Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
pantherdad

Season opener

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's also the massive Aaron Rodgers wildcard out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he forces his way out of GB after this season.

True, but I doubt he goes to a bottom dwelling team.  He'll likely go to a contender or at least a team trending upwards.  I can't see the Jags.  I could see him wanting to go within the division, but the Packers wouldn't allow it, so the Bears aren't candidates either.

I could see him going to the Pats, Broncos or Colts.

if its the chiefs in primetime donte is probably gonna cry and pout for a few weeks after its over

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I could see him going to the Pats, Broncos or Colts.

Agreed. The Broncos are going to give Drew Lock a full test drive this season, but if that doesn't look like it'll pan out I could definitely see Elway trying to ride with an aging HOF QB again. 

3 hours ago, pantherdad said:

I have this gut feeling we are going to open up the season against the Chiefs on Thursday night on NBC

Hope not.  I was hoping we’d fly under the radar for at least 8 games.  Beating the SB champs at their place in prime time will ruin that.

• Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Hope not.  I was hoping we’d fly under the radar for at least 8 games.  Beating the SB champs at their place in prime time will ruin that.

D93481BB-F915-47D9-ACD1-C4518432B37C.gif.e0a1c1b27bb96b6ce39a73374792ad4c.gif

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

You would think the NFL would want to match up the Chiefs with a better opponent than us. 

Casuals love high flying, high scoring games. The Chiefs hanging 60+ points on us would be good for business and it's probably not out of the question.

Posted (edited)

If true, and I’ve seen the rumor too, then it’s a 50 to nothing home opener gift to the Chiefs

i can’t see the Nfl doing that, they want  a marquee matchup  up for the season opener and nothing about the Panthers is marque...Panthers have also bombed on prime time multiple times in the past couple of years 

I do know, if it goes on, the ND vs Wake Forest game is scheduled for Saturday the 26th. So it would stand to reason first game away. Next game home. Third game away (due to ND)

Maybe Tepper’s money gets that Home  opener for the chiefs...who knows 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

lol this wouldn't surprise me a little bit

The NFL has proven over and over that they do not care about this franchise and sending us into this buzzsaw as a nice little tune up game for profit margins patty to throw 6 touchdowns on to attract the normies would be right in their modus operandi

This is the kind of deconstruction that ends reputations and careers

Might as well get it out of the way early. 

I am 99% sure it's going to be the Texans vs the Chiefs. I would fuging laugh my ass off if it's the Panthers though.

• Pie 1

John Clayton said all inter conference matchups the first 4 weeks of the season because if the season is delayed and they need to cancel some games these would make it most fair.   If true, then it’s either us or Atlanta in KC week 1

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, pantherdad said:

I have this gut feeling we are going to open up the season against the Chiefs on Thursday night on NBC

nope...nfl doesnt want a blowout for first game