Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

3 Panther starters are out this week.

Looks like Obada will see plenty of time at DT this week

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Looks like Obada will see plenty of time at DT this week

Start Ronald Jones in every single fantasy league you have.

2 hours ago, NAS said:

Someone may be desperate enough to win now and may think he can still get back to form

Adding in injury concerns now, along with salary and subpar play, I don’t know if they could get a conditional 7th. 

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

Adding in injury concerns now, along with salary and subpar play, I don’t know if they could get a conditional 7th. 

As long as they take over his contract, I will take a bag of chips

1 minute ago, NAS said:

As long as they take over his contract, I will take a bag of chips

That’s the catch. I’m sure the Panthers would gladly have that happen for nothing. That’s why he should have been gone already. Could have saved 13M two weeks ago. 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, jfra78 said:

I have been willing to give him a chance, but if this is serious then it's time to cut bait

The time to cut bait was before the season when we could have tucked his $13M salary back into our cap space. Once the season starts all vets like Short are guaranteed that money.

• Beer 1

So glad we switched out of the 3-4 so we could have zero pressure and no DEs. ryan reynolds ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

The time to cut bait was before the season when we could have tucked his $13M salary back into our cap space. Once the season starts all vets like Short are guaranteed that money.

If it's not serious, I have no problem with him playing at his current contract.  I know you do, and I dont need it spelled out for the millionth time why you have a problem with it.  If it is not season ending, but is something the team and player feels will be a nagging injury that wont go away, they can work out some kind of injury settlement.  If it is season ending he will be cut after the season. At this point it is what it is and looking to the past really doesnt benefit anything other than to say "I told you so"

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

If it's not serious, I have no problem with him playing at his current contract.  I know you do, and I dont need it spelled out for the millionth time why you have a problem with it.  If it is not season ending, but is something the team and player feels will be a nagging injury that wont go away, they can work out some kind of injury settlement.  If it is season ending he will be cut after the season. At this point it is what it is and looking to the past really doesnt benefit anything other than to say "I told you so"

Its just pointing out more bad decisions from the Hurnster

26 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its just pointing out more bad decisions from the Hurnster

And then what?

32 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

And then what?

There is no "then what".  Just simply showing again how hurney sucks.  Thats okay to do on here.  Dont be triggered

Lol Yea i was going to say we have a DE starter named Yetur Gross-Matos wow this team is beyond unrecognizable and the "defense" if that's what we want to call what they were doing on Sunday didn't exactly make anyone know they were there. Cool so Lawrence and all defense again....

19 hours ago, CAPantherFan said:

What is it with guys getting paid suddenly not producing?  

It's not unique to us.

And it's not always because guys get lazy either. Every player has a limited shelf life. It's not unusual for their contract to exceed their usefulness.

9 hours ago, Snake said:

So glad we switched out of the 3-4 so we could have zero pressure and no DEs.

When did we get pressure using the 3-4?

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Oh I agree it is what it is. I still don’t have to like it. It was a terrible decision considering we weren’t going to contend and unless he miraculously gets younger he’s way too expensive for what we’ll get. 2 games in and he’s gotten pancaked and hurt.

Also, there no injury settlement. Once a vet has gotten on the active roster for week 1 their salary for the year is guaranteed. He gets $13M whether he’s on IR or not or even released.