Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
t96

Players opting out

Recommended Posts

The players know they are succeptable. 

“We are not invincible, and as recent reports have shown, we certainly aren’t immune to this virus,” Tretter wrote in his letter. “Underlying conditions like high (body mass index), asthma and sleep apnea are all associated with a higher risk of developing severe symptoms and complications when infected with COVID-19 (the disease caused by the virus). Those conditions are widespread across the league.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/07/01/nfl-players-raise-concerns-about-playing-amid-coronavirus-others-ignore-advice/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, CatTower said:

The problem is that you guys are thinking individualism instead of United.  You say this person or that person could opt out.  Well let's scale that up and say everybody opts out.  Are we just going to enter a Mad Maxx situation then?  Discipline, look it up people. 

Did you just equate an athlete that has the job of entertaining people opting out to a post apocalyptic scenario???

You do realize how objectively insane that is, right?

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CatTower said:

The problem is that you guys are thinking individualism instead of United.  You say this person or that person could opt out.  Well let's scale that up and say everybody opts out.  Are we just going to enter a Mad Maxx situation then?  Discipline, look it up people. 

Man what the hell u talking about 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

An NFL player is at ~0 risk of having anything more than a very mild illness. 

That's not what this whole thing is about. At all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CatTower said:

The problem is that you guys are thinking individualism instead of United.  You say this person or that person could opt out.  Well let's scale that up and say everybody opts out.  Are we just going to enter a Mad Maxx situation then?  Discipline, look it up people. 

415B6E88-BEB2-42D2-B25D-3583C56FFAD5.gif.8efcc7b7c396a1decce2c583c9ed6b56.gif

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Top Clemson DE not playing due to lingering health problems.  0% chance ?

Dabo on Xavier Thomas: “He had a hard time when we got back with his breathing. COVID, strep throat, being a little heavy. The plan is … we’ll get him back from a health standpoint. He’ll take a timeout and get where he needs to be.” Sounds like will be held for a redshirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Top Clemson DE not playing due to lingering health problems.  0% chance ?

Dabo on Xavier Thomas: “He had a hard time when we got back with his breathing. COVID, strep throat, being a little heavy. The plan is … we’ll get him back from a health standpoint. He’ll take a timeout and get where he needs to be.” Sounds like will be held for a redshirt.

Dabo had to make sure to throw in the “being heavy” jab in there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mid week #MACtion this year. The Mid American Conference has cancelled football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

No mid week #MACtion this year. The Mid American Conference has cancelled football. 

Probably not the last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Probably not the last. 

Nope. Wouldn’t surprise me to see the B10 announce a postponement very soon. Once they cancel you can guarantee there won’t be a CFB season. It is wrong to put these kids at risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Expect an announcement this week that college football is postponed/cancelled for 2020. NFL next?

  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully expected, but the thing I was most looking forward to in football this year was watching Sam Howell spin that pigskin. Dude throws bombs.

FatalLastAfricanjacana-max-1mb.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...