Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
mrcompletely11

Greg Little (Now Off) PUP

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude my reaction was nothing more than stating the fact that he failed a physical and its not a good sign overall because A) he had motivation issues coming out of the draft and B)this has potential to hurt our oline depth even more.

Blowing smoke up peoples butts doesnt do any good as well.  Whatever excuse you want to use doesnt change the fact he failed a physical.

Overreacting again I see. It is funny to see you do exactly what you say you aren't doing. It isn't failing the physical that is in debate, it is the reason he failed and whether it has implications for the long-term.  Since we don't know why he failed and any extenuating circumstances, to assume it is bad, unexpected or a harbinger of the future is premature. It may be an issue or nothing at all. Time will tell. Facts and interpretation of said facts  are very different and you seem to lack awareness of this very basic concept. Like thinking that saying it was a bad sign is fact when clearly it is an opinion.

Edited by panthers55

12 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

That is correct, that is how his brain works when it comes to this team.

They paid handsomely for a starting C who can't play...but knew it....and now in his 2nd year Hurney can show the entire NFL just how smart he really is.

That's how he had it drawn up.

They paid 27 million over 3 years which is not unreasonable for arguably the best center available in free agency. It wasn't that Hurney didn't think he would play in 2019, simply that it was unlikely he would be back to top form by the beginning of the season and hoped he would improve over time with chemistry and time to fully recover.  Given the constant injuries on the line as well as at QB, it is hard to blame any one player for a crappy performance but Paradis was clearly weak in the middle. If he plays well this season it won't have been a bad deal and was worth the risk. If he sucks again then it was a bad move.

17 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Overreacting again I see. It is funny to see you do exactly what you say you aren't doing. It isn't failing the physical that is in debate, it is the reason he failed and whether it has implications for the long-term.  Since we don't know why he failed and any extenuating circumstances, to assume it is bad, unexpected or a harbinger of the future is premature. It may be an issue or nothing at all. Time will tell. Facts and interpretation of said facts  are very different and you seem to lack awareness of this very basic concept. Like thinking that saying it was a bad sign is fact when clearly it is an opinion.

lol, you be you bro

12 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

They paid 27 million over 3 years which is not unreasonable for arguably the best center available in free agency. It wasn't that Hurney didn't think he would play in 2019, simply that it was unlikely he would be back to top form by the beginning of the season and hoped he would improve over time with chemistry and time to fully recover.  Given the constant injuries on the line as well as at QB, it is hard to blame any one player for a crappy performance but Paradis was clearly weak in the middle. If he plays well this season it won't have been a bad deal and was worth the risk. If he sucks again then it was a bad move.

Wow, I never realized Hurney is playing 4D chess against the league.  Very impressive.

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

A0364F17-8F66-4A8C-BD7C-E63E034F18A2.gif.690679baa199cdfcf81000a577e0c0db.gif

The sad part is you actually believe this. Show anywhere on here that you had this “theory” when we signed him. You said you stated it when we signed him. It would go a long way towards showing you didn’t just come up with this BS scenario to defend the brand like you do on everything else. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

He didn't look good last year but given the extent of injury and the fact he was still rehabbing in training camp it was obvious he wasn't going to be great last year. I said in the off-season last year that his 3 year deal that was really closer to a 2 year deal and anything we got out of him in 2019 would be a bonus.  His technique wasn't bad but his lower body strength was terrible. Exactly what you would expect from a serious hip injury. Now if he sucks this year, then the bust label might fit.

Yeah, he looked very physically weak out there. He just couldn't hold his ground. Hopefully another year removed from that surgery will help.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wow, I never realized Hurney is playing 4D chess against the league.  Very impressive.

Apparently there are lots of things you don't realize. LOL

Yeah, right now for sure Paradise looks like an awful FA signing. We'll see if he looks better this season or not. I definitely don't think we signed him expecting him to be a turnstile last season. That's absurd. We signed him to be plug and play. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

Did anyone read the article??

Read the article?  Are you new to the huddle?  Or social media in general?  No one reads the article, they just look at the title.  

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Okung is the starter at LT. Little has become a project at this point. Sucks to trade up in the 2nd for a project.

W-what?  Marty Hurney traded up for a project player?

• Beer 1

Our Oline has the potential to be 2019 Dline bad...without the sacks.

I have zero faith in that unit at this time. Going to have to see it to believe it's not as bad as I fear. 

This dude clearly needed AT LEAST half a season in the weight room before hed be ready to see the field at all, you guys are just impatient and bitchy

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, right now for sure Paradise looks like an awful FA signing. We'll see if he looks better this season or not. I definitely don't think we signed him expecting him to be a turnstile last season. That's absurd. We signed him to be plug and play. 

Exactly. And I thought he played better the last month. Wasn’t a high bar, but it was improvement. I wanted to sign him but when he wasn’t practicing it was a huge red flag. 

• Pie 1

Here is the interesting story about our OL--look past this year:

1. LT contract expires--likely gone.

2. C Paradis:  His contract will not be worth it.  He is likely gone after 2020.

3. RT Moton: Contract expires.  Re-signing him will be expensive.

4. RG Miller:  Contract expires.

5. LG Schofield Contract expires.

6. G/C Reed Contract expires.

It is possible that the entire OL will be playing their final season in Carolina--I think Moton gets re-signed and Paradis (if he has a good year) gets 2021 reworked.

• Beer 1