Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Icege

Panthers alumni answer questions about Cam Newton

This is the list of players who commented in the article:

Mike Tolbert, Roman Harper, Jordan Gross, Mushin Muhammad, Colin Cole, Frank Garcia, Wesley Walls.

How many made 1st Team All-Pro the same number of times as Cam?

And who made it more times?

3 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

Tolbert is trolling here. Cam controlled the time line of his surgeries. It’s disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

..and, you know this how?  I’ll take Tolbert’s view. He was in the locker room. He was in the games. He knows the coaches, trainers and Newton.

what do you have to contradict it?

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Garcia, Walls & Cole.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

..and, you know this how?  I’ll take Tolbert’s view. He was in the locker room. He was in the games. He knows the coaches, trainers and Newton.

He hasn't been in the locker room for a few years. Definately not while Cam's injuries were going on.

• Beer 2

Tolbert's comments are interesting. Up until that, I think it was believed that Cam was the one delaying surgeries. If it was the team, then that's pretty messed up.

Either way, I don't fault anyone for delaying surgery. People make it out to be no big deal, but there is a significant chance that you don't heal properly from any surgery, and Doctors often prefer you exhaust all rehabilitation options before going under the knife. 

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, RASTAN66 said:

Garcia, Walls & Cole.

None of which were in the locker room as the previous poster said

• Flames 2

41 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

None of which were in the locker room as the previous poster said

Nor was Tolbert.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, RASTAN66 said:

Nor was Tolbert.

He was in the locker room in 2016, when cams shoulder injury occurred. If my math is correct the last 2-3 years he was on the roster, in which he commented on it being mismanaged. 

2 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

He was in the locker room in 2016, when cams shoulder injury occurred. If my math is correct the last 2-3 years he was on the roster, in which he commented on it being mismanaged. 

And he was gone way before TC 2017. The Panthers went 11-5, Tolbert is full of crop. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Tolbert's comments are interesting. Up until that, I think it was believed that Cam was the one delaying surgeries. If it was the team, then that's pretty messed up.

Either way, I don't fault anyone for delaying surgery. People make it out to be no big deal, but there is a significant chance that you don't heal properly from any surgery, and Doctors often prefer you exhaust all rehabilitation options before going under the knife. 

Cam doesn't have to "beg" anyone to have surgery. If a medical professional tells him its necessary, there isn't crap anyone can do about it, the NFLPA would have a field day with that. 

Can people please get past this? Cam is announced for trade, and Ron Rivera sends a 5th rounder for Kyle allen... does that not tell you EVERYTHING you need to know? If cam was anywhere near where he needs to be, Ron would've jumped.

• Pie 2

i can't believe they didn't get deangelo's take.  person already knew what each one would say. that's why he picked them.

Eh, the issue is much more complex than simply the coaches didn't act fast enough. They can't force a player into having surgery. 

24 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Eh, the issue is much more complex than simply the coaches didn't act fast enough. They can't force a player into having surgery. 

Also can’t overlook the fact Cam admitted he hid the injury from the team in “The truth about why I’m sidelined” video

13 hours ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

i thought newton was always against surgery, and any delays were a result of him exhausting every option before going under the knife?

and since when does an athlete, or anyone for that matter, have to beg for surgery? don't they have the final say so as to what happens when they get injured?

Camfan, and not an expert.  But I recall the Panthers wanting him to come back to team after IR and Cam flying off to MN get a (3rd?) opinion.    Made sense on Cam's part, not wanting to come back to a dumpster fire and souring his total take on a new contract.  But I think from that moment Tepper wrote him off.