Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

Hornets pick 3rd!!!

Ball, Wiseman or Edwards.. Happy with either one.. Don't screw this up take which ever one falls to you..

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Embiid in play?

he has 3 yrs at $95m left on his deal

They've gotta deal either him or Simmons.  Can't believe I'm saying it, but I might prefer Simmons.  Embiid is a Top 5 player when he wants to be. I just don't know if he'll ever consistently want to be. 

Don't know who we may target, but the Hornets are in a great spot trade wise.  Batum's contract is finally an attractive trade piece to, #3 pick, and a few nice young players. Could see some teams clearing space in lieu of the Giannis Sweepstakes, or even just a player like Myles Turner whose team wants to get out from under his deal. 

10 hours ago, carhartt said:

I do like the kid but he reminds me so much of Lonzo. 

Don't get too caught up in the name.  About all the two share are a father, excellent size/length, and passing ability.  Despite mediocre results in the NBA, Lonzo could actually shoot at the college level and he's also a good defender.  Lamelo hasn't shown he can shoot (which bodes very poorly for his chances in the NBA) and is one of the worst defenders you could imagine. He just doesn't have the athleticism and side to side foot speed to stick in front of his man.  Put it all together and if you're still willing to make a comparison between the two, Lamelo is a poor man's Lonzo.  Considering Lonzo is just a role player in the league, I wouldn't touch Lamelo in the lottery.  He'd be worth taking a flier on late in Round 1 in case he can sort out his shot, but even then, I don't view him as more than a solid contributor considering he's so bad on defense.

#3 - Wiseman 

#32 - Cassius Stanley 

#56 - Mamadi Diakite/Jordan Nwora 

Could roll the dice on a UK guy or Euro in the 2nd as well, but biased to ACC guys since I've actually watched the majority of their games. 

Folks the player we have to pick is Obi Toppin.  This is the best player in the draft 

• Pie 1

On 8/24/2020 at 8:03 AM, bLACKpANTHER said:

I really hope we don't get this kid

Do Not Want Broccoli Dog | MyConfinedSpace

Posted (edited)

Been watching hornets highlights to gather needs.   Well what I have uncovered is that Malik Monk is a fuggin superhero waiting to happen.  He would be the best player in this draft.  Damn gotta get him engaged, he is amazing.  Damn.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

Posted (edited)

Obi Toppin is Paul Milsap .. I don't want a Paul Milsap type player with a top 3 pick.. Try to get a player who has a chance to be a superstar and franchise building block... We have enough undersize PF who aren't great at defense rebounding and rim protection  on the roster..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

Malik Monk is a better prospect than Donavan Mitchell.  Really isn't close...but Donavan Michell wants it more.  Hopefully we take that desire into account 

• Pie 1

Just now, Shocker said:

Malik Monk is a better prospect than Donavan Mitchell.  Really isn't close...but Donavan Michell wants it more.  Hopefully we take that desire into account 

Donavan was a two way player who was bigger and had better handles.. Malik is a great athlete and scorer but Mitchell was the better prospect..

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Obi Toppin is Paul Milsap .. I don't want a Paul Milsap type player with a top 3 pick.. Try to get a player who has a chance to be a superstar and franchise building block... We have enough undersize PF on the roster..

Tell me you don’t  want lamelo.  He is the definition of bust.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Donavan was a two way player who was bigger and had better handles.. Malik is a great athlete and scorer but Mitchell was the better prospect..

This is really dumb...no...ridiculous actually

Donovan was a good athlete that couldn’t score.  Malik was so much better in every stat

Edited by Shocker