Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

Bruce Arians saw "A lot of that college stuff" from Rhule's coaching

Does anyone have that clip of Arians during the NFC championship game in Charlotte where he looked totally defeated and was shaking his head saying something like "I don't understand what happened?" 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

He sees college stuff all the time. Particularly on his hat rack. Nothing sadder than a guy who’s been in a midlife crisis for a decade 

• Flames 1

I hate how everyone whats honest answers and non coach speak ones. Hear we have Arians and hes just that. People jump all over him and wonder why nearly all coaches give boring, genetic answers.  

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I hate how everyone whats honest answers and non coach speak ones. Hear we have Arians and hes just that. People jump all over him and wonder why nearly all coaches give boring, genetic answers.  

Yeah well he also likes to blame everyone else for things that sometimes are his fault. Sound strangely familiar?

He's definitely one of the "bad guys" in the NFL and has been for quite some time. 

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah well he also likes to blame everyone else for things that sometimes are his fault. Sound strangely familiar?

He's definitely one of the "bad guys" in the NFL and has been for quite some time. 

O Im not a fan, I enjoy honest answers tho. Far too many years of hearing coach speak ones, its very refreshing. 

I already stated Arians would pull his famous retire/quit move after this years let down. 

Arians evidently doesn't know poo about "that college stuff". He was a college coach too (at Temple no less). His record? 21-39. That's a whopping 35% win rate. Rhule went 28-23 at Temple including back to back 10 win seasons. Arians never won more than 6 games at Temple.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

arians is threatened by the contention that "college stuff" can work at this level after he's spent the last two years coaching the risk out of kyler murray and changing his entire approach. you're going to see this a lot by incoming teams. things that appear new present a threat to them. 

Don’t fall for the narratives. The saints are a really good team. The Bucs will be looking to get right come Sunday. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

26 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

arians is threatened by the contention that "college stuff" can work at this level after he's spent the last two years coaching the risk out of kyler murray and changing his entire approach. you're going to see this a lot by incoming teams. things that appear new present a threat to them. 

Well Arians has never coached Kyler Murray.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

Tampa's defense actually did a really nice job against the Saints, forcing six punts.  It didn't show in the score, but the defense played pretty well.

Run D is no joke. Corners are a little handsy but short of the deep shot to Cook and the PI deep to Sanders that Bucs are no slouch.

Agree completely. I think what we want to do on offense and our playmaker outside match up fairly well. 

This is the game where lumbering targets like Benjamin and Funchess would get our QB killed

1 hour ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

This is the game where lumbering targets like Benjamin and Funchess would get our QB killed

Are either of these stellar draft choices by  David Gettleman still playing in the NFL? :thinking:

• Flames 1

Well no poo!! It’s his first year in the NFL!! He’s using is methods/coaching style that got him hired!! He will learn and adjust I liked what I saw with a Carolina for no preseason for Offense!! Defense was bad but I like the direction of the team

3 hours ago, Vagrant said:

Wasn’t Murray a rookie last year?