Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

3 Panther starters are out this week.

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Oof. Well, all the Short haters are about to see if the alternative is any better. 

Man, losing two guys on the DL is not good. 

Staying what should be blatantly obvious shouldn't be classified as hating.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

More playing time for the young guys! *looks at list again* oh wait...

Sure I am beating a dead horse but Hurney should be executed in the public square for the way he has constructed this "roster".  I mean holy hell how is it we are razor thin at every single position group sans WR?  I mean one has to really try to be this bad.  We literally have no depth anywhere. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CAPantherFan said:

What is it with guys getting paid suddenly not producing?  

KK was good the first year of his new contract. I just think he's physically shot. He was already 24 when he was drafted which probably played a role in why he slipped the the 2nd round.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Oof. Well, all the Short haters are about to see if the alternative is any better. 

Man, losing two guys on the DL is not good. 

We know the other guy isn't better. It's his contract vs health that makes you hate him. 

41 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Staying what should be blatantly obvious shouldn't be classified as hating.

I mean the crowd who wants us to bench him for "the young guys." I get the angst about the contract but, man, it is not going to go well with his replacements. 

The rebuilding yet to leave demolition phase. Until KK is gone we truly haven't rebuilt anything. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean the crowd who wants us to bench him for "the young guys." I get the angst about the contract but, man, it is not going to go well with his replacements. 

He kinda benches himself every year lately. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Snake said:

He kinda benches himself every year lately. 

I don't think he can control his body not holding up. That would be like saying Luke kept benching himself with concussions or Cam kept benching himself with shoulder problems. When your health starts failing you in contact sports, it's pretty much the end. 

If this is a nagging injury, I'd say this is the last we will see of Short. 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think he can control his body not holding up. That would be like saying Luke kept benching himself with concussions or Cam kept benching himself with shoulder problems. When your health starts failing you in contact sports, it's pretty much the end. 

If this is a nagging injury, I'd say this is the last we will see of Short. 

No one is saying he can. Just that he's in the way of progress. Why have a guy on the team that's going to give you 3 games a year? Especially when you probably won't win but 2 or 3 games. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

No one is saying he can. Just that he's in the way of progress. Why have a guy on the team that's going to give you 3 games a year? Especially when you probably won't win but 2 or 3 games. 

He isn't in the way of progress. He is starting over two JAG's.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He isn't in the way of progress. He is starting over two JAG's.

His contract is and so is his health. We already know he's going to end up on IR and it's week 2. Who really is the Jag in that situation? 

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I wonder if a team would be interested in a trade for Short. I wouldn’t expect much but still something.

You can't trade injured people and the hurndog restructuring would make it impossible even if he wasn't. 

• Beer 1