Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
mrcompletely11

Greg Little (Now Off) PUP

Recommended Posts

fta it sounds like he didn't pass his physical.   i'd say good gravy, but i think greg ate all the gravy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Greg Little had potential and I don't blame Hurney nor hold him responsible because of Little's injuries. No one can predict injuries...

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

At what point does the injury prone label apply to Little? After year 2 maybe if this keeps up?

Not a good sign when a big guy has ankle issues. That's what got him IRed last season.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Greg Little had potential and I don't blame Hurney nor hold him responsible because of Little's injuries. No one can predict injuries...

Injuries happen and they are hard to predict, but the gm is ultimately responsible for everything. Good or bad. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much ado about nothing which is par for the course around here. With no true off-season conditioning program and no workouts for months and inactivity due to Corona restrictions and gyms closed is it hard to believe some guys might report in less than football shape or need to still rehab an injury? Little was a rookie and played like one. That is why I don't like relying on rookies to start unless they truly are the best option.  Little has plenty of chance to improve and become a starter. People calling him a bust are likely premature in other areas as well.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Greg Little had potential and I don't blame Hurney nor hold him responsible because of Little's injuries. No one can predict injuries...

Of course he is responsible.  He traded up to get him and lets not forget he was getting dominated before the concussions hit.

He is a complete bust, period.

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Much ado about nothing which is par for the course around here. With no true off-season conditioning program and no workouts for months and inactivity due to Corona restrictions and gyms closed is it hard to believe some guys might report in less than football shape or need to still rehab an injury? Little was a rookie and played like one. That is why I don't like relying on rookies to start unless they truly are the best option.  Little has plenty of chance to improve and become a starter. People calling him a bust are likely premature in other areas as well.

Spin it how you want but showing up and promptly failing a physical is not a good sign.  

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Spin it how you want but showing up and promptly failing a physical is not a good sign.  

It isn't a good sign but it isn't necessarily a bad one either unless we know the details. Like I said there is no reason to overdo things or make them mean more than they do. Will little news of note this kind of overreaction is to be expected I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It isn't a good sign but it isn't necessarily a bad one either unless we know the details. Like I said there is no reason to overdo things or make them mean more than they do. Will little news of note this kind of overreaction is to be expected I suppose.

Overreaction?  The news is what it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I think the OL will end up this way--if we play any games---

Reed C (Shocking prediction--but Paradis sucks)

Miller G

Schofield G

Moton T

Okung T

Depth:  Daley (G/T),  Larsen (C/G), Paradis (C), Horton (G), Bowen (T,) Little (T)

Yeah, unless Paradis needed another year to fully recover from that hip surgery he looks like a huge bust of a FA signing. He didn't look NFL caliber last year.

  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Overreaction?  The news is what it is

Yep the news is what it is. Your reaction and others is what is overblown. So simple to figure out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, unless Paradis needed another year to fully recover from that hip surgery he looks like a huge bust of a FA signing. He didn't look NFL caliber last year.

He didn't look good last year but given the extent of injury and the fact he was still rehabbing in training camp it was obvious he wasn't going to be great last year. I said in the off-season last year that his 3 year deal that was really closer to a 2 year deal and anything we got out of him in 2019 would be a bonus.  His technique wasn't bad but his lower body strength was terrible. Exactly what you would expect from a serious hip injury. Now if he sucks this year, then the bust label might fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Yep the news is what it is. Your reaction and others is what is overblown. So simple to figure out.

Dude my reaction was nothing more than stating the fact that he failed a physical and its not a good sign overall because A) he had motivation issues coming out of the draft and B)this has potential to hurt our oline depth even more.

 

Blowing smoke up peoples butts doesnt do any good as well.  Whatever excuse you want to use doesnt change the fact he failed a physical.

Edited by mrcompletely11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

He didn't look good last year but given the extent of injury and the fact he was still rehabbing in training camp it was obvious he wasn't going to be great last year. I said in the off-season last year that his 3 year deal that was really closer to a 2 year deal and anything we got out of him in 2019 would be a bonus.  His technique wasn't bad but his lower body strength was terrible. Exactly what you would expect from a serious hip injury. Now if he sucks this year, then the bust label might fit.

   So your “theory” was that the Panthers signed a player that they knew wouldn’t be healthy enough to play at an effective level his entire first year. Just so they could have him “maybe” get better in the following years? Is this seriously what you are proposing the teams thought process was? Where is the post/thread you introduced this idea? I’d love to see the context and reaction to it. If it even exists. 

    No wonder you believe every move the team makes is correct. You are as clueless as they are. 

  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

   So your “theory” was that the Panthers signed a player that they knew wouldn’t be healthy enough to play at an effective level his entire first year. Just so they could have him “maybe” get better in the following years? Is this seriously what you are proposing the teams thought process was? Where is the post/thread you introduced this idea? I’d love to see the context and reaction to it. If it even exists. 

    No wonder you believe every move the team makes is correct. You are as clueless as they are. 

That is correct, that is how his brain works when it comes to this team.

They paid handsomely for a starting C who can't play...but knew it....and now in his 2nd year Hurney can show the entire NFL just how smart he really is.

That's how he had it drawn up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Injuries happen and they are hard to predict, but the gm is ultimately responsible for everything. Good or bad. 

That's BS, it's an injury...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...