Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
therealmjl

Mike McCarthy

He would have been part of an NFL groupthink hire spiral that this team has been stuck in forever. Thankfully we found some diversity in philosophy within our emphasis in that category.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

U mean super bowl champion Mike McCarthy? 

• Pie 1

Living in Texas for the last 10 years I know a lot of cowbutts fans and boy they all hate McCarthy

Something else Marty Hurney will never get credit for is the hiring of Matt Rhule. David Tepper even admitted that he was sitting in Rhules house just chitchatting when he realized that Marty had gone into full-fledged recruiting mode because he saw everything he wanted in our next head coach.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

U mean super bowl champion Mike McCarthy? 

George Seifert

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

Did we really seriously consider McCarthy over Rhule at any point? I recall it being Bienemy, Rhule and McDaniels in play... Really fuging glad we hired Rhule and not McDaniels. Bienemy could still be great, but I have no reservations about Rhule.

• Pie 3

McCarthy was already interviewed by the time we got around to Matt Rhule. I don't think we were ever all that high on him but a lot of analysts were linking us to him.

As to Eric Bieniemy, I think his enthusiasm for Cam Newton probably heard his chances of getting the job.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

Something else Marty Hurney will never get credit for is the hiring of Matt Rhule. David Tepper even admitted that he was sitting in Rhules house just chitchatting when he realized that Marty had gone into full-fledged recruiting mode because he saw everything he wanted in our next head coach.

Source?

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

Need to remember that Tepper is the one that makes decisions on Marty...and so far he has decided that he will be the GM