He couldn't have got drafted last yr and didn't want to deal with transferring and the academic scandal. He was 1st team all conference as a sophmore. Dude can play and is a steal. 

Got it now. I was initially pissed because we grabbed all those AAF guys last year instead of even trying to sign the top UDFAs. Thought this was the same. I’m fine although the whole he would have been a first talk is crazy. If he would have been a first rounder last year, he wouldn’t be a fifth rounder this year. Maybe he dropped a bit but the top safeties didn’t even come off the board this year until day 2. Saying a safety would be a first rounder is as bad a take as my dislike of him due to the AAF crap we did last year.

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yep, and considering the collection of LBs we have, some ill-fitting for a 4-3 scheme, we could use another.  Not a huge need, but hey, we are taking 6th round now.

Don’t forget that we signed Tahir Whitehead at LB.  guy has been a tackling machine the past 3 years.

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Welcome to Charlotte young man....you are taking responsibility for yourself and you have a chance to be a part of something special 

if you ball out the way you say, I’ll guarantee you David Tepper will take care of you and your family...

• Pie 2

The more I read about Robinson, the better I like.

5 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Don’t forget that we signed Tahir Whitehead at LB.  guy has been a tackling machine the past 3 years.

One-year deal.