Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Teddy is the best QB in the south

Who was it that told y’all before the season started that Teddy was gonna kill it this season ? 

hmmmmm...

23 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Who was it that told y’all before the season started that Teddy was gonna kill it this season ? 

hmmmmm...

The jury is still out on “killing it”. There’s like three full time QBs with less touchdowns than Teddy in the NFL, we have the lowest scoring offense in the NFC South and we have kicked more Field Goals than any other team in the South. We are marching up and down the field but we aren’t converting yards to scores yet. Most people agree it’s the one area Teddy has to show improvement in and then there really isn’t anything else left in his game to criticize. 

For reference we are 21st in the NFL in PPG on offense. We are like 12th or 13th in defense. Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold and Philip Rivers are the only QBs in the NFL to start every game for their team and pass for less touchdowns. He’s tied with Burrow, Wentz and Trubisky for 22-25 in the NFL despite Mitch not playing in every game, Burrow being a rookie who is getting killed behind his line, Wentz is getting killed and they have no WRs to throw to and Trubisky was so bad he lost his job. 

Teddy has been better than expected so far but I wouldn’t say he is killing it yet. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

I've never understood why there are so many Teddy haters out there. All the guy does is win. Don't let the laughs and cutting up fool you. He has ice water running through his veins. Watch the Rutgers game where he came off the bench to bring his team from behind to win with a sprained ankle and left arm in a cast. When the game is on the line, he's the guy I want. Well ok, that guy at Tampa Bay is pretty good too when it's crunch time...

• Pie 1

Teddy Ballgame... 

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Every QB loses points to the RB getting TDs. I kind of debunked this though in my previous post. Only one team in this division has less rushing TDs than us. We have kicked more field goals than any other team in our division. We just aren’t cashing it at the rate other teams are. 

I’m in agreement, that’s why I followed up with “regardless of where the points come from on offense”, that includes FG’s. I thought we had more rushing TD’s, my bad.

Yeah I don't get the hate. My friend who is a Panthers fan also said last week "he ok but I want a stud QB." I like dude he is playing like one of the QBs in the NFL right now. I don't get it

Edited by Malt Liquor
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think what needs to be pointed out is that QBs don't have to be outstanding to win a ring. They just need to be competent, make every throw, and take care of the football. Playing smart football and making the plays that count. If surrounded with talent any qb with those abilities is a threat under the right circumstances. This is an 11 man sport and one QB can make or break you, but only bc you can still win if they don't break you do they matter.

TB12(<TB5) is the prime example of being surrounded with talent and players in their respective roles doing their job. Coached, and schemed correctly if you adhere to the plan you will statically be at a higher percentage of winning bc your doing what is expected.

I mean Trent Fuggin Dilfer won A Superbowl man. That guy was booty meat.

1 hour ago, Diehardpanther02 said:

I think what needs to be pointed out is that QBs don't have to be outstanding to win a ring. They just need to be competent, make every throw, and take care of the football. Playing smart football and making the plays that count. If surrounded with talent any qb with those abilities is a threat under the right circumstances. This is an 11 man sport and one QB can make or break you, but only bc you can still win if they don't break you do they matter.

TB12(<TB5) is the prime example of being surrounded with talent and players in their respective roles doing their job. Coached, and schemed correctly if you adhere to the plan you will statically be at a higher percentage of winning bc your doing what is expected.

I mean Trent Fuggin Dilfer won A Superbowl man. That guy was booty meat.

Got dang it! Always glad to see the term "Booty meat" used.

4 hours ago, Varking said:

The jury is still out on “killing it”. There’s like three full time QBs with less touchdowns than Teddy in the NFL, we have the lowest scoring offense in the NFC South and we have kicked more Field Goals than any other team in the South. We are marching up and down the field but we aren’t converting yards to scores yet. Most people agree it’s the one area Teddy has to show improvement in and then there really isn’t anything else left in his game to criticize. 

For reference we are 21st in the NFL in PPG on offense. We are like 12th or 13th in defense. Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold and Philip Rivers are the only QBs in the NFL to start every game for their team and pass for less touchdowns. He’s tied with Burrow, Wentz and Trubisky for 22-25 in the NFL despite Mitch not playing in every game, Burrow being a rookie who is getting killed behind his line, Wentz is getting killed and they have no WRs to throw to and Trubisky was so bad he lost his job. 

Teddy has been better than expected so far but I wouldn’t say he is killing it yet. 

So we overlook Teddys situation? 
1) First and foremost, the horrific injury he’s battled back from.

2) Coming to a new team with big turnover.

3) New coaching staff, new system.

4) Limited OTA and no preseason.

Yes I agree there should be a higher TD conversion rate, especially the Chargers game, but it’s improved over the past 2 weeks of play. I think he’s doing exactly what Rhule wants from him, being smart and efficient, playing within himself and most importantly... Being a leader. 

• Pie 4

Teddy has been great so far and I think he's going to have a great season here.

Not sure anyone should be wearing the crown of the best QB in the NFC South yet. Maybe we'll know better by the end of November. 

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Yes I agree there should be a higher TD conversion rate, especially the Chargers game, but it’s improved over the past 2 weeks of play. I think he’s doing exactly what Rhule wants from him, being smart and efficient, playing within himself and most importantly... Being a leader. 

1) He’s been back from injury for a few years. It’s not like he just came back this year. He was with the Jets and Saints while not being hurt anymore and he played well last year, too. 
2) Tom Brady went to a new team as well where he can’t even practice with his two best WRs and the TE he brought in isn’t being used to catch passes and their rb situation is awful and they have a bad oline. 
Teddys top WRs have missed no time, he hasn’t been sacked in weeks and his running back has played well above level. 
3) Brady had this same issue.

4) Brady had this same issue. 
If I have two WRs killing it, a QB killing it, and a running back killing it, we should not be in the bottom part of the NFL in scoring. We mock Matt Ryan and Drew Brees for how they have performed and some here trash Brady but five weeks into the season we have been the worst scoring team of the bunch and our QB has the worst TD to INT of anyone in the division. And that is with Ryan not having Julio, Brees not having Thomas and Brady not having much in the way of Evans or Godwin. 

4 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Even then, the red zone play calling was questionable at best in the LA game. With only a couple routes ending up in the endzone on a few plays. 

A few people here get caught up with certain stats without seeing the whole picture because they don’t quite understand all the moving parts. 

Justin Herbert threw for 4 touchdowns Monday night and lost because he was unable to make the intermediate throws when they mattered. People harp on that Chargers game but ignore the fact that the following week our offense performed very well in the red zone. It’s not just a Teddy thing. 

Smart and efficient is what wins in this league. It’s why the Saints continue to win despite Drew’s obvious decline. Half the battle is not beating yourself. Josh Allen on Tuesday threw a boneheaded INT, those are game changers.

Football is a team effort, from the coaches down to the players. We’re finally seeing a team that can play within a system and win. That is much better than having a few guys having to make highlight plays each week to bail out the coaching staff. Teams like the Saints and Patriots, play within their system.

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 2

On 10/12/2020 at 9:39 PM, BigBoss said:

I know it hasn’t been what they were hoping for and Teddy is great but..... I’d still take TB12 in a heartbeat.

but yeah he’s way better than Ratt myan and poo pees.

Sorry, but no.  Brady just isn't very good.

19 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Sorry, but no.  Brady just isn't very good.

How many QBs have been “very good” in your eyes? Tampa has no running game but they are ahead of us in points per game. Evans has played sparingly and Godwin has barely played. How are they scoring all these points? 

The crown on best NFC South QB will probably be in play to go to a rookie next year with how fast the old guard are falling apart right now and how high those picks project at the moment. I'm having a blast watching the other teams fall apart but we have plenty of areas where we need to improve before celebrating any crowns in our division. Being the best QB in our division is looking like more of a hill than a mountain and Teddy still is not yet at the top. 

I'm just going to enjoy the show and hope other teams beat those three on the race to the best talent in the draft at QB.  

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Varking said:

How many QBs have been “very good” in your eyes? Tampa has no running game but they are ahead of us in points per game. Evans has played sparingly and Godwin has barely played. How are they scoring all these points? 

Mike Evans has played in all 5 games.  He's still playing with an all-universe tight end, a high 1st rounder and talented TE behind him, and is only completing only 64% of his passes, clearly thought it was 3rd down when it was 4th down.

Of his 5 games, he has only had two somewhat quality outings.  Everything else has been painfully average/below average.