Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Gazi

NASCAR has announced that the displaying of the Confederate flag will be prohibited from all their events and properties.

15 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

If Bubba had not had that garage, and a white driver had, and someone pointed it out would it even make the news? No. So that answers your question. It's just a noose. Use in multiple ways throughout history. Just unfortunate Bubba ended up in that garage why because of his race, it is a story. Or was.

So you believe a white driver that had made a (sadly) controversial political statement found what seemed to be a noose in his garage it wouldn't make the news? Based on what?

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Watching now. Bubba Wallace is upset at the stupid racist trolls claiming this was a hoax. I stand with you Bubba.

so brave

• Poo 1

11 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

If Bubba had not had that garage, and a white driver had, and someone pointed it out would it even make the news? No. So that answers your question. It's just a noose. Use in multiple ways throughout history. Just unfortunate Bubba ended up in that garage why because of his race, it is a story. Or was.

Did you really just say "It's just a noose?" :eyeroll:

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, 332nd said:

(I'm sorry, I wasn't being clear & I'm about to be pedantic...)

That's a running bowline. A 

A noose, by definition, has to slip. A (standard) bowline has a fixed eye. 

The trap I'm falling into is I'm equating a noose with a fixed hangman's knot. When I say I've seen these all over the country, I'm referring to a knot, with a fixed eye, that most people would call a noose. 

If that's what's on the door, then it's fugged up.

If it's a fixed bowline, we can chalk that up to ignorance of whomever discovered it, plus the hyper-vigilance I mentioned. 

A running bowline could go to ignorance on whomever installed it.

A fixed hangman's knot is a dick move.

The photos that’s going around right now is apparently legit and it looks like a hangman’s or two half. Maybe a bowline if they wrapped the excess. It doesn’t look like a noose in the social sense though as it’s just big enough to fit a hand through. But it sure has hell looks like a hangman’s. 

Edited by Harbingers

12 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

The photos that’s going around right now is apparently legit and it looks like a hangman’s or two half. Maybe a bowline if they wrapped the excess. It doesn’t look like a noose in the social sense though as it’s just big enough to fit a hand through. But it sure has hell looks like a hangman’s. 

Ok, I'll see if I can find it.

12 minutes ago, 332nd said:

So you believe a white driver that had made a (sadly) controversial political statement found what seemed to be a noose in his garage it wouldn't make the news? Based on what?

You think a white driver who had found the noose would have reported it, put BLM logos on his car, called for the end of the racist flag, etc? My point is a noose is NOT solely about black people. Cookie asked if it was still ok that it was a noose. The answer is yes. It's just a noose. Had it been found in any other driver's garage it would be a non story.

13 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Did you really just say "It's just a noose?" :eyeroll:

You do know nooses have appeared all over history right?

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

so brave

He said incognito.

LOL!

I worked in manufacturing for 8 years.  Those knots are used for all kinds of purposes and they can look more bull or noose depending on who tied it and in how much of a hurry it was done.  It was not intentionally done to send a message IMO.

Still good on how literally everyone but the usual dickheads on how it was handled.

3 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Watching now. Bubba Wallace is upset at the stupid racist trolls claiming this was a hoax. I stand with you Bubba.

I don't think any rational person considers it a hoax...

...but it was definitely a massive over-reaction, an epic rush to judgement, and a laughable indictment of NASCAR and the 98% of their fans who are respectful of all.

Some fool with an agenda chose ignore that a worn piece of rope had been in place for a year and was just looking to make trouble...kinda backfired.

I just want to know what they're putting in the water to make everyone all emotional.  Is this just a reaction to people thinking society is collapsing due to the covid?  It's actually depressing how much this country wants to put everyone in a corner.

• Beer 1

That’s the big thing he’s spot on there even if it wasn’t tied to be perceived as one it still looked like one.

“Talking to Lemon, Wallace said the image he saw of "what was hanging in my garage is not a garage pull." 

"It was a noose," Wallace said. "Whether tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. So, it wasn't directed at me but somebody tied a noose. That's what I'm saying.""

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

That’s the big thing he’s spot on there even if it wasn’t tied to be perceived as one it still looked like one.

“Talking to Lemon, Wallace said the image he saw of "what was hanging in my garage is not a garage pull." 

"It was a noose," Wallace said. "Whether tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. So, it wasn't directed at me but somebody tied a noose. That's what I'm saying.""

Saw he never actually saw it.  Interesting to dig in on that.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Saw he never actually saw it.  Interesting to dig in on that.

He never saw it originally When the story was pushed. Which I think furthers his outrage as he didn’t have firsthand knowledge. You can’t believe however he hasn’t seen it in the interim. 

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He never saw it originally When the story was pushed. Which I think furthers his outrage as he didn’t have firsthand knowledge. You can’t believe however he hasn’t seen it in the interim. 

Maybe I am wrong but I believe he said last night he didnt see it and hasnt see it.  I will rewatch that lemon interview