Carolina Huddle
nctarheelreincarnated

CBS Sports Mock Draft. Panthers pass on Lance for an OL guy. 49ers take Lance the next pick.

Just now, theinstrumental said:

You could argue that, but you'd be cherrypicking the outlier season for Smith in terms of aggressiveness and ignoring the 5,000 yard, 50-touchdown MVP season from Mahomes. 

Outlier or a better team coming together? And time will tell if Mahomes 5000/50 was an outlier as well because the next season, he threw for 1k yards less and 1/2 the TDs with this season trending towards more TDs but around the same amount of yards. 

All I'm saying is if you look at a Chiefs game over the course of the the past 5 season, you won't see that much has changed from a scheming perspective. The offense has gotten better, no doubt but it was trending that way anyway. Kelce was already a man and Hill was coming into his own (his first 1k season). 2018 added a viable 3rd option in Sammy Watkins. But a difference that a defense makes. I believe from 2018 to 2019, they had scored less points but had a higher point differential, while Mahomes put up the same numbers that Smith did in 2017. 

On 10/14/2020 at 4:11 PM, TLGPanthersFan said:

If Lance is available you take him. 

agree QB is too important a position to pass up if a franchise talent falls into your lap

Chiefs did it with Mahomes when they had Smith 

• Beer 1

On 10/14/2020 at 8:37 PM, Jon Snow said:

And QB depth.  Unless Rhule can get something out of Grier that we haven't seen so far.

I think this is the worst part about not having a preseason.  Makes it really hard to tell what your backup QB's may look like.

Really difficult to actually know where we'll be picking at this point. If we beat the bears well be 4-2 and could finish 12-4 for all you know 

Imo our biggest needs are MLB, 3 tech DT, then G. DB would be there if it wasn't for the emergence of Rasul, we really needed that. MLB is the most important because of how bad Tahir is and we need a sideline to sideline guy. For DT we could use some interior pressure. Having a good lb is the difference in the run game and underneath passing D. To get either a DT or MLB of the quality we need, it needs to be a high pick. 

On 10/16/2020 at 12:39 AM, Agent Blue said:

also need S (boston is ass)

I agree we need a Safety however I'd wait a year so we could take one in the first round unless one falls into the second thats really good. I feel atm Boston has at least not let much beat him over the top and is average enough for another season. He sucks but the next FS we get I want a true sideline to sideline guy that can play single high if needed. 

I love how reading this thread is like the draft is next week, and anybody has a flicking idea who is going to be where, where we'll be picking, and whom rhule and company is looking at after a free agency period that hasn't happened yet!

But this sure is fun!!!