Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
CRA

Cam is a NE Patriot

On 6/28/2020 at 8:03 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Someone needs a hug 

Ya u!

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Basbear said:

Bill will use Cam to figure out why mobile QB give his D so much problems, then two weeks later cut him. Wouldnt shock me if that happens. Cam learning a total new O thats very difficult for all, during a shorten camp, with convid stuff too... all it would take is a minor injury and Cam falls further behind, Bill would just cut him and roll with the other two exp NE QBs.

Also Cam was signed to cover up the lost 3rd the NFL gave to NE, again too smart for everyone bill working the media like its his.

Plus everyone here seems to forget- late in the season the Pats D was giving up around 10 points every game. If Cams is the guy he doesnt need to bring his cape. 

No Cam was going to be signed anyways they waited til the fine came to gloss over the mention of it. They had talked when he got 1st released. Cam was never worried about a team Pats played this perfectly.

13 hours ago, Basbear said:

Bill will use Cam to figure out why mobile QB give his D so much problems, then two weeks later cut him. Wouldnt shock me if that happens. Cam learning a total new O thats very difficult for all, during a shorten camp, with convid stuff too... all it would take is a minor injury and Cam falls further behind, Bill would just cut him and roll with the other two exp NE QBs.

Also Cam was signed to cover up the lost 3rd the NFL gave to NE, again too smart for everyone bill working the media like its his.

Plus everyone here seems to forget- late in the season the Pats D was giving up around 10 points every game. If Cams is the guy he doesnt need to bring his cape. 

You mean like he did during his lockout impacted rookie year? 

I'm fairly certain a proven MVP NFL veteran can pick up an offense quicker than a rookie coming into the league.

• Flames 5

54 minutes ago, Tepper’s Used Car Lot said:

The Panthers suck

its true truth GIF

On 6/29/2020 at 7:21 AM, KillerKat said:

He passed a physical while still in Carolina. Problem is teams were not able to a physical on him after his release due to the pandemic. You keep making it sound like he's been able to take more physicals and keeps failing them. Stop pushing a false narrative. 

Yep.  Panthers can't cut him and save their money if he can't pass the physical (or, unless, there is a failed-physical negotiation).

Funny how the owner of a Panthers fan site keeps throwing up this bullpoo, unfounded speculation.

Would have never thought Igo would be the type to put on the white shirt and bow-tie and become A Company Man, but there it is.  The Panthers organization has been lying about Cam since late 2019 (and even before) and Igo has chosen to go all-in.

• Pie 3

I just think some Panthers fans are convincing themselves that Cam is physically shot because they know how damn dumb this organization is going to look if he's not. Worse than the Chargers with Brees. At least the Chargers had Rivers in the fold when they chose to move on from Brees.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am not sure the Pats will allow him to have his own separate personal marketing team with him for practices and games. Doesn't seem like something Bill B would go along with. 

Considering that the Patriots are now banned from filming during games as part of their punishment, Belichick might welcome it with open arms.

The same people who wished Olsen, TD, Ryan Kalil, and many more panthers well when they went to other teams,  are in here hoping Cam fails at the Patriots.  Why can't you just say "good for Cam, hope he does well" and leave it alone?  The dude was easily the best QB this team has ever had, he deserves more respect than this from the fans.

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

The same people who wished Olsen, TD, Ryan Kalil, and many more panthers well when they went to other teams,  are in here hoping Cam fails at the Patriots.  Why can't you just say "good for Cam, hope he does well" and leave it alone?  The dude was easily the best QB this team has ever had, he deserves more respect than this from the fans.

I'm honestly struggling to recall personally wishing a player ill upon his departure.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:17 AM, bLACKpANTHER said:

After thinking about it - we offered him a 2 year deal that was a much better offer than what he got.

Dude, this is a myth.

No basis in fact.

The Panthers didn't offer Cam Newton jack poo.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:56 AM, CRA said:

No, but they had the #1 D and have #1 HC.  They also have a top notch OC. 

Cam might actually go catatonic the first time his new OC doesn't call run-run-pass.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Dude, this is a myth.

No basis in fact.

The Panthers didn't offer Cam Newton jack poo.

nobody offered him anything other than the patriots.  sheffty reported the browns were the only other team to talk to him but they didn't make an offer.   he's got his shot now either way.   

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

their talk as of a month ago pretty strongly indicated they thought Stidham has a shot at being Tom Brady-lite. 

LOL...

Dude, I've been to every college game played by Cam Newton and Jarrett Stidham.

Cam is a true star and legendary talent and always will be, even if his body no longer allows him to play (God forbid).

Stidham has happy feet, bolts from the pocket at the first sign of pressure, and maybe (just *maybe*) has the top-end of playing enough years in this league as a back-up QB to get his NFL pension.

Just being totally honest here.  There is absolutely NOTHING "Brady-lite" about Jarrett Stidham.  (And I actually wish the kid well and I hope he proves me wrong.)

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

LOL...

Dude, I've been to every college game played by Cam Newton and Jarrett Stidham.

Cam is a true star and legendary talent and always will be, even if his body no longer allows him to play (God forbid).

Stidham has happy feet, bolts from the pocket at the first sign of pressure, and maybe (just *maybe*) has the top-end of playing enough years in this league as a back-up QB to get his NFL pension.

Just being totally honest here.  There is absolutely NOTHING "Brady-lite" about Jarrett Stidham.  (And I actually wish the kid well and I hope he proves me wrong.)

I never got what they were thinking, either. 

There is some degree of unhappiness between Hoodie and Kraft over the Brady situation that has seeped through their offseason.

Hoodie wanted to move on from Brady a few years ago, when Garoppolo was hitting critical mass.  Kraft overruled him, they dealt Garoppolo, and the reality of the dynasty probably ending when Brady decided instead of transitioning and staying alive set in.  The irony of that mess is that neither Hoodie, Kraft, nor Brady got what they wanted.

So, the open confidence in Stidham may have been Hoodie's way of telling Kraft and the Pats faithful that this is the hand they are dealt, he didn't deal the hand, but he'll play it. 

Or he really thinks Stidham is Brady-lite.  In which case all bets are off.

Even though they mentioned a competition between Hoyer and Stidham (prior to Cam) for the starting spot, I did not see much other talk that Hoyer would actually be the day one starter.  Cam gives them an out, if he proves healthy.  "We like Stidham a lot, but we just happened to wander into a former MVP who is healthy again" plays a lot better than "Stidham is Brady-lite, but Hoyer is our starter."

• Beer 1