Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
NAS

Prime position for Lawrence

Guest numbaoneforevea
4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I don’t think Teddy was bad. I think he was pretty average. 

I don’t think Teddy is a bad QB. Never have. I just don’t think Teddy can win you games. He has this year to prove himself, but if were in position to grab TL or JF, then you take them

I agree with our defense you gotta win shootouts T.B is our qb this season..   hes a game manager and cams shadow is big.

2 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Dolphins are not winning more games than us.

They’re not taking Lawrence either though...

Guest numbaoneforevea
44 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

So we are in great shape for the next Jameis Winston/Marcus Mariotta/Mitch Trubiski/Baker Mayfield.  

Or Patrick Mcholmes, Watson, pre injury Wentz, Luck  or Newton.

42 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

You said it right.

You modified it with a guy who was a late third round pick and was rated as not as good as such luminaries as Jack Thompson.  And that is my point.  Been watching football since the 70s and I have seen a ton of player who are "the next great thing" only to not live up to the billing.  In truth, its hard to judge how good he really is as just about every game he plays, his side has more talent than the other side.   Trevor Lawrence may end up being the next Tom Brady, but if you look at the qb's picked with a top five draft pick over the last few years, the list does not inspire confidence.  Carson Wentz is the best of the bunch, and he doesn't exactly put fear in the opposing defenses these days.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

Before the QB fiasco I was totally against tanking but after what this front office has done to our once proud franchise getting Lawrence or the next best QB next year is the only way to pull this franchise out of the nosedive it's in and sell jerseys/tickets again.

We had absolutely NO defense today, hot garbage. Our best defense in the short term may be more offense and that starts at QB.

4 hours ago, NAS said:

We can go all defense for rounds 2-7 after we pick Lawrence

Ummm, QB position wasn’t the problem today. Not to mention the fact that Lawrence is basically playing for an NFL team at Clemson, 5 star studs on the OL, WR, TE and backfield. 

Bottom line is, this game was lost due to lack of talent/experience on the defensive side of the ball. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Before the QB fiasco I was totally against tanking but after what this front office has done to our once proud franchise.

lol wat?

the franchise as a whole has been below average in every statistical category in the NFL since inception...

you literally have to bring up teams like the Browns and Jets to feel good about the past 25 years of the franchise

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, NAS said:

Jags and Washington both won, which means we’re currently the favorites to get the #1 pick Trevor Lawrence next year!

All things considered, there may not be another NFL draft.

It will probably be between us and the Jets 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

So we are in great shape for the next Jameis Winston/Marcus Mariotta/Mitch Trubiski/Baker Mayfield.  

Holy crap, missed this post. This may be the most uneducated post about the draft and QB classes that I’ve ever seen. Kind of like saying when Jamarcus Russell and Tim Couch came out that they were graded anywhere near the Mannings or Luck it even Cam.

I’ll give you an easier example. Was drafting LeBron James the same thing as drafting Kwame Brown? They were both drafted first overall, so the Wizards must have had bad luck because going first overall means that Kwame and LeBron were equally talented and must have received the same grade.

I’ll admit that Lawrence and Fields aren’t guaranteed anything but they are likely to be graded (even with Fields maybe not being able to play this year) way above all those guys you mentioned. No guarantee <> all first round QBs have the exact same potential. Drafts are made on potential.

We would be lucky to get both and have a true chance on a Cam replacement. Sure, if the entire team gets improved around Teddy he could do well but we’d have a heckuva lot better chance at actually winning a SB if we had a great team around a franchise QB like we did in 2015. Is Teddy getting us to the SB in 2015? No.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Just want to point out how silly those folks who were saying we have no chance at Lawrence because the Jags are tanking and will lose every game on purpose look now.  

We're better than Jacksonville so the jokes on all of us, really.

13 hours ago, t96 said:

They’re not taking Lawrence either though...

I don't know, the Cardinals took Murray one year after taking Rosen at #10. If you don't have a franchise QB you gotta keep swinging. Maybe they'll find out that injury is going to keep Tua from having a chance to become that guy?

• Beer 2

I don't see Lawrence as this huge tier above Fields & Lance.  We'll be in position for one of the three if we want them.  Yay.  In the meantime, I don't mind if we show some juice and flex. 

if we have a top 5 pick we are going to be in a very good position. Top of the draft will be loaded with guys who in most years would go #1. 

• Pie 1