Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Gazi

NASCAR has announced that the displaying of the Confederate flag will be prohibited from all their events and properties.

6 hours ago, rico6 said:

This.. is actually pretty fuging incredible, not going to lie. Never been into Motorsports, but how can I not give it a try now. 

@TheRumGone I never knew that. Good poo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/06/drive-by-truckers-black-lives-matter-alabama-southern-rock

this is a great band that a lot of southern whites I know love. The lead singer’s dad was apart of the muscle shoals rhythm section that played on a lot of Aretha Franklin, Bobby Womack, Etta James and Wilson Pickett recordings. 

They’ve been rocking with BLM org since day one. Their 2016 album talked a lot about Trayvon and the Ferguson riots. 

sorry for hijacking nascar thread dbt is a personal favorite band of mine.

ADF572BA-A713-49C9-B33D-5377A76EDF48.jpeg

• Pie 3

NASCAR is a cool sport...been trying to tell you all that

everybody likes cars...and the cars on the tracks now are like rocket ships

give it a try, it’s not the way it was yrs ago...and yes, many old timers don’t like that

• Pie 1

So... crowd sizes at future NASCAR races will be about the same size they are now.... all over a fugging flag representing the losing side of a civil war.

• Poo 1

13 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Never thought I'd see the day a white NASCAR driver literally named "Bubba" would rock an American Flag surgical mask and a BLM t-shirt. (Although, if I'm being honest, the reasons I wouldn't have imagined that particular set of circumstances are legion. But still...)

I know nothing about NASCAR, but I now have a favorite driver.

Also, fug Kyle Busch. (So, I guess I know one thing about NASCAR)

• Pie 4

42 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Never thought I'd see the day a white NASCAR driver literally named "Bubba" would rock an American Flag surgical mask and a BLM t-shirt. (Although, if I'm being honest, the reasons I wouldn't have imagined that particular set of circumstances are legion. But still...)

Psst... He’s actually black. 

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

?

B99024CD-7E5F-45C8-9C12-AE8320D999A2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

that figures...Kyle is my fav

how do you pick a racer to root for? is it by like location like other sports? or do you just randomly pick based on personality/skill?

2 minutes ago, rodeo said:

how do you pick a racer to root for? is it by like location like other sports? or do you just randomly pick based on personality/skill?

personality/skill/driving style/in contention....also team he drives for

kyle drives for Joe Gibbs

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

As others have pointed out, Bubba Wallace is black.

• Pie 1

NGL I kept up with NASCAR for a few years back in the day. I was an Earnhardt fan. Before he died, I had already kinda lost interest. When he died, it was pretty much the end of it for me. I tried to like Jr. and people like Harvick that came after him driving the #3, but I was just out of it.

I haven't given two craps about it for a long time, and I don't know a lot of the modern drivers or anything. But I might jump on this Bubba Wallace train for a bit.

I hope he wins in the BLM car, for sure.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Bronn said:

NGL I kept up with NASCAR for a few years back in the day. I was an Earnhardt fan. Before he died, I had already kinda lost interest. When he died, it was pretty much the end of it for me. I tried to like Jr. and people like Harvick that came after him driving the #3, but I was just out of it.

I haven't given two craps about it for a long time, and I don't know a lot of the modern drivers or anything. But I might jump on this Bubba Wallace train for a bit.

I hope he wins in the BLM car, for sure.

i was a huge #3 car fan...no doubt, when he died everything changed

but the sport is now very modern, you about need an engineering degree to be a crew chief, technology is thru the roof

its an exciting sport

Bye bye, Ray! You can work on your English and grammar during your spare time.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF SPORTS!!!

BUT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO WAVE MY CONFEDERATE FLAG

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

"Never thought I'd see the day a Black NASCAR driver literally named "Bubba" would rock an American Flag surgical mask and a BLM t-shirt."

I have to say, my amended statement is somehow even more improbable!

But Bubba's my guy! Will be rooting him the next time they have a fasty-go-round in one of the big circle houses.

Edited by Captroop
  • Pie 3