Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Official Sunday Night Football thread - Pats at Hawks

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Can players opt back in if they opted out of the season? The Pats will win it if that happens. Right now they’re just a playoff team

No idea. Hopefully there’s a playoff exception. That’d be pretty neat.

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Who the heck said that the dude was pennies for the next two seasons.... 

Oh man, there were many here. Should've been here to see it. "Give him 20 mil!" that's exactly what was said along with other things as if he were the next great QB.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

This has been my biggest thing. They know they don’t like Teddy and want Trevor. They should just be real. I hate the fake sh*t. I love the panthers and will root for them, but I’m going to call out the fake I see. Again, around week 10/11, they’ll be talking about Teddy’s accuracy too

What about folks that want Justin? You can’t put a label on everyone just because you think what they want is for some other reason. Sometimes people want something that is next level and don’t want to live through the QB type play that was here during the Weinke, bad Jake and Clausen years. Those years were filled with boredom and hope, but we were ultimately let down a majority of the time. If you were a fan at that time, then I am sure that you don’t want that again.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Oh, and a lot of the Carolinas rooting for Cam too. I know that hurts the top brass here and the panthers front office. My timeline is full of people rooting for Cam, and they’re in Greensboro and my hometown of Winston.

All of this, “the panthers fan support is growing” is false. 

Exactly.

No amount of threads claiming "the panthers fan support is growing" will make it true.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Dilla said:

He's Alex Smith. And there's nothing wrong with that!

If we had a good team, I would be fine with Bridgewater as QB bc I know he wouldn't fug anything up.

Alex Smith,Jimmy Garrapolo solid completly unspectacular QBs.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

Oh man, there were many here. Should've been here to see it. "Give him 20 mil!" that's exactly what was said along with other things as if he were the next great QB.

People were flippin their literal poo for Kyle 

2 minutes ago, Dilla said:

He's Alex Smith. And there's nothing wrong with that!

If we had a good team, I would be fine with Bridgewater as QB bc I know he wouldn't fug anything up.

Fair assessment. And when I say I don’t like Teddy it’s not some personal jab at the guy. He might be a great guy. But at the end of the day, our franchise think tank decided it was a good idea to get rid of Cam Newton because of “health concerns” to pickup a guy who hasn’t gone into a season as a starter in forever and who completely obliterated his knee and has every bit the health concerns IMO that Cam Newton might have. On top of that, they gave him an insane contract to boot. And the guy is a mediocre QB and that’s fine if you have a really talented team around him. But we signed a mediocre QB to a 3 year deal for insane money in the midst of a complete rebuild. So again I have no personal beef with Teddy B. and hope he has some unprecedented lightbulb go off and has a career year and balls out, but I’m certainly not gonna bet even a dollar against a hundred that that is going to happen. It’s not Teddy’s fault but it is what it is. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Exactly.

No amount of threads claiming "the panthers fan support is growing" will make it true.

Cam put butts in seats. Any other notion is straight up horseshit. 

• Pie 3

Cam played well....he must like having an offensive line in front of him and not running for his life every play.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

People were flippin their literal poo for Kyle 

I got all kinds of hate for suggesting that Bridgewater is basically a non-fumbling Kyle Allen. I mean... he is.

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My problem is we had some ideal tank commanders already on the roster at virtually no cap hit. I know Teddy is here because he knows Brady's offense but one thing these college dudes have to understand is that unless you're a Belichick level coach, elite talent can never be passed up for a guy who "knows your system". If you can't coach elite talent to your system, then you can't coach. That's what coaches do. This isn't college. There are no SW Arkansas State A&Ms on the schedule.

Honestly, the more I have thought about it, I think knowing the offense had very little to do with it at this point...  i forgot until they said it on the broadcast today that Teddy and Brady were both from Miami.  I think it was more a "who you know" kind of deal, and the offense was just a bonus.  Anyone watching the Saints offense in Brees' absence last year could see he wasn't any more than a game manager even in that system and the offense was lacking something with him at the helm.  I didn't find his time as starter to be a ringing endorsement for him as a starter anywhere else.  Hell, and people seem to forget Teddy couldn't even win the Jets' starting QB job before he went to New Orleans.  I think Joe just likes him for his shared background and familiarity.  Grier hadn't run this offense.  PJ Walker hadn't run this offense.  And yet, both of them are on this roster...  I get Teddy is the starter and they are on the bench, but again, I just think knowing the offense had very little to do with it.  Brady liked him and wanted him for personal reasons, and Rhule and Tepper wanted to hit the reset button for their own egos.

Honestly, at this point, I would rather them just start PJ or Will, because having to see Teddy out there struggling and then see how well Cam is doing elsewhere is just utterly depressing.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Montsta said:

Fair assessment. And when I say I don’t like Teddy it’s not some personal jab at the guy. He might be a great guy. But at the end of the day, our franchise think tank decided it was a good idea to get rid of Cam Newton because of “health concerns” to pickup a guy who hasn’t gone into a season as a starter in forever and who completely obliterated his knee and has every bit the health concerns IMO that Cam Newton might have. On top of that, they gave him an insane contract to boot. And the guy is a mediocre QB and that’s fine if you have a really talented team around him. But we signed a mediocre QB to a 3 year deal for insane money in the midst of a complete rebuild. So again I have no personal beef with Teddy B. and hope he has some unprecedented lightbulb go off and has a career year and balls out, but I’m certainly not gonna bet even a dollar against a hundred that that is going to happen. It’s not Teddy’s fault but it is what it is. 

Maybe they had a conscious, and freed him. 

Idk, I just hate to think a group of people can be that stupid.

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

All of this, “the panthers fan support is growing” is false. 

I don't post here as often as I used to. . . people here were saying this dumb poo???

• Pie 4

I’ll say some stuff about Teddy’s play but I don’t hate the guy. Seems like a decent dude but he’s pretty average as a player. It’s not his fault that the organization gave him that crazy contract while quickly giving up on Cam and needlessly tossing him to the side like some no name player. 

It was the same concept concerning Kyle Allen being called out for being awful when people were low key comparing him to Tom freaking Brady despite little evidence to suggest anything close to it. All just to satisfy some sick desire to move on from that oh so threatening and wicked Cam Newton.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1