Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
mrcompletely11

Greg Little (Now Off) PUP

Posted (edited)

The Panthers have literally drafted one offensive tackle in 26 years worth a poo. The current GM has covered about 70% of that time. God help us.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Whats wrong with him now?

I believe it was off-season ankle surgery. Still said hes excepted back "soon".  Its a bad sign when you have all sort of injuries during the season(head, knee, etc) Then have a full off-season and can not be ready for the start of TC AND its a different injury. sigh 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, onmyown said:

The Panthers have literally drafted one offensive tackle in 26 years worth a poo. The current GM has covered about 50% of that time. God help us.

Moton, Chris Terry, and Blake Brockermeyer were ok. Otah had one great year, then got hurt and unmotivated. I get what youre saying tho. I said this a few times now- Its easier to find a great QB, than a great LT.  

Edit- forgot about Wharton too, yea he was mainly a LG, but he started a few games at LT. 

Edited by Basbear

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Moton, Chris Terry, and Blake Brockermeyer were ok. Otah had one great year, then got hurt and unmotivated. I get what youre saying tho. I said this a few times now- Its easier to find a great QB, than a great LT.  

Edit- forgot about Wharton too, yea he was mainly a LG, but he started a few games at LT. 

Thats not really a strong rebuttal 

11 hours ago, t96 said:

I keep forgetting we got rid of Turner. Our interior line is going to be the worst we’ve ever had I think.

And we drafted 0 interior OL in 3 years. 2 of the 3 years were phenomenal interior OL drafts. We knew we were losing Ryan Kalil and Norwell back to back years and we traded Turner for a tackle. Hurney did nothing to address interior OL. The Saints lose their C and replace him immediately with McCoy and then take Ruiz a year later. Solidify their OL for years. We’ve got one starting OL under contract in 2021 and he was our worst OL last year. If we don’t draft Little we could have easily replaced Ryan and Turner and just needed to sign Moton to lock down 3/5 of the OL for years and just work on two spots.

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I certainly see no reason to rush him.back, nor make judgment. 

C’mon. Tackles taken at pick 37 shouldn’t be still trying to crack the starting lineup in year 4. He obviously won’t get there this year. That’s not rushing to judgement. That’s just a realization that we traded away a multiple pro bowl G for an old, expensive, 1 year contract LT that barely played last year because Little couldn’t earn the job. There were a ton of good to great guys we could have taken at 47 and 77 (McCoy, Evans, Crosby) all of whom we had in for private visits. We screwed up taking Little, simple as that.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Okung is the starter at LT. Little has become a project at this point. Sucks to trade up in the 2nd for a project.

Armanti Edwards 2.0 Hurndog gonna Hurney. 

15 hours ago, panthers55 said:

The problem with your analysis is that when he was signed we weren't rebuilding, were what many though was going to be a contender with Cam coming back, and we're only a couple of players away it seemed . It is easy to look now at what happened and say what we should have done in retrospect. But you can only blame Hurney so much for not being Nostradamus with Tepper and now Rhule pulling the strings. Instead of worrying about the Paradis money I see the 45 million in dead cap space which is also the result of this reboot.

Wow. You posted the main One(of many) reasons that your “we knew Paradis would suck” theory is complete BS. If the team was trying to be a contender, why in the world would they even consider signing Paradis in hopes he was healthy in two years. 

Seriously? Are you having trouble keeping your made up scenarios straight? Even in the same thread. Maybe you could explain how any of this is possible. 

• Poo 1

Did anyone say Cam sucked last year because he couldn't play due to injury. Then why the same with Little who missed a number of games with conclusions and got limited practice along the way. Seems to me the injury issues should be the concern not the fact he can't play or will be a bust. He was a rookie with limited playing time who got injured. Not a bust who can't play and sucks as a draft choice.

Little's issue is he was outplayed by a 6th round pick playing out of position. Even outside of injury that is a very bad sign.

Two concussions and now lingering ankle injury added to that is making this a pick that is going to take a lot of time to be ready. That's terrible for a high pick that we traded up for. 

I hope one of the long shot OG FA signings turns out to not be terrible and Daley maybe steps up into the other spot. This unit is not giving me good vibes going into this season. 

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Little's issue is he was outplayed by a 6th round pick playing out of position. Even outside of injury that is a very bad sign.

Two concussions and now lingering ankle injury added to that is making this a pick that is going to take a lot of time to be ready. That's terrible for a high pick that we traded up for. 

I hope one of the long shot OG FA signings turns out to not be terrible and Daley maybe steps up into the other spot. This unit is not giving me good vibes going into this season. 

They reported his knee was the issue although I just suspect thats a general term they are using instead of "out of shape".

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

They reported his knee was the issue although I just suspect thats a general term they are using instead of "out of shape".

Didn't know that. I know he was IRed last year for a highankle sprain. I thought I saw ankle surgery this offseason but I looked it up and it said knee. Damn that's another injury. We need a LT this year, again, in the draft.

2 weeks is over/under for Littles next injury.