Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

Round 4 Pick 113, Carolina Panthers select CB Troy Pride Jr

4 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Good thing he is a CB and not a WR I guess

True. Even though  ball skills are kind of important for a cb too

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Former Notre Dame cornerback Troy Pride Jr. is going to give Panthers corner Donte Jackson and wide receiver Curtis Samuel a run for their money as the fasted player on the team. His fastest 40 time on record is 4.28 seconds. He says he would have posted a time of 4.3 seconds instead of the 4.4 he had at the combine nine out of 10 times. “I'm a competitive beats,'' Pride said. “My will to win is higher than a lot of individuals.''

Haha so sick of this. How much players claim they can run a 4.2 but end up running a 4.4? So going by that logic, I guess Ruggs, CJ2k, John Ross can all run sub 4.1’s on their good days.. lol 

Clowns. 

Edited by Yaboychris28

Michael Pittman Jr had 4 catches 29 yards against Pride with 3 of those catches coming on screen behind the LOS. 

It was Pittman’s least productive game all year

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

Kiper's only knock on him was that there were times he could've made a huge play or turnover and it just didn't happen.

Sounds like he has all the tools and is in the right place at the right time.

Same knock that we had about the guy he's replacing. 

I'm just looking forward to getting a Panther Jersey with "PRIDE" on the back

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, bigdavis said:

He is certainly fast (track star), and confident in his speed, but these are too many weaknesses to think he could start.  Will need a lot of smart coaching.

He doesn't have much competition with Cole Luke, Dominique Hatfield, Natrell Jamerson, and Corn Elder. Unless we plan on moving Juston Burris to CB, I don't see how he doesn't beat those guys out.

18 hours ago, GOAT said:

Ran a 4.4 at the combine. True ball hawk. Only knock is that "he could've had more interceptions, but didn't make the play. Always in the right spot". 

Great pick but let's not get crazy with it. He's not a ball hawk because he hasn't been coached to get his head around and locate the ball in any of his tape. He is very twitchy and never gets burnt with great athletic traits but he's gonna need a little time or a DB coach that can finally get our CB's to turn their heads and track the ball.

8 minutes ago, Rogue Panther said:

How is it a top flight college program he hasn't been coached, trained, or taught to turn his head around and track the ball in 3 years? Why would one even need to be told that? It's common sense. When the WR looks you look. 

College teams have put a premium on recruiting, not x's and o's. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rogue Panther said:

x's and o's is what separates comparable talent. 

all coaches attempt to teach and coach and develop players as thats half of their job. 

Its not half their job anymore. Far more time and resources spent on recruiting. They certainly try to improve the players, but the top teams head coaches are not known as great in game coaches and thats not my opinion. Pretty well understood. Saban, Orgeron? Those guys are not great in game coaches. Silly to suggest otherwise. 

Edited by Panthero

I wanted Robinson II instead but welcome to the fam Pride Jr!

Reading his weaknesses and other comments about his confidence, this kid seems a bit confused--scared of making a mistake.  I think he is thinking more than being instinctive. 

He is not ideal to be a day 1 starter, he could use some time---but if they limit what they ask him to do scheme wise, he might be fine--  asking any 4th rounder to go up against Julio Jones is asking a lot--

Just my hunches based on what I have seen "slow down " other players

• Pie 1