Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
ncfan

Sam Darnold

Absolutely wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him, he has terrific arm talent and a good head on his shoulders. Adam Gase is a cancer and no one likes him, and he's hindering that whole team. Isn't it impressive how much Tannehill has improved now that he's away from Gase? Look at how many players have improved since he's left Miami/they left Miami.

However outside of that eh? Wouldn't want to trade for him really. 

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Nah. I think he might be damaged goods at this point. Hard pass. 

I'd sign him on a low cost free agent deal, if available. We definitely don't have a good back up option.

Damaged goods, you say? Like I mentioned in my one-man train of picking Sewell over the other QBs. No one has changed my mind about putting a great 1-5 overall pick behind a joke of NFL line(like the 2021 panthers one). Not high on sitting a #1 pick 1-2 years either, while you try to fix the OL. Fix the OL FIRST!!!

I got to eat some crow about him tho, I completely disowned Gettleman after he passed on Darnold for Saquad. I thought he would be a top ten QB within a couple years. Funny part is Gase is a QB guru, Peyton speaks very highly of him. Doesnt seem fit to be a HC, needs to drop back a few levels. 

I thought Teddy clearly outplayed him in that preseason, yet they chose to throw the rookie to the wolves.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Nah. I think he might be damaged goods at this point. Hard pass. 

I'd sign him on a low cost free agent deal, if available. We definitely don't have a good back up option.

Devil's Advocate here: Wasn't Ryan Tannehill damaged goods not that long ago? :thinking:

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Devil's Advocate here: Wasn't Ryan Tannehill damaged goods not that long ago? :thinking:

I prefer we damage our own goods and not try to repair someone else's.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

He has Tim Couch written all over him

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I prefer we damage our own goods and not try to repair someone else's.  

Some would likely retort that our damaged goods are starting in Foxboro.

• Flames 4

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Some would likely retort that our damaged goods are starting in Foxboro.

Only because he's dirt cheap and expendable I'm afraid.  I hope I am wrong on that one but my gut is in knots hoping Cam makes it through the season up there.  

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Only because he's dirt cheap and expendable I'm afraid.  I hope I am wrong on that one but my gut is in knots hoping Cam makes it through the season up there.  

He's looked pretty good so far.

Realistically speaking though, whether or not he makes it through a full season healthy is a valid question.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

He wasn’t great at USC either. Never understood the hype around him. 

I've never understood the hype around ANY USC quarterback. Carson Palmer was a legit starter in the NFL. He was never elite or top 5 at his position, but for several seasons you could make a strong case that he was always a top 15 player, and maybe even top 10. The early injury in his career and the fact that he spent much of his career in Cincinnati negativity affected his career.

Outside of Carson Palmer, tell me a USC quarterback that excelled in pro football. I can't think of it of any, and I've been watching football since the late 1970s.

Just take a look at names below and you'll see why I have this point of view

Rodney Peete had some success but he would be considered a journey man QB. Pat Jaden started for the Rams when I was a kid but ultimately lost his job to the long forgotten Vince Ferragamo.

Matt Leinert, Cody Kessler, Mark Sanchez, John David Booty, Matt Barkley, Rob Johnson,  Todd Marinovich, and Matt Cassell never excelled in the PROS. I don't think the above list has one pro bowl appearance among them.

As soon as I saw Sam Darnold...USC Quarterback...I realized he already had 3 strikes against him.

I'd feel better drafting a Division 2 college player or taking a chance on an undrafted free agent before I'd invest HEAVILY in ANY USC quarterback. 

:eyeroll:

Edited by SCO96

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Rather have Trubisky. 

:poison:

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

He better! Das my (fantasy) QB!

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Damaged goods, you say? Like I mentioned in my one-man train of picking Sewell over the other QBs. No one has changed my mind about putting a great 1-5 overall pick behind a joke of NFL line(like the 2021 panthers one). Not high on sitting a #1 pick 1-2 years either, while you try to fix the OL. Fix the OL FIRST!!!

I got to eat some crow about him tho, I completely disowned Gettleman after he passed on Darnold for Saquad. I thought he would be a top ten QB within a couple years. Funny part is Gase is a QB guru, Peyton speaks very highly of him. Doesnt seem fit to be a HC, needs to drop back a few levels. 

Gase is a complete joke. He seems to be a QB destroyer and not whisperer. 

• Beer 1